Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

LilUnderwood

I love it already!! I’m so excited! Can’t wait for the whole thing tomorrow! And fingers crossed for an album release date announcement tomorrow too!!

The Nanook

I don't get the sense that they're going to release the music video tomorrow if they're using lyric video footage in the audio snippet. Which makes it seem they're not gunning for a big Country Hot 100 debut with first week sales + streaming + radio, which I would have expected.

oldyfan

New sound? Old sound?
Who cares it’s Carrie with new music. That voice that can sing a phone book. So ready for wherever this song leads! I’m with Carrie, always a fan.

Jane-Alex

Don’t artists release music video on the same day these days? Some even drop the whole album with new single. Or its just a few artists? I admit I don’t follow it much so I’m not sure.

The Nanook

Don’t artists release music video on the same day these days? Some even drop the whole album with new single. Or its just a few artists? I admit I don’t follow it much so I’m not sure.
I think to try to maximize impact on the first week since streaming is such a big factor now, yeah I think artists usually do. Which is why I would expect the same from Carrie. But they probably would have teased footage from the MV if that were the case and I think all the footage we've seen so far of Ghost Story is just a lyric video.

Jane-Alex

I think to try to maximize impact on the first week since streaming is such a big factor now, yeah I think artists usually do. Which is why I would expect the same from Carrie. But they probably would have teased footage from the MV if that were the case and I think all the footage we've seen so far of Ghost Story is just a lyric video.
Thanks for explanation. Its interesting, I wonder why they did choose to release only lyrics video (assuming its just lyrics video), I would think they want good streaming numbers...I think it was the same with Cry Pretty, first lyrics video, then later music video...

Kenny_Chisholm

So what do you think?
Catchy song for sure. However, the intrigue of the song title unfortunately did not translate in the actual lyrics. I think the intent here is to land a radio hit and this song has a great chance of doing just that. I am curious as to the direction she is taking with this album having 'Ghost Story' serve as the lead single.

Last edited:

jaks_weyn

Yay for new Carrie music! The lyrics is almost similar to YWFT... like she's telling the man "you'll regret that you left me"..

Production is strong... it has a pop-leaning sound... there's no big note (if anyone is looking for one)...

Last edited:

heymc

Finally got to hear the full version.

Mid tempo, quite alot of production, less emotional than CP, TBC 2.0

Ghost story is definitely country just that it is mixed with some pop elements. A decent lead single.

Written by David, Hillary and Josh

👻👻👻

Last edited: