Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Momin

I think overall this era has been very lackluster in many ways, not because of the song quality but just overall has been a low impact era (aside from the tour itself which has been super successful and impactful). And I think no one, including Carrie and her label, expected that. It seems like they thought this would be a very successful album cycle. Maybe that's why they want to pivot to add excitement and some energy into Carrie's presence. We as fans are very up close to her so might not have a broader perspective but I do feel like Carrie has been a little lost in country music a bit (and I know many will disagree with this) - given how most of the headlines and attention is on newer artists like Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Hardy Lainey Wilson etc.

monkeyboy16

I think overall this era has been very lackluster in many ways, not because of the song quality but just overall has been a low impact era (aside from the tour itself which has been super successful and impactful). And I think no one, including Carrie and her label, expected that. It seems like they thought this would be a very successful album cycle. Maybe that's why they want to pivot to add excitement and some energy into Carrie's presence. We as fans are very up close to her so might not have a broader perspective but I do feel like Carrie has been a little lost in country music a bit (and I know many will disagree with this) - given how most of the headlines and attention is on newer artists like Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Hardy Lainey Wilson etc.
I agree 100%! The era didn’t really do much to excel her in country music, and yes, I know she’s already an icon. However, there are other artists newer, like Lainey, Hardy, Morgan, and older like Miranda and Kelsea that are getting some major attention and spotlight to where it feels like Carrie is being left behind

HuiZ

The lack of promo, bad lead single kinda killed the momentum this era.

This era was supposed to bring freshness, as Carrie was getting predictable after so many years. But who's going to know much about this album when the single, video, promo, image didn't do much to attract the public to check it out?

rcramer

The lack of promo, bad lead single kinda killed the momentum this era.

This era was supposed to bring freshness, as Carrie was getting predictable after so many years. But who's going to know much about this album when the single, video, promo, image didn't do much to attract the public to check it out?
Nothing bad about the lead single, it was Radio that chose not to play it.... The song did reach number# 6 on the charts..

I would agree on lack of Promo, but not the song itself... Ghost Story IMO was a great song..... What bothers me on radio is why does everything have to be radio friendly... A good song is a good song...

adam1995

This is a good song. If this catches on and proves to be more popular than HMH, I wouldn't mind them moving to this. I obviously don't know what will happen yet, but I wouldn't complain if that's the strategy.

I do agree though, if this existed around the same time as GS, they should have released this as the first single.

rcramer

^^^ I can agree with that on GS vs this one.... As with others on the CD... but Radio (same female treatment) is the sole reason why GS did not go further....

Carrie_Hannah

I love OOTT! It seems fresh and is super catchy.
I know there’s a lot of love for GS going on on this thread but to be honest here, in my opinion, it wasn’t the right choice for a lead single for THIS album. Compared to a lot of the other songs, it doesn’t compete with the style and feel that D&R brings. And saying it is radio friendly is not true. Is it a good song, yes, of course! However, this isn’t what the typical country music listener wants to hear. (I don’t feel like any of us are typical country music listeners btw).. we have a more advanced palette than that 😜. Just look at the music that is popular right now… Morgan, Lainey, Luke, Hardy…. Carrie’s music isn’t like theirs and that’s what the audience is loving right now.

But OOTT is jjuuusssttt country enough to soar on the charts. Carrie has made a name for herself in all music but country is still the base. You won’t hear her music on rock stations or pop stations even though she has a lot of music that could be played there. I think it would be a smart decision to pivot to this song from HMH… and yes, HMH is country but honestly, it’s just not a strong song. I personally don’t care for it at all. It’s right above “Songs Like This” in the bottom of my list of Carrie songs, and that says a lot because I don’t have many.
I am hoping this is a notion to get Carrie back on the radio REGULARLY which ultimately will help her career, even though she is already so established. I have heard so many people around me tell me that they can’t relate to her music… and this song is a relatable song. Catchy, still Carrie, but also country simplistic which is one thing people like.

rcramer

I love OOTT! It seems fresh and is super catchy.
I know there’s a lot of love for GS going on on this thread but to be honest here, in my opinion, it wasn’t the right choice for a lead single for THIS album. Compared to a lot of the other songs, it doesn’t compete with the style and feel that D&R brings. And saying it is radio friendly is not true. Is it a good song, yes, of course! However, this isn’t what the typical country music listener wants to hear. (I don’t feel like any of us are typical country music listeners btw).. we have a more advanced palette than that 😜. Just look at the music that is popular right now… Morgan, Lainey, Luke, Hardy…. Carrie’s music isn’t like theirs and that’s what the audience is loving right now.

But OOTT is jjuuusssttt country enough to soar on the charts. Carrie has made a name for herself in all music but country is still the base. You won’t hear her music on rock stations or pop stations even though she has a lot of music that could be played there. I think it would be a smart decision to pivot to this song from HMH… and yes, HMH is country but honestly, it’s just not a strong song. I personally don’t care for it at all. It’s right above “Songs Like This” in the bottom of my list of Carrie songs, and that says a lot because I don’t have many.
I am hoping this is a notion to get Carrie back on the radio REGULARLY which ultimately will help her career, even though she is already so established. I have heard so many people around me tell me that they can’t relate to her music… and this song is a relatable song. Catchy, still Carrie, but also country simplistic which is one thing people like.
That has to do with the current state of listeners that is for sure.... And IMO her music is much better on all levels..... Sad that I have to turn off my radio when Hardy, Combs and Wallen come on..... But it is what it is...... I like Lainey, fresh change to traditional country, which I was never a big fan of..

