Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

teesharky

I feel fairly certain that Carrie has been doing alot of writing in the quiet time between games, especially when Mike is on the road. That is a very good sign that we have a real chance at a lead single this Fall.

UMG is going to want to make a big splash. I hope it's a BIG DUET with a big name artist outside of country. The song would be Country of course- but mainstream enough to have wide appeal.

i want her to come out with a BANG and retake the throne as the rappers say. haha

thaifood

I feel fairly certain that Carrie has been doing alot of writing in the quiet time between games, especially when Mike is on the road. That is a very good sign that we have a real chance at a lead single this Fall.

UMG is going to want to make a big splash. I hope it's a BIG DUET with a big name artist outside of country. The song would be Country of course- but mainstream enough to have wide appeal.

i want her to come out with a BANG and retake the throne as the rappers say. haha

When did she ever abdicate the throne?

DaisyTweets

She's BIGGER than she's ever been, she doesn't need to retake any throne. Name me one other country artist that gets splashed all across the internet when they tweet or post something on instagram? There are very artists period that that happens with but it happens with Carrie!

And PLEASE no to a duet as a first single with her new label. This is about CARRIE kicking off a new season in her career. This is all her!!!!

lizcarlo

She's BIGGER than she's ever been, she doesn't need to retake any throne. Name me one other country artist that gets splashed all across the internet when they tweet or post something on instagram? There are very artists period that that happens with but it happens with Carrie!

And PLEASE no to a duet as a first single with her new label. This is about CARRIE kicking off a new season in her career. This is all her!!!!

I agree. I'd rather Carrie be solo as well. She is such super star. Cant wait till new Era kicks in and we see what all they have planned for her. I think she will slay international if she is promoted properly. She has done so well when she went over to other Countries for different stuff.

rcramer

Yes, Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful moms here at Carrie fans...... Lord knows our girl is one wonderful mother...

twaintrain

I am just ready to see a Carrie song #1 on the I-Tunes all genre chart. It's been a while and it's so awesome when you see an artist you love at the top. For that reason, I am hoping for a more mainstream lead single this time.

CarrieAddicted

Well, it doesn't matter if she's bigger than ever if the song doesn't appeal to the big public she has.
Carrie has (and has always had) a very divided fanbase, with fans from all genres of music.

With Storyteller, Sony failed big time to appeal to her public as whole (like it did up until GH#1), releasing 3 very Country singles and only 1 mainstream/Pop-leaning single. Worse, it introduced the era/album with likely the most country song of the album, completing alieniating her fanbase. That's the reason for the lackluster result of that era (with the exception of the tour).
And she was already very big at that time, we know that.

It's a marketing thing: you have to first and foremost know very well your target; you have to know whom you selling to. And Sony didn't do that with Storyteller.

Anyway, Carrie has everything in her favor: wide appeal and popularity. She's the most marketable country artist, per Nielsen.

However, she still needs to take a break from radio and TV music performance before releasing the first single. People have to miss her music.
The Fighter is doing very well on radio and is far from peaking, so no one is missing her now.
I say: first single only in 2018. Let people MISS her.

And as I said, it has to be mainstream/Pop-leaning to please her entire fanbase.

Well, it doesn't matter if she's bigger than ever if the song doesn't appeal to the big public she has.
Carrie has (and has always had) a very divided fanbase, with fans from all genres of music.

With Storyteller, Sony failed big time to appeal to her public as whole (like it did up until GH#1), releasing 3 very Country singles and only 1 mainstream/Pop-leaning single. Worse, it introduced the era/album with likely the most country song of the album, completing alieniating her fanbase. That's the reason for the lackluster result of that era (with the exception of the tour).
And she was already very big at that time, we know that.

It's a marketing thing: you have to first and foremost know very well your target; you have to know whom you selling to. And Sony didn't do that with Storyteller.

Anyway, Carrie has everything in her favor: wide appeal and popularity. She's the most marketable country artist, per Nielsen.

However, she still needs to take a break from radio and TV music performance before releasing the first single. People have to miss her music.
The Fighter is doing very well on radio and is far from peaking, so no one is missing her now.
I say: first single only in 2018. Let people MISS her.

