Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMT Crossroads: Why No Carrie Yet?

teesharky

Faith Hill is announced by CMT as the next CMT Crossroads artst. What the heck is the delay in getting Carrie to do this?

I don't get it.

Do you think Carrie is not interested or something? Or maybe the artist she wanted to do it with, was unavailable or not interested? odd.

It just seems that by now, Carrie would have done this show.

Carrie Country

Yeah no kidding why has Carrie not done a Crossroads yet she needs too is it that she doesn't want to?.......I'm still convinced CMT has something against our sweet Carrie......Taylor has done a Crossroads already she's CMT's girl they play favorites with her......I think Carrie would actually sound better with Def Leppard than TS did anyway........or maybe Carrie with a classic rocker like John Fogerty I thought she sounded awesome with him at the ACM's.......or Carrie and Rod Stewart......if she does one I think she'd sound great with an older rock artist like either of them!!!

Gator

Other options: BonJovi, or how about Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20 with special guest -- Santana. Thoughts???

teesharky

^ Carrie says she loves Rob Thomas so that would work. Didn't Sugarland already do one with Bon Jovi though?

So that leaves U2, maybe Coldplay, Guns n Roses, maybe Poison or another hard rock band, or Motley Crue. But for some reason, I think all of those acts will think they are too "cool" to do this with Carrie.

How on earth did Taylor convince Def Lepard to do that with her? How embarassing that was for them! She sucked so bad! it was like a little girl playiing dressup with big bad rocker dudes! lol I lost so much respect for them for doing that! She must have paid them big money to make it happen.

JB172

It could be scheduling, when you have not one but two artists involved it can't be to easy to work a schedule out with both parties.

carriecountrystar

^ Carrie says she loves Rob Thomas so that would work. Didn't Sugarland already do one with Bon Jovi though?

So that leaves U2, maybe Coldplay, Guns n Roses, maybe Poison or another hard rock band, or Motley Crue. But for some reason, I think all of those acts will think they are too "cool" to do this with Carrie.

How on earth did Taylor convince Def Lepard to do that with her? How embarassing that was for them! She sucked so bad! it was like a little girl playiing dressup with big bad rocker dudes! lol I lost so much respect for them for doing that! She must have paid them big money to make it happen.

I know sebastian gave glowing review of carrie's "I remember you" cover so I think he would be happy to be singing along with carrie :) (other legends and veteran are also well aware of carrie in this business as well and highly respect her so I think they would also be happy to as well. I mean COME ON this is CARRIE UNDERWOOD. if they would be willing to sing with someone like SWRN then they'd definitely JUMP for a chance with carrie)
yeah I also think it's weird carrie has never been asked or considered(or so it seems at least). I mean why faith hill all of the sudden? I mean don't get me wrong she's also a fantastic vocalist but faith hasn't been in the spotlight for years-musical wise...
I'd think if they were considering anyone that they would get carrie first seeing as she can rock out to those songs like no other country artists can.
only problem is that like ^ others have also pointed out is that CMT seems to cater to taylor swift and tend to underrate carrie. especially those articles written by allison-it's CLEAR she loves taylor as she babies her to death and everything is "OMGOODNESS" news while she downplays carrie and makes everything so dry and UGH. I don't even want to talk about it >.<

epicamends

I'd really love to see Carrie do a crossroads episode with a rock act, like Guns N Roses or something. She does rock covers SO well!

teesharky

^ agree. Only thing, maybe Guns n Roses is not interested? I heard they refused Glee to use any of their songs. Maybe they are snobs? lol

epicamends

^ agree. Only thing, maybe Guns n Roses is not interested? I heard they refused Glee to use any of their songs. Maybe they are snobs? lol

Didn't they say one time how much they loved Carrie's cover of Paradise City? I could've sworn I heard one of them, maybe Axl Rose or someone, quoted as saying that. But maybe they're not interested in doing a CMT special.

JB172

If I was an artist and Glee wanted to use my songs I would be more than happy to let them do whatever they wanted to do.

Mirasa45A

Faith Hill is announced by CMT as the next CMT Crossroads artst. What the heck is the delay in getting Carrie to do this?

I don't get it.

Do you think Carrie is not interested or something? Or maybe the artist she wanted to do it with, was unavailable or not interested? odd.

It just seems that by now, Carrie would have done this show.

The reason is because it is very very difficult to find another artist from other genre of music who can sing Carrie Underwood's songs.

carriecountrystar

The reason is because it is very very difficult to find another artist from other genre of music who can sing Carrie Underwood's songs.

hmm yeah that makes a lot of sense. I mean you don't see people being able to sing songs like "so small" or "jesus take the wheel" or "just a dream" every other day. haha
That's why when carrie does do CMT crossroads-they'd have to find the best of the bests. I totally want to see "before he cheats" being ROCKED OUT.

carriecountrystar

so CMT crossroads are held how often? is it only for ONE artist for when they held it? is there chance carrie will get invited to do it in 2011?

Gator

Okay, I think a Carrie/Lionel Richie duet would be cool, too. Check this out (from 9513):

Lionel Richie is in the process of recording an album of duets with country artists. Those that have recorded songs so far include Darius Rucker, Tim McGraw, Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Little Big Town, Blake Shelton, and Jimmy Buffet, with Jennifer Nettles and Zac Brown still scheduled.

AIgrl06

I've said it before, but I would love Carrie to do a Crossroads... preferably with Steve Perry. :p Has he done it before? I don't think Guns 'n' Roses would be a very good show, mostly because Guns 'n' Roses suck now. I think John Mellencamp would be pretty cool... or Melissa Etheridge. The possibilities are endless!

Gator

^^ Although the possibilities are endless, as Mirasa pointed out, they also have to sing Carrie's songs. That caveat lowers the possibilites drastically! Okay, I wouldn't mind Celine or Jen Hudson! :)

slowtherush

I imagine a Kellie Pickler & Joan Jett CMT Crossroads Special after the Faith Hill & The Pretenders. I also look for a future special featuring someone and Brett Michaels. More than likely a female on this one, perhaps Miranda. Brett is coming out with a country album sometime this year, and I guarantee this will happen.

But back to Carrie. I think Wynonna has already had Heart on her CR Special...I think Tom Petty and Carrie would make for a perfect combo for a future special.

Gator

I imagine a Kellie Pickler & Joan Jett CMT Crossroads Special after the Faith Hill & The Pretenders. I also look for a future special featuring someone and Brett Michaels. More than likely a female on this one, perhaps Miranda. Brett is coming out with a country album sometime this year, and I guarantee this will happen.

But back to Carrie. I think Wynonna has already had Heart on her CR Special...I think Tom Petty and Carrie would make for a perfect combo for a future special.

Didn't Brett state previously that he would love to sing with swsrn? I like Tom Petty, however, hadn't heard him in years. That could be interesting.