I'll take the older better male and females singers back when to what is being played today.... some of the new females, I can get behind since some of them have great songs and great songwriters... Hope they do great in the business since Radio is not so friendly to the ladies...

Carrie_Hannah

That has to do with the current state of listeners that is for sure.... And IMO her music is much better on all levels..... Sad that I have to turn off my radio when Hardy, Combs and Wallen come on..... But it is what it is...... I like Lainey, fresh change to traditional country, which I was never a big fan of..

I'll take the older better male and females singers back when to what is being played today.... some of the new females, I can get behind since some of them have great songs and great songwriters... Hope they do great in the business since Radio is not so friendly to the ladies...
I agree 100%. I don’t have the typical country music taste that most have either and often change the station. I like Lainey as an artists but I can’t stand most of her songs. I would much rather listen to the older people also. More relatable and listenable in my opinion also!

abbeyjones18

My prediction: it's an EP. I mean, economically that would make the most sense, imo. Think about it: you're not making fans buy the album again. You can also have 2 to 3 new songs w/ a few acoustic tracks from the regular album. Also, the EP that she did for Apple Music seemed really well received last year...no reason why she can't do another one. I also think that it's important to give something to all streaming services, so all fans can enjoy this time around. Also, I think that's an EP wouldn't take a long time to produce. That's why I don't think the double album theory was never right. If it was a double album, it would've been released as one last year, imo. 🙂

Hil

IDK, I'm torn as to what I think it is. She took everything down from D&R, but is using it's artwork. If she had different artwork I may think it's something completely different. It feels like a deluxe to me. It's hard to imagine she'd remove everything if it's just this one song, especially in the middle of a tour promoting the album.

carriefan14

Carrie has been doing a lot of “moving on from the relationship but not moving on” songs. “Ghost Story”, “Hate My Heart”, and now “Out of That Truck” are all kinda in the same territory…but her voice sounds suited for these kinds of songs.

CU4ever

For what it's worth "Hate My Heart" was removed from Apple Music's main country playlist and OOTT was put in. HMH is still in Spotify's main playlist. I'm torn between wanting to pivot to something else or keep pressing on with HMH. I think it's clear that HMH isn't going to be a very high impact single and best case scenario makes a run for the top 10, but still doesn't stream/sell that well. Also torn because I don't want Carrie to have her first song that doesn't go top 10/20 on radio, but I guess that shouldn't matter as much to me as it does.
I agree. I *do* believe HMH can and will make like, #10, as we are about to have that big clean out, but we are going to have to wait like 3/4 more months for that. Whereas OOTT is a BIG hit waiting to happen…now. Will it still do well after HMH? Maybe?

CU4ever

IDK, I'm torn as to what I think it is. She took everything down from D&R, but is using it's artwork. If she had different artwork I may think it's something completely different. It feels like a deluxe to me. It's hard to imagine she'd remove everything if it's just this one song, especially in the middle of a tour promoting the album.
I just don’t think she’d change her whole profile for one single imo. Right now it comes off as really good promo for whatever, too…

Carrie_Hannah

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a delux album. I just don’t think one or two songs will make a huge difference in sales. I think it would only be people like us that go out and buy the album all over again for a couple of songs to be added. Most people will listen to it on Spotify or YouTube or something if they like it. I could be wrong though. I’m not an expert on what delux albums do for sales.

It honestly makes me think of a stand along single. Maybe not even a radio single but just one she releases as it’s own thing. I don’t know how familiar any of you have been with The Jonas Brothers latest work but on their last album they released like two songs which both did well but then came out with a couple of other songs that were never included on an album, just kind of put out there for people to enjoy. They were played minimally on the radio but got a lot of traction online. I feel like this is the route her label is going with this song. Just kind of a “here’s you something else to enjoy” type of thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hil

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a delux album. I just don’t think one or two songs will make a huge difference in sales. I think it would only be people like us that go out and buy the album all over again for a couple of songs to be added. Most people will listen to it on Spotify or YouTube or something if they like it. I could be wrong though. I’m not an expert on what delux albums do for sales.

It honestly makes me think of a stand along single. Maybe not even a radio single but just one she releases as it’s own thing. I don’t know how familiar any of you have been with The Jonas Brothers latest work but on their last album they released like two songs which both did well but then came out with a couple of other songs that were never included on an album, just kind of put out there for people to enjoy. They were played minimally on the radio but got a lot of traction online. I feel like this is the route her label is going with this song. Just kind of a “here’s you something else to enjoy” type of thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yea, I guess it could be anything. Just grateful for anything she gives us. I guess I was surprised by the timing if it's not a deluxe, but maybe it's just a fun song she's giving us.

CU4ever

I literally cannot stop listening to this one. I love it so, so much. I am serious when I say this is one of the catchiest songs I have ever heard! It's undeniably modern and country and just so much fun! It's an absolute summer jam and needs to go to radio now. I truly think this would connect/test very well on radio, stream well, and be a genuine number one hit that connects with everyone who listens to radio. Simply put, it would fit perfectly on radio and I think its a #1 waiting to happen.

#pullHMH lol