Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on the cover of June Marie Claire

Ann055

mcx-carrie-underwood-0613-9-lgn.jpg

The Carrie Diaries

For her first MC cover shoot, in Nashville, Tennessee, Carrie Underwood acted like a girl about to play dress up, fawning over silk Burberry, floral Oscar de la Renta, and embellished Giambattista Valli. The 1950s Hollywood-glamour-inspired wardrobe was a far cry from the outfit she arrived in: no-name sweatpants, Havaianas, and a Nashville Predators sweatshirt — her husband, Mike Fisher, plays center for the team. In hair and makeup, she revealed plans for the home they're building together, complete with an elevator for when Fisher retires from the hard knocks of hockey. At first Underwood found the luxury impractical, but soon warmed to the idea like someone accustomed to a smooth ride to the top. —Ashley Ross

Ann055

mcx-carrie-underwood-0613-10-lgn.jpg

The Carrie Diaries

Swimsuit, $1,995, Burberry Prorsum; stacked rings, $700 to $4,450, gold circle ring, $2,600, De Beers; band ring, Underwood's own.

On nails: OPI Nail Lacquer in Who Needs a Prince.

What she wrote in her high school yearbook: "You were supposed to say what you would be doing in 10 years, and I said, 'I will be rich, famous, and married to a hot guy.' I guess I should have added a few more things."

Secret talent: "I can eat any man under the table."

Ann055

mcx-carrie-underwood-0613-11-lgn.jpg

The Carrie Diaries

Top & skirt, prices upon request, Giambattista Valli; ring, from $3,300, Piaget; shoes, $795, Jimmy Choo.

On hair: TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.

Things she's bad at: "I'm probably not great at talking or understanding emotional things. I'll totally listen. But I won't have a lot of advice to give. I'm bad at calling to check in, the long conversation. But in the ways that really matter, I'm there. I would donate a kidney. The people they hate, I hate."

Ann055

mcx-carrie-underwood-0613-12-lgn.jpg

The Carrie Diaries

Top, price upon request, Oscar de la Renta; hair clip, editor's own.

On lips: Maybelline New York Color Whisper by Color Sensational Lipcolour in Pin Up Peach.

Favorite singers: "George Michael. Even as a 3-year-old I could pick his voice out of a million. I liked Queen growing up because [Freddie Mercury] could do things I couldn't do. Aerosmith, same thing. Martina McBride hit a lot of awesome, high, long notes. I'd make myself do them. She taught me how to sing, in a way."

What bums her out: "When people say, 'She's hard to talk to.' This guy I know said, 'You know what I love about you? I can sit next to you and I don't have to talk.' And I'm like, 'Thank you?'"

Ann055

mcx-carrie-underwood-0613-8-lgn.jpg

The Carrie Diaries

Dress, $1,795, Michael Kors; chain-link bracelet, $3,850, Pomellato; triple-bangle bracelet, price upon request, Cartier; sunglasses, $21.95, ICU Eyewear.

Up next: Portraying Maria von Trapp in a three-hour live version of The Sound of Music, airing this holiday season on NBC. "People are so crazy auto-tuned, and there's so much on TV that isn't wholesome. This seemed to be the best of all worlds."

Lengths she'll go to for good TV: "We have The Walking Dead nights on the tour bus. At one point in Pittsburgh we didn't get satellite reception, so we asked the driver if he could drive us around for an hour. I'm a fan. I'm just waiting for the offer. I could be a zombie."

pklongbeach

I love this picture. Classic!

I'm not with the majority on the cover shot though. It's not my favorite shot of Carrie. Carrie looks beautiful, but there is just something that's not connecting with me.

I kinda get what you are feeling.
But I just love that it is a very different Carrie.

Carrie has that goreous smile. It is her signature.

And this time she is going with something very different.
And I just like that about it.

I mean some of those shots are pretty high fashion for her. Not in keeping with her image at all.

I think thats why I love them.

(and yes, I love the one you highlighted probably the most!!)
Its like the quiet life of a superstar.....

nccountrygal

mcx-carrie-underwood-0613-8-lgn.jpg

The Carrie Diaries

Dress, $1,795, Michael Kors; chain-link bracelet, $3,850, Pomellato; triple-bangle bracelet, price upon request, Cartier; sunglasses, $21.95, ICU Eyewear.

Up next: Portraying Maria von Trapp in a three-hour live version of The Sound of Music, airing this holiday season on NBC. "People are so crazy auto-tuned, and there's so much on TV that isn't wholesome. This seemed to be the best of all worlds."

Lengths she'll go to for good TV: "We have The Walking Dead nights on the tour bus. At one point in Pittsburgh we didn't get satellite reception, so we asked the driver if he could drive us around for an hour. I'm a fan. I'm just waiting for the offer. I could be a zombie."

I actually like this shot better than the cover but I like the one with the cream color dress the best.

gwade82

When I feel like that I just clean my glasses twice.
I love this picture. Classic!

I'm not with the majority on the cover shot though. It's not my favorite shot of Carrie. Carrie looks beautiful, but there is just something that's not connecting with me.

supercarriefan

I kinda get what you are feeling.
But I just love that it is a very different Carrie.

Carrie has that goreous smile. It is her signature.

And this time she is going with something very different.
And I just like that about it.

I mean some of those shots are pretty high fashion for her. Not in keeping with her image at all.

I think thats why I love them.

(and yes, I love the one you highlighted probably the most!!)
Its like the quiet life of a superstar.....

I think it is the high fashion aspect of things that are getting to me with a few of these shots. The only shots I am not really feeling are the cover shoot and swimsuit shot. Something about her does not look natural to me. However, the rest of the shoot is amazing. I hope we get some outtakes from this one.

Smokyiiis

I bought this magazine this morning at the grocery store when I stopped to pick up a salad for lunch. I cannot WAIT to read it this evening!