Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

adam1995

Maybe they're trying to test it through streaming first. If it becomes a good streamer they'll know it will succeed on radio later. A lot of songs that stream well get released to radio later. Seems like they may want to use a modern testing strategy rather than the outdated radio surveys.

montdu39

Maybe they're trying to test it through streaming first. If it becomes a good streamer they'll know it will succeed on radio later. A lot of songs that stream well get released to radio later. Seems like they may want to use a modern testing strategy rather than the outdated radio surveys.
I hope you’re right! Maybe they’re realizing they have to update their strategy!

CU4ever

I really hope you are right as this does make a lot of sense. If it continues to stream well, radio might even play it themselves first

CU4ever

I agree. But why not announce the plans? I can't figure out what the benefit of holding out on an announcement would be...
She did take a little while after releasing GS to announce the era as opposed to the eras she announced single and album at the same time, so maybe it’s a UMG thing. Perhaps she’s waiting for the tour to end? If nothing more I can’t see all this promo for just one song that isn’t a single lol. Maybe UMG is trying to push this as a future single

Hil

I agree. But why not announce the plans? I can't figure out what the benefit of holding out on an announcement would be...
Yea, i"m confused, but why do all of this for a song that's not linked to an album AND not a single? Does it make sense to anyone else? I'm totally willing to listen to thoughts on this. She's also still using D&R artwork. I can't imagine it's not a deluxe edition. It's just confusing if it's not,...well, at least to me lol

CU4ever

Yea, i"m confused, but why do all of this for a song that's not linked to an album AND not a single? Does it make sense to anyone else? I'm totally willing to listen to thoughts on this. She's also still using D&R artwork. I can't imagine it's not a deluxe edition. It's just confusing if it's not,...well, at least to me lol
If not an album they have to be doing this for at least a single or something. Stretchy pants never got a billboard lol. If this was all some great push for the next single that would be great

PRGuy79

The thing that is most odd to me is that for the casual listener, if they stumble across Out of This Truck via all the promotion, there is nothing on the streaming services that connects it to Denim & Rhinestones. So, I guess they are just assuming that if someone likes it, they will be more likely to listen to her current album? Without context, it just seems like a missed opportunity.

CU4ever

This is just so odd. Scrolling through tiktok and I get an ad for OOTT. Never saw one for HMH or D&R… all this for one single? If nothing more this all should lead to OOTT doing well… but it’s not a single? Even weirder is we all asked for this type of promo & push for a song for months and now it happens with a random song29BFBFB5-7ACA-476E-82C7-6AC6A3066F87.jpeg

countrymusicfan15

Did you guys see we have new registered co-writes?! Typo over at Pulse posted them yesterday.
Posting them here because as of now, it seems the speculation is D&R Deluxe.

“Damage” - Carrie, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey
“Matter of Wine” - Carrie, Brett James, Troy Verges
“Miss You When I’m Sober” - Carrie, Brett James, Troy Verges