Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMA Fest Performers Announced: No Carrie Underwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheltonLover

gosh why does everything have to turn into everyone vs CArrie? Its getting out of hand!! I mean really do you guys think everyone is against Carrie?? forgive people for having a carrer over Carrie!! I like Carrie but gosh not everyone is against her or trying to out do her!!

knewman19

I am not blaming Miranda. I like Miranda. I also LOVE Brad Paisley. But I just hate the label for screwing over Carrie to promote Miranda and Brad for EOTY, when Carrie clearly deserved it at the CMAS and ACMS. Otherwise, I am fine with all Miranda's nominations because Revolution is a great album.

Tee that is my point! be mad at the label just not at other artists and that post wasn't pointed at you it was in general to everybody who blame other artists.

teesharky

I really don't see anything wrong with what Miranda said..... What does everyone expect her to say? "I'm not going to try expanding my fanbase and will vow to forever stay in the shadows of Carrie Underwood"? :confused:

I'm not a big fan of Miranda's music at all (maybe like 2-3 songs from her), but for me, it's still sad to see her slowly becoming Taylor Swift no.2 around here lately... sorry, jmo.

I think Miranda deserved all her nominations except for EOTY, and maybe 2 slots in each category was a little over the top. lol She is SOO much better then Taylor, so I would never trash her. I am just annoyed to heck right now about everything and everyone who screwed Carrie out of her EOTY noms. But I will get over it eventually. lol Just not for awhile. I will never view her label or these award shows the same way.

But I think I have figured out what happened, and I blame the label, not Miranda. The label made a decision to back Brad for EOTY at the CMAS, so they screwed Carrie to help Brad as Carrie posed a bigger threat to win then Miranda. Same thing for the ACMS, since they know our fanbase would kick everyone's butt for the fanvote. I think they nominated Miranda to promote her career, seeing she is not a serious threat to win EOTY as no one will vote for her in the final round of voting.

The ACM rules that cary posted clearly stated that in Round 2 of the voting, each person can only vote for 2 people per category. That means, the label had to make a choice. They could only pick 2 people from the label, not 3, so someone had to lose out. They want Brad to win, not Carrie or Miranda. But they know Mirnada's fanbase is not big enough to really pose a major threat, so they took Carrie out of the equation to help give Brad a chance to win his first ever EOTY nomination.

It sucks for Carrie as she was caught in the crossfire here. She is too good, so they are threatened by her as they feel she will beat Brad again like she did the last 2 years at the ACMS for EOTY, in the fan vote. They feared our fanbase as we vote like crazy. So they eliminated the threat to Brad winning--- Carrie. Now, in the final round of voting, they can only vote for one person, and it will be Brad, not Miranda.

But I still think Taylor will win anyway.

I am not mad at either Brad or Miranda, honestly. But I despise the label for doing this to Carrie. They are cheating in a weird way, to achieve the result they desire.

HuiZ

I think Miranda deserved all her nominations except for EOTY, and maybe 2 slots in each category was a little over the top. lol She is SOO much better then Taylor, so I would never trash her. I am just annoyed to heck right now about everything and everyone who screwed Carrie out of her EOTY noms. But I will get over it eventually. lol Just not for awhile. I will never view her label or these award shows the same way.

But I think I have figured out what happened, and I blame the label, not Miranda. The label made a decision to back Brad for EOTY at the CMAS, so they screwed Carrie to help Brad as Carrie posed a bigger threat to win then Miranda. Same thing for the ACMS, since they know our fanbase would kick everyone's butt for the fanvote. I think they nominated Miranda to promote her career, seeing she is not a serious threat to win EOTY as no one will vote for her in the final round of voting.

The ACM rules that cary posted clearly stated that in Round 2 of the voting, each person can only vote for 2 people per category. That means, the label had to make a choice. They could only pick 2 people from the label, not 3, so someone had to lose out. They want Brad to win, not Carrie or Miranda. But they know Mirnada's fanbase is not big enough to really pose a major threat, so they took Carrie out of the equation to help give Brad a chance to win his first ever EOTY nomination.