And as I said, it has to be mainstream/Pop-leaning to please her entire fanbase.

How do you know if Smoke Break alienated the entire fan base?That's your opinion which is probably not even rooted in reality or facts which you have to have to back up your argument that you make in your post.Yes,I agree that Sony could've done much better promoting Storyteller,but trying to appeal to everyone in Carrie's fan base is next to impossible because you will never please anyone completely by just releasing pop/mainstream songs that may not appeal to everyone & then risk alienating the people that like her as a country singer may not want those pop elements in her music if they don't like pop music to begin with.We can talk about how much we want Carrie to do a"pop" song or do mainstream pop song,but we don't determine what direction that she wants to go musically with this next album & let her choose what sonic direction she goes in & see what amazing music results from that.Like the saying goes,"You can please people some of the time,but you can never please them all of the time." It's not up to us to say what appeals to people because we're the fans & sometimes we don't get to choose what the music sounds like.Let Carrie &UMG decide what the album will sound like & then we can base our "opinions" on that.Otherwise,it's pure speculation at this point on how things will go.I DO miss her,but I know she's busy with the hockey playoffs,taking care of Isaiah,
Calia & songwriting & commitments &
in between all of that,she has been keeping us posted about her daily life,so she's not completely gone from the public eye with her social media accounts.If she wants to go in a pop/mainstream leaning directions for her first single,that's fine.I can deal with that.If she wants to experiment with different sounds that could fit into the country genre,I will wholeheartedly support that because I will always love anything she puts out.You can try & to appeal to people all you want,but if you try to please everyone with a certain type of music,it will never turn out well & then you risk losing people who just love country music & no other music than that.I'm sure that UMG will be able to figure out how to market Carrie better & then figure out where to go once they figure out how that marketing piece will work out.Until then, we have no say on how any of this goes for her.You are clueless if you think that you know how to market Carrie to every segment of her large fan base & let the record label figure that out.Sorry to sound harsh,but your opinion just rubbed me the wrong way & I had to put my two cents in.

CarrieAddicted

How do you know if Smoke Break alienated the entire fan base?That's your opinion which is probably not even rooted in reality or facts which you have to have to back up your argument that you make in your post.Yes,I agree that Sony could've done much better promoting Storyteller,but trying to appeal to everyone in Carrie's fan base is next to impossible because you will never please anyone completely by just releasing pop/mainstream songs that may not appeal to everyone & then risk alienating the people that like her as a country singer may not want those pop elements in her music if they don't like pop music to begin with.We can talk about how much we want Carrie to do a"pop" song or do mainstream pop song,but we don't determine what direction that she wants to go musically with this next album & let her choose what sonic direction she goes in & see what amazing music results from that.Like the saying goes,"You can please people some of the time,but you can never please them all of the time." It's not up to us to say what appeals to people because we're the fans & sometimes we don't get to choose what the music sounds like.Let Carrie &UMG decide what the album will sound like & then we can base our "opinions" on that.Otherwise,it's pure speculation at this point on how things will go.I DO miss her,but I know she's busy with the hockey playoffs,taking care of Isaiah,
Calia & songwriting & commitments &
in between all of that,she has been keeping us posted about her daily life,so she's not completely gone from the public eye with her social media accounts.If she wants to go in a pop/mainstream leaning directions for her first single,that's fine.I can deal with that.If she wants to experiment with different sounds that could fit into the country genre,I will wholeheartedly support that because I will always love anything she puts out.You can try & to appeal to people all you want,but if you try to please everyone with a certain type of music,it will never turn out well & then you risk losing people who just love country music & no other music than that.I'm sure that UMG will be able to figure out how to market Carrie better & then figure out where to go once they figure out how that marketing piece will work out.Until then, we have no say on how any of this goes for her.You are clueless if you think that you know how to market Carrie to every segment of her large fan base & let the record label figure that out.Sorry to sound harsh,but your opinion just rubbed me the wrong way & I had to put my two cents in.

Of course one can say that Smoke Break alienated the Pop fans, just compare its streaming, sales and chart performance to the singles before it. The combo SmB, Heartbeat and DL is her lowest selling, charting and streaming combo of singles.
Can't you just see or picture that?

