Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Carrie_Hannah

I literally cannot stop listening to this one. I love it so, so much. I am serious when I say this is one of the catchiest songs I have ever heard! It's undeniably modern and country and just so much fun! It's an absolute summer jam and needs to go to radio now. I truly think this would connect/test very well on radio, stream well, and be a genuine number one hit that connects with everyone who listens to radio. Simply put, it would fit perfectly on radio and I think its a #1 waiting to happen.

#pullHMH lol
You’re absolutely right! #pullHMH 😂😂

Hil

But in the interview she posted her hair is different when she's talking about the song as to when she's recording. And when she mentions OOTT, it sounds like she has been talking about other things. IDk, I feel like there's more to it than just this one song. Everything from the word Pre-release, to the entire rollout with the lyric video, and video of her making the song. And that could be wishful thinking on my part.

Zach1998

I’ve seen a lot of comments from the gp on social media saying this feels like a “return to form” for her. A lot of fans felt like she lost herself in a way on D&R, so seeing many call this a “return to form” makes me thrilled and makes me think it would be well embraced if she made it a single.

Its playlisting is much better than HMH’s as well. The more I’m listening the more I want them to pull HMH and send this out asap.

rcramer

I’ve seen a lot of comments from the gp on social media saying this feels like a “return to form” for her. A lot of fans felt like she lost herself in a way on D&R, so seeing many call this a “return to form” makes me thrilled and makes me think it would be well embraced if she made it a single.

Its playlisting is much better than HMH’s as well. The more I’m listening the more I want them to pull HMH and send this out asap.
I have to agree pull HMH. I was surprised they selected it for second single….

from what I read this seems to Be doing well.

HuiZ

Nothing bad about the lead single, it was Radio that chose not to play it.... The song did reach number# 6 on the charts..

I would agree on lack of Promo, but not the song itself... Ghost Story IMO was a great song..... What bothers me on radio is why does everything have to be radio friendly... A good song is a good song...
We would have to agree to disagree.

Songs on radio of course needs to be "radio-friendly" to cater to the mass. Radio is not someone's personal playlist. That's what Spotify etc are for.
The issue with Ghost Story as lead single was that it didn't sell well and also didn't move many album units. That to me, is the definition of a bad lead single.

I personally never liked Ghost Story from the first listen. Even the video was so badly done. One of her worst songs ever IMO. It's the track that I consistently skip on the album.
HMH is ok but it feels like something we have heard before from Carrie. Nothing new.

Hil

Someone on twitter said Carrie was in the studio for a week in January. How many songs can you record in a week? Of course, she could have been there more than that and we don't know, but just going by what I saw. Also, she could use some of the songs she's previously recorded for D&R as well.

Zach1998

We have to remember she is on tour. So I doubt she has spent time writing for anything new. I have to believe she had some leftovers writing for D&R and are going to put out a deluxe edition of the album. That’s what she needs to do imo.

Hil

On the other hand this could just be a one-time thing and special gift from Carrie for her birthday. I'm assuming that's the case, then if we get more songs, an EP, deluxe edition, or whatever then that will be a nice surprise.
I could get on board with that idea, but her changing all of her social media just seems a bit odd. What is the promotion for? I'm not sure if my point makes sense or not. ha ha!! It feels if it were just a one off single she would have just given us the song (like stretchy pants) instead of promoting it on playlists, and there was a pandora ad in times square. IDk, maybe that's what artists do these days, but she's still on tour for D&R, with another song on the radio, and it does nothing to help either.

Also the streaming for OOTT seems good.

Last edited:

liz278

Didn't know where to ask, but Melissa is heading to LA. Is there something special happening in the Carrie world we know about?

CU4ever

Absolutely. I can tell immediately that this song would be very radio friendly and liked by everyone; so not just her die-hard fans/fanbase. And that makes me so happy...seeing Carrie have a song being really well received by everyone.

I'm just so upset because I feel like they won't release this as a single and it has SO much potential to sell/stream well and be a hit on radio:confused:. It feels like the gp didn't like a lot of her recent stuff, but it seems like they're definitely liking this. This has the potential to be Carrie's biggest solo hit since the Storyteller era and reach the successes that those very radio friendly/gp well-received singles did.

Last edited:

CU4ever

OOTT got a billboard. This is definitely something more than just one single. Stretchy Pants didn't get one. It's frustrating though as if this truly is for deluxe, they could have gotten it a clear channel deal if HMH wasn't on the chart. #pullHMH lol

countrymusicfan15

Idk after she sang HMH tonight, she made a point to say “that’s my current single out right now.” But at the same time she never mentioned her 40th bday being the day before either so maybe she had to keep to her tour script lol