It sucks for Carrie as she was caught in the crossfire here. She is too good, so they are threatened by her as they feel she will beat Brad again like she did the last 2 years at the ACMS for EOTY, in the fan vote. They feared our fanbase as we vote like crazy. So they eliminated the threat to Brad winning--- Carrie. Now, in the final round of voting, they can only vote for one person, and it will be Brad, not Miranda.

But I still think Taylor will win anyway.

I am not mad at either Brad or Miranda, honestly. But I despise the label for doing this to Carrie. They are cheating in a weird way, to achieve the result they desire.
Not sure why you quoted my post, but I didn't think you were bashing Miranda or anything. I know you like her album :) .... plus the "label drama" has been keeping you occupied more than anything lol :p

m.chill99

I better see her in the 2nd round of performers or else the people who run CMA fest are gonna have a problem with me.

abbeyjones18

Really, for me, I will not be upset at all if Carrie performs or not...maybe she has plans? maybe she doesn't? WHO KNOWS...

robinannhunt

I really don't care if Carrie performs. I don't care if SWSRN or Maranda performs either. I don't care about award shows in general.

bigbluegrl23

so other fans are aloud to call carrie every name under the sun but we arent aloud to be upset? good to know.
becca T

bigbluegrl23

SWSRN can't carry a tune and writes songs about boys and she's not country she's pop I just think it stinks how they favor her and hand her everything on a silver platter. When it's the real talent like Carrie, Miranda and even Kellie P who has always been over looked that deserve all the attention!!!!!

miranda getting EOTY is having everything handed to her on a silver platter... and yet, im prob gonna get yelled at for bashing her, even tho its not close.
becca T

tcnole1

I hope Carrie performs this year at CMa Fest, but in my planning for the week, I am going to assume that Carrie will not be performing. 2 years ago when she did not have an album to promote and was not on a full blown tour, she did not perform, so I think she will continue with this pattern...

DaisyTweets

Don't mind them. At the end of the day they have to have someone to hate. SWSRN is sooooo 2009. Hell, I guess if someone like Kellie Pickler or Sunny Sweeney had a breakout year and receives this kind of acceptance by the academy they'll hate on them too.

Welcome back! Guess you just couldn't stay away huh?

Someone at Pulse told me it's someone close to Blake/Miranda's camp.

And why should we believe this?
But hey thanks for sharing! Guess I'll just make up my own mind about it.

12russ79

The west coast equivilant to the CMA fanfest is the STAGECOACH festival! Like i posted earlier CARRIE IS HEADLNING this festival!!!! So im sure she will be performing at the CMA fest also!!
But the important thing is SHE IS WORKING ON THE NEW ALBUM!!!

jptexas

I hope Carrie doesn't perform. If she's being left out at the CMAs or ACMs by her label, then why not go all out. I'll wait till the next album. In the meantime,
I'm halfway on the "eating my hat" promise I made a while back if "Quitter" wasn't a single. Although, imo, if she had release another song, that would be it. I think
half the hat is just about right. So far, the felt and a little salsa ain't too bad.

teesharky

Not sure why you quoted my post, but I didn't think you were bashing Miranda or anything. I know you like her album :) .... plus the "label drama" has been keeping you occupied more than anything lol :p

sorry. lol I am starting to lose it I think. All these conspiracy theories are alot to digest at once. lol

teesharky

I hope Carrie performs this year at CMa Fest, but in my planning for the week, I am going to assume that Carrie will not be performing. 2 years ago when she did not have an album to promote and was not on a full blown tour, she did not perform, so I think she will continue with this pattern...

That's what I think too. But you never know. SWSRN's team had her tape that secret new single performance of Mine, to be aired on the ABC televised event when the single was out, to promote it. I have to give her team props for that strategy. I hope Carrie's team does something like that, because being on the ABC special in the Fall is killer promotion for the new album, even if the album isn't released till later. She could perform the lead single at this secret taped performance.

carriefan06

i thini can see why everybody is upset because carrie is not performing at the cmy feast which carrie has been performing for a couple of years

Carrie Country

miranda getting EOTY is having everything handed to her on a silver platter... and yet, im prob gonna get yelled at for bashing her, even tho its not close.
becca T

Oh no Miranda DID! earn it the right way she unlike SWSRN can sing and writes good music that people other than little kids and teenage girls likes. So it's Taylor that gets everything handed to her on a silver platter!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.