Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMT Crossroads: Why No Carrie Yet?

slowtherush

Didn't Brett state previously that he would love to sing with swsrn? I like Tom Petty, however, hadn't heard him in years. That could be interesting.

I know he openly said he wanted to work with Miley. Not sure about SWSRN. But geez, she's had her turn with Def Leppard.

GAC really needs jump on the wagon and create a series similar Crossroads. I prefer GAC so much more over CMT. A show like Crossroads actually belongs on a station that plays country music, and country music related programming.

Gator

I know he openly said he wanted to work with Miley. Not sure about SWSRN. But geez, she's had her turn with Def Leppard.

GAC really needs jump on the wagon and create a series similar Crossroads. I prefer GAC so much more over CMT. A show like Crossroads actually belongs on a station that plays country music, and country music related programming.

A Crossroads-like show on GAC would be amazing! I also prefer GAC. I rarely watch CMT anymore.

mandoelin

I've said it before, but I would love Carrie to do a Crossroads... preferably with Steve Perry. