Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Hil

I like how everyone is excited to move on, but all indications (no ACM appearance, no Idol appearance) on the Carrie front is she's not releasing anything else. :/ I feel like she would have booked something to promote a new song. Def could be wrong.

montdu39

I like how everyone is excited to move on, but all indications (no ACM appearance, no Idol appearance) on the Carrie front is she's not releasing anything else. :/ I feel like she would have booked something to promote a new song. Def could be wrong.
Honestly, I’m not even worried about that. She’s definitely got things coming down the pike…either the Cody duet, or OOTT, another song from D&R, or a brand new song maybe??

Hil

Honestly, I’m not even worried about that. She’s definitely got things coming down the pike…either the Cody duet, or OOTT, another song from D&R, or a brand new song maybe??
That was my point, if she were going to release OOTT, another song from D&R, or start a new project she would have sang on of those shows I mentioned. We do know the Cody duet is coming, but it does look like a deluxe it out of the question, and it's hard to tell when she'll put out another album. That's all I meant.

CU4ever

I absolutely agree. This era is over. Sadly. And three hit singles (CA, Burn, OOTT, arguably others too) never get to see the light of day

angeliccarrie

That was my point, if she were going to release OOTT, another song from D&R, or start a new project she would have sang on of those shows I mentioned. We do know the Cody duet is coming, but it does look like a deluxe it out of the question, and it's hard to tell when she'll put out another album. That's all I meant.
I feel the same way. I'm still really curious why she wasn't on Idol, especially since she missed last year"s finally. It's been eery quiet from Carrie except for a few Instagrams. I wonder what's going on.

CU4ever

Seems like this era is most likely officially over today as HMH is done on the charts.

So many missed opportunities and disappointing decisions. This era was barely over a year long, quiet, buzzless, etc. It’s just so weird. I kept waiting for it to heat up and it never did

Zach1998

Kind of think that timing overall could've helped improve the era.

Given the long chart runs, they should've hold out on the album release until closer to when the lead single peaked, and had the second single correlate to the release of the album. This would have helped prevent burning the extra 3-4 months from when the album dropped to when the lead single peaked.

I would've also timed the tour to where it didn't start until Q1 this year and had the second leg pick up in the fall. I probably would've also opted instead of having 18 vegas shows planned this year, into having 18 additional tour dates. I feel like all of this would have helped expand the era. Whereas, what we got felt very frontloaded, and after it happened went completely silent.

Her/her team have got to be better about single choices. If you want to go the route of not caring about radio, release something profound (Spinning Bottles, The Bullet, etc.) not the snoozefest of what they have opted with. Other than that, I just don't see why they wouldn't go with the songs that stand the best chance at moving the needle.

Had this era went

Crazy Angels
Burn
She Don't Know
Out of that Truck

I have to believe at least one would have been a #1 hit; if not more. With the rest probably being top 5 at minimum.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Kind of think that timing overall could've helped improve the era.

Given the long chart runs, they should've hold out on the album release until closer to when the lead single peaked, and had the second single correlate to the release of the album. This would have helped prevent burning the extra 3-4 months from when the album dropped to when the lead single peaked.

I would've also timed the tour to where it didn't start until Q1 this year and had the second leg pick up in the fall. I probably would've also opted instead of having 18 vegas shows planned this year, into having 18 additional tour dates. I feel like all of this would have helped expand the era. Whereas, what we got felt very frontloaded, and after it happened went completely silent.

Her/her team have got to be better about single choices. If you want to go the route of not caring about radio, release something profound (Spinning Bottles, The Bullet, etc.) not the snoozefest of what they have opted with. Other than that, I just don't see why they wouldn't go with the songs that stand the best chance at moving the needle.

Had this era went

Crazy Angels
Burn
She Don't Know
Out of that Truck

I have to believe at least one would have been a #1 hit; if not more. With the rest probably being top 5 at minimum.
All four of these singles would have been number one hits. It's like they tried to pick the absolute worst possible single choices. Even D&R would have probably gone top five as it is catchy and at worst, elevator music, but not boring. As you said, if they didn't care about radio, then release something personal. But the songs she did release don't strike me as not caring about radio, they strike me as boring and lacking catchy tunes.