And don't try to blame it, like most people do, on the "climate of the industry", because you see other artists, including country ones, doing better than her with their songs.
And JUST before those singles, she was still selling and being streamed better, see SITW/something bad.
It WAS a matter of sound that caused it.

I didn't say she should do a Pop song, I said mainstream/Pop-LEANING, which would still be country and which is what she still does. But this time, release that kind of song as te lead.

And of course she can please "everyone", just look at Blown Away's numbers. Numbers don't lie, check the scoreboard.

Also, yes, we have no saying, but why can't we speculate? And who are you to determinate what we can or cannot say? Everyone here is allowed to express how they feel and what they THINK should work. That doesn't mean we are forcing anything on Carrie or the label. And that doesn't mean we will not support her if she takes a different direction from what we want. What the hell??? This is not the first time this happens here.

Of course one can say that Smoke Break alienated the Pop fans, just compare its streaming, sales and chart performance to the singles before it. The combo SmB, Heartbeat and DL is her lowest selling, charting and streaming combo of singles.
Can't you just see or picture that?

And don't try to blame it, like most people do, on the "climate of the industry", because you see other artists, including country ones, doing better than her with their songs.
And JUST before those singles, she was still selling and being streamed better, see SITW/something bad.
It WAS a matter of sound that caused it.

I didn't say she should do a Pop song, I said mainstream/Pop-LEANING, which would still be country and which is what she still does. But this time, release that kind of song as te lead.

And of course she can please "everyone", just look at Blown Away's numbers. Numbers don't lie, check the scoreboard.

Also, yes, we have no saying, but why can't we speculate? And who are you to determinate what we can or cannot say? Everyone here is allowed to express how they feel and what they THINK should work. That doesn't mean we are forcing anything on Carrie or the label. And that doesn't mean we will not support her if she takes a different direction from what we want. What the hell??? This is not the first time this happens here.

Of course I can't see that happening because I don't how those numbers looked or how they compared to her other songs.Those were not bad songs in and of themselves,the marketing around them probably could've been better,but since she was probably on her way out of her record deal with Sony,they didn't market it as heavily.Sorry that I said that she can't please everyone.I should probably check my facts before I go off spouting nonsense & I should probably check Blown Away's numbers before saying things I don't check.When it's late at night & you say things that you don't mean,things can come out meanly & harshly,& I deeply deeply apologize for the way that it came across.My family has been getting on me lately for the way that I say things & how they come across,so you're not the only one saying that.Sometimes,I just need to keep my mouth shut & let the facts speak for themselves šŸ¤.We can speculate and I'm sorry that I even said that.I love Carrie & I only want the best for her,so I will support her no matter what musical direction she decides to go in for CU6.

Triquetral

As someone who comes from the non-country side of her fanbase, I have to put my 2 cents in here because she and her team did alienate people like myself who are fans of Carrie Underwood. Even as someone who doesn't exactly like country music, what I loved about her is that she brings the feel, vibe, power and strength of country musics lyrics, over to the pop fans, and keeps both sides happy, hence why she has such an enormous fanbase because there is something we all love about her for our own reasons. Storyteller was my least favourite album because I did not feel there was anything on there for her pop fans, it was very country sounding. Of course there is a song or two that I can bare with and I love, but overall the album goes quite unplanned in my house and I continue to play her previous albums. That is not to say I want a full pop Carrie (I have always loathed for a rock-country Carrie album, not like Blown away or 'cheater' songs but that real rock groove to them). I would never want to see her going to a sound to purely desire success and I never think she will do that which I love about her, but yes, the Storyteller album did exclude her fans that are not purely pop. Case and point with the sound. The success of it is something entirely different, but you cannot argue against the sound of the album which is purely country.

teesharky

Storyteller is the best album by far in my opinion- and I am not a country purist by any means. I love rock and pop too and other genres. In fact Rick will always be my fav by far. But I grew to love country too and can honestly say ST is a brilliant album that is more rock country than twang country- and that suits me just fine. It is more Southern rock country than twangy. In fact it had R&B too in Heartbeat and Relapse at times. It's a brilliant album and deserved so much more love from award shows.