Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2013

sur_crazy4carrie

Looks like I'm going to have to sit this year out. I haven't seen anything except TDKR and I can't do squat till my exams are over in January.

AIgrl06

Awards season is officially starting with the New York Film Critics' Awards on Monday... that means I'm REALLY behind! :/ I haven't seen a single movie since Silver Linings Playbook over a month ago, let alone an Oscar contender.

I think next on my list are Lincoln, Anna Karenina and Skyfall. Oh, and Zero Dark Thirty! ...Hopefully soon, haha.

bigbluegrl23

Awards season is officially starting with the New York Film Critics' Awards on Monday... that means I'm REALLY behind! :/ I haven't seen a single movie since Silver Linings Playbook over a month ago, let alone an Oscar contender.

I think next on my list are Lincoln, Anna Karenina and Skyfall. Oh, and Zero Dark Thirty! ...Hopefully soon, haha.

silver linings is an oscar contender haha
Becca

Grace_Of_God

step up ya game!!!

teesharky

Ok the Governor's Awards dinner is tonight, and Kristen Stewart is there, etc. I forget: What is this dinner about? And who was honored? tx.

I need to see SkyFall as well, and Silver Linings.

But I did see Argo and Lincoln, and they were both superb.

teesharky

I can't find the nominees for the New york Film Critics awards. Hmmm

Do they not announce them in advance?

AIgrl06

No, nominations aren't announced in advance. I can't wait for the awards, though, haha. I'm going to go through and see what movies I'll be able to watch online tonight and tomorrow. School's winding down for the semester so I should have some time freed up. :D

Grace_Of_God

NYFCC Awards results-

Best Picture- Zero Dark Thirty
Best Actor-Daniel Day Lewis, Lincoln
Best Actress- Rachel Weisz, The Deep Blue Sea
Best Supporting Actor- Matthew McConaughey, Bernie and Magic Mike (really?)
Best Supporting Actress- Sally Fields, Lincoln
Best Screenplay- Lincoln
Best Animated- Frankenwenie

Shut out completely- Les Mis, Silver Linings Playbook, Argo, and The Master

AIgrl06

Welp, looks like I really, really need to see Lincoln right about now, haha. To add to that list, Kathryn Bigelow won Director for Zero Dark Thirty. Ooh, and I just remembered Tony Kushner wrote Lincoln. That just made me 100x more excited for the film, heh.

It's not necessarily an Oscar contender, bu I watched Hope Springsand I really, really liked it. It was really engaging and Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones were both phenomenal in their roles. I'd recommend it.

Grace_Of_God

^ I knew i was missing a category....whoops director.

and really? I had seen a lot of previews for that movie and wasnt sure about it

bigbluegrl23

damn, I guess voters were tired hearing who they were going to vote for. is this award show a major clue for how the other big shows will vote?
Becca

AIgrl06

I'm going to hold off on The Deep Blue Sea and the Matthew McConaughey films until I see if they gain more traction. Sometimes critics' groups like this give us a couple that we don't see again (doesn't mean they're not great performances, of course).

^ I knew i was missing a category....whoops director.

and really? I had seen a lot of previews for that movie and wasnt sure about it

Yeah, I actually really liked it. It's essentially just a character study of two people who've been married for 30+ years. The performances are stellar. But I don't think it'll get any awards traction besides like, the Globes.

Grace_Of_God

^ interesting. Ill have to check it out once award season dies down a bit

and yeah im holding off on those movies as well....haha

teesharky

Lincoln and Sally Field are deserving. as well as Daniel Day Lewis.

But I resent the exclusion of Argo. That is some BS. It was a Phenominal movie and surely Ben should have at least been nominated!!!! $%#%$#

God I hate snotty voters!

I hate Katherine Bigelow too- sorry. She is so over-rated as Hurt Locker was horrendous. I tired 3x to watch it and could not make it through the first 20 minutes. So boring. No character development. No emotion. Dull as paint drying.

teesharky

Welp, looks like I really, really need to see Lincoln right about now, haha. To add to that list, Kathryn Bigelow won Director for Zero Dark Thirty. Ooh, and I just remembered Tony Kushner wrote Lincoln. That just made me 100x more excited for the film, heh.

It's not necessarily an Oscar contender, bu I watched Hope Springsand I really, really liked it. It was really engaging and Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones were both phenomenal in their roles. I'd recommend it.

Tommy Lee Jones is on fire this year. He was phenominal in Lincoln and stole the show. He better get some award show love.