Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

tgbrinker

Random, but I saw a tiktok where someone showed how anyone can look up registrations on the US Trademark database.

I looked up Carrie and saw the expected, but then I looked up Carrie-Okie Holdings, hoping for a secret project lol. Nope. But it linked to Denim & Rhinestones.

What was interesting was the difference between Cry Pretty and D&R. They all had the same expected registrations (merch, music, touring) BUT, D&R also had this…

“IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: Cosmetics; fragrances; non-medicated skin care preparations; non-medicated soaps; perfumed soaps; lotions for the face, body and skin; body and beauty care cosmetics; beauty masks; hair care preparations; essential oils; sun care lotions; decorative transfers and skin jewels for cosmetic purposes”

Cry Pretty didn’t have that. Now maybe they registered for this just in case or maybe there’s plans for some kind of D&R branded perfume or something! It could just be the last line (“skin jewels for cosmetic purposes”) and they make you register for the whole category.

maddkat

Staff member
^ it might, still Dolly of 2022 is a shadow of her former self.
Her and Carrie singing together would just be odd as Carrie would have to cut back 90%

adam1995

^ it might, still Dolly of 2022 is a shadow of her former self.
Her and Carrie singing together would just be odd as Carrie would have to cut back 90%
We'll have to disagree on Dolly being a shadow of herself. In her prime she never would have reached Carrie's vocals anyway.

Zach1998

Just out of curiosity, do y’all think that Carrie owns her masters? I know she doesn’t own her old stuff with Sony, but am curious if she owns her stuff with Capitol now.

Usually if they do you can see the artists imprint beside the record label. (Miranda’s Vanner, Luke’s Row Crop, Jason’s Macon, all appear beside their respective labels) but Carrie’s just says Capitol. Do y’all think maybe she owns them, but hasn’t set up an imprint for them to be under yet?

carriefan14

^ I would like to think UMG threw in her owning her masters when she signed with them. Not for sure though. She obviously left on good terms w/ Sony....you haven't heard a peep from them!

carriefan14

Random, but I saw a tiktok where someone showed how anyone can look up registrations on the US Trademark database.

I looked up Carrie and saw the expected, but then I looked up Carrie-Okie Holdings, hoping for a secret project lol. Nope. But it linked to Denim & Rhinestones.

What was interesting was the difference between Cry Pretty and D&R. They all had the same expected registrations (merch, music, touring) BUT, D&R also had this…

“IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: Cosmetics; fragrances; non-medicated skin care preparations; non-medicated soaps; perfumed soaps; lotions for the face, body and skin; body and beauty care cosmetics; beauty masks; hair care preparations; essential oils; sun care lotions; decorative transfers and skin jewels for cosmetic purposes”

Cry Pretty didn’t have that. Now maybe they registered for this just in case or maybe there’s plans for some kind of D&R branded perfume or something! It could just be the last line (“skin jewels for cosmetic purposes”) and they make you register for the whole category.
Skin jewels makes me think of the GS cover art...

Momin

I know Dolly is basically country's queen but did she really have to name her greatest hits album almost the same as Carrie's? It was the only option? And the style it's the same, purple and silver!

^ Denim & Rhinestones is way catchier than diamonds & rhinestones

Please let's not make this a competition. The men have literally the same aesthetics, album titles, song titles, songwriters etc. And nobody pits them against each other the same way women are with each other. At this point, Dolly can do whatever she wants and I'm sure Carrie would have zero objections due to the high regard she holds Dolly in. No one artist's work/title is taking away from the other's. They both can have just as much as they want equally. Apart from the country music industry making changes to how they treat women, I think we should too.

FanSince04

I love Carrie so much. She’s been my favorite singer since seeing her on idol. But I just cannot make myself like this album. I’ve tried and I just don’t connect with it. I’m not sure why. I do like a few songs. She Don’t Know, Denim and Rhinestones, and Garden. It makes me sad 😢 I still support her. And I look forward to new videos she’ll put out and stuff. But I’m already ready for the next album.
You’re entitled to that opinion. I’m ready for her tour in less than a month 💎