Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMA Fest Performers Announced: No Carrie Underwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrie Country

That's what I think too. But you never know. SWSRN's team had her tape that secret new single performance of Mine, to be aired on the ABC televised event when the single was out, to promote it. I have to give her team props for that strategy. I hope Carrie's team does something like that, because being on the ABC special in the Fall is killer promotion for the new album, even if the album isn't released till later. She could perform the lead single at this secret taped performance.

Yeah SWSRN taping a special performance last year when she wasn't even supposed to be there that's exactly how she cheats the system to get ahead!!!!

teesharky

^ I think SWSRN's Marketing team should teach a class at Harvard. They managed to make gold out of mud. (vocally) lol

AIgrl06

Oh no Miranda DID! earn it the right way she unlike SWSRN can sing and writes good music that people other than little kids and teenage girls likes. So it's Taylor that gets everything handed to her on a silver platter!!!!

I thought that Entertainer of the Year was about touring? No?

Anyway, why is everyone getting upset in this thread? Miranda's dog confirmed that Carrie will be at CMA Fest. Exciting! :D

Carrie Country

Anyway, why is everyone getting upset in this thread? Miranda's dog confirmed that Carrie will be at CMA Fest. Exciting! :D

Yeah and Miranda toured as a headliner in 2010 she earned the EOTY nomination.......just as our sweet Carrie did.....it should have been BOTH!!! of them up there!!!!

legallyblonde529

Can someone please tell me, since I don't want to read through all the whining about Miranda, how people know or don't know Carrie is performing. These are just the first 12 announced. There are still more to be announced. I can't see Taylor Swift not performing either, so clearly they aren't done.

DaisyTweets

Yeah and Miranda toured as a headliner in 2010 she earned the EOTY nomination.......just as our sweet Carrie did.....it should have been BOTH!!! of them up there!!!!

You count how many tour stops Carrie had and the number of people who attended and then you count the tour stops of Miranda and how many people attended and if they're equal than we'll talk about them both earning.

There's no way that they will come out equal no matter how you slice it! Sorry Miranda didn't any nomination for EOTY! IMO!

CALEBJOE

I really don't see anything wrong with what Miranda said..... What does everyone expect her to say? "I'm not going to try expanding my fanbase and will vow to forever stay in the shadows of Carrie Underwood"? :confused:

I'm not a big fan of Miranda's music at all (maybe like 2-3 songs from her), but for me, it's still sad to see her slowly becoming Taylor Swift no.2 around here lately... sorry, jmo.
Well one thing Miranda won't do is a gimmick with T-Pain like SWSRN did i am still having nightmares and waking up in a cold sweat oh that wretched noise when will it ever stop:faint:

allirishgirl

i made it to page 3 & couldnt take any more of this thread!
hopefully Carrie will be added to the line up at a later date......im not gonna stress about something that isnt happening for months
:)

DaisyTweets

If Miranda had TWO!!! headlining tours it still wouldn't be good enough for Carrie fans because you all just plain don't like anybody who's not Carrie!!!

It has nothing to do with not liking another artist, it has EVERYTHING to do with the resumes of the artists. Basically it boils down to the fact that no other artist has the resume that Carrie had last year. Its all about the numbers and the stats! Its just that simple.

Carrie Country

I really don't see anything wrong with what Miranda said..... What does everyone expect her to say? "I'm not going to try expanding my fanbase and will vow to forever stay in the shadows of Carrie Underwood"? :confused:

I'm not a big fan of Miranda's music at all (maybe like 2-3 songs from her), but for me, it's still sad to see her slowly becoming Taylor Swift no.2 around here lately... sorry, jmo.

I agree seeing Miranda becoming another target of the Carrie fans is pathetic.........after all Miranda is country has more talent and is a better singer than SWSRN who is pop.......Carrie is the greatest of all but when we start putting her above the entire country music industry.......saying nobody deserevs certain awards but Carrie......that is bad......it makes us as a fan base look pathetic!!!!(!)

slowtherush

It is, but it's not limited to just touring. The criteria for the ACM EOTY category is

"This award is presented to the individual, duo or group who showed the most overall success in the country music industry during the prior calendar year of January 1st to December 31st, The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, sales of pre‐recorded music, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry"

I'm not a hardcore Miranda fan. But, she is probably my second favorite artist. I would like to shed a little more light onto her success. Many of you think the CMT Revolution tour was her first headline tour. Earlier in 2010 she started her first headlining tour known as the Roadside Bars & Pink Guitars Tour. Once that tour wrapped, she was one of the first acts booked for the 2010 Lilith Fair along with Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland. Then CMT partnered with Miranda for the Revolution tour that kicked off late September. I agree even with all of this touring it doesn't hold a candle to the Play On Tour, but Miranda was indeed really busy during her breakout year of 2010.

But look at it in a different way. She went from an opening act with limited radio sucess, to much like Jason Aldean took a big risk of starting a small headlining tour. They both proved they could do it. I don't think Miranda has what it takes just now to headline a major tour. But in due time she will be right up there with Carrie and Taylor.

As for Sony choosing Miranda over Carrie when it came to the ACMs, I don't know if there's any truth in that. But if you look at the female division of country music we pretty much only have Taylor (who is pop), and Carrie as the major acts. If they did choose Miranda over Carrie, I accept that...I may not like it...but I accept it. Carrie has built herself up to her superstar status rather nicely. I think Miranda does need an extra boost, but she's well on her way. Think back to the 90s. Country music had more top women than just the two most popular stars. Like Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Reba, Jodee Messina, Deanna Carter, Trisha Yearwood.

I think the industry is looking to build up acts to higher levels to represent today's country music. I believe women like Kellie Pickler, Sunny Sweeney and maybe Ashton Shepherd will be built up in the future.

If Miranda had TWO!!! headlining tours it still wouldn't be good enough for Carrie fans because you all just plain don't like anybody who's not Carrie!!!
No Carrie fan has been ruder about Miranda than you have been about Taylor in this thread. Quality is subjective, quantity is not, and Miranda does not have quantity of concert sales to back her up, unlike the other nominees and Carrie.

Anyway I'm fine if Carrie wants to take a break from the public eye for a while, since I'm 100% sure she'll be back in the fall and nobody's going to forget about her. Lots of people who are not Carrie fans think she is overexposed so it's okay if she lays low for one awards show cycle if you ask me. Fans of pretty much everyone else (non-Swift division) would kill to have as much TV face time as Carrie has accumulated every year so far.

jeff

just another fan
since this thread is no longer relevant...

I am just panicking. I am feeling distrustful of the label now so I guess it is hard to trust that they have her back anymore.

why does everything have to be a panic? if its not the label using every opportunity to kick Carrie to the curb, its the whole of Canada being enraged with her not wanting to go back to montreal. how many times have you thought that her career was going to be in serious trouble? and despite what you think, her career is still not close to being in trouble even with the latest drama.

as a couple of people have mentioned, its the way threads are created that sometimes get a rise out of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.