I just can't get over how quiet this era was. Carrie seemed to only be around for the tour. Before and after it was just so quiet. I blame her team for that, I guess? I just don't know what happened. This will go down as a disaster era, when it had potential to do much better. She's not treated like she's Carrie freaking Underwood.

angeliccarrie

^ for me if there's anyone to blame for the quiet before and after the tour it's Carrie. She seems more then content to just garden and play a few shows in Vegas.
I guess she,"s semi-retired. I guess I'm not really surprised, just disappointed, but for my own selfish reasons. The problem is I don't like anyone else's music as much as Carrie's.

FanSince04

I guess she,"s semi-retired. I guess I'm not really surprised, just disappointed, but for my own selfish reasons. The problem is I don't like anyone else's music as much as Carrie's.
I was teasing about her being retired. She definitely is more family oriented at the moment. Vegas isn’t viewed the same way it was many years ago, top tier celebrities have residencies there. However, I do think this album cycle left much to be desired.

rcramer

Oh well bring on Cody and Carrie duet… looks like his song is not hitting the penthouse Either… Sad since he can sing circles around the chosen ones…..

But stI’ll wished other gems on the album would have had a shot at being released….

Eder Rodrigues

There's nothing else to be done. This album only had support from the most dedicated fans, overall it didn't please the general audience, it didn't connect. We can see this clearly in the low sales, the performance of the singles on the charts and radio, and the fact that the album didn't even receive any reviews from critics. This era was only worthwhile because of the tour, and even then, I think that was sacrificed by the residency, which took away from the shows that could have been happening across the country. Commercially, I don't see any reason to release another single.

adam1995

All four of these singles would have been number one hits. It's like they tried to pick the absolute worst possible single choices. Even D&R would have probably gone top five as it is catchy and at worst, elevator music, but not boring. As you said, if they didn't care about radio, then release something personal. But the songs she did release don't strike me as not caring about radio, they strike me as boring and lacking catchy tunes.

I just can't get over how quiet this era was. Carrie seemed to only be around for the tour. Before and after it was just so quiet. I blame her team for that, I guess? I just don't know what happened. This will go down as a disaster era, when it had potential to do much better. She's not treated like she's Carrie freaking Underwood.
I disagree. I think we're past the point of every Carrie single from an album reaching number one. Maybe, one or two could have eeked out a week, but all four wouldn't make it anymore.

Anyway, Carrie really doesn't seem bothered by any of this. She does seem very happy to be gardening and spending time with family. We can't get mad at her for that.

CU4ever

I disagree. I think we're past the point of every Carrie single from an album reaching number one. Maybe, one or two could have eeked out a week, but all four wouldn't make it anymore.

Anyway, Carrie really doesn't seem bothered by any of this. She does seem very happy to be gardening and spending time with family. We can't get mad at her for that.
Yeah, we are past the point where anything she releases goes to the top. Like when she released SITW, which tested horribly, because of her name, she was able to almost get a #1 (and would have got #1 if not for label shenanigans). So, yes, we are past the point where they take a song to #1 or close to it based on her name only. That’s why GS and HMH didn’t do well. I don’t think every song would go to #1 just because she’s Carrie, but with the right single choices, it’s possible. And these listed songs are songs that I think would legitimately connect and do well because of how good they are and be legitimate #1s. If she has songs that are really good and really connect, like I think those would, there’s no reason they wouldn’t go to the top. Of course, if they didn’t, then yes, I agree, they wouldn’t all go to #1. But I believe those singles would all do very well

Eder Rodrigues

Yeah, we are past the point where anything she releases goes to the top. Like when she released SITW, which tested horribly, because of her name, she was able to almost get a #1 (and would have got #1 if not for label shenanigans). So, yes, we are past the point where they take a song to #1 or close to it based on her name only. That’s why GS and HMH didn’t do well. I don’t think every song would go to #1 just because she’s Carrie, but with the right single choices, it’s possible. And these listed songs are songs that I think would legitimately connect and do well because of how good they are and be legitimate #1s. If she has songs that are really good and really connect, like I think those would, there’s no reason they wouldn’t go to the top. Of course, if they didn’t, then yes, I agree, they wouldn’t all go to #1. But I believe those singles would all do very well
With the exception of "Burn," all these songs have good numbers on streaming platforms simply because they were placed in large playlists at some point. Streaming numbers can be highly manipulable and do not always reflect reality. For example, "Out of That Truck" has largely performed well mainly due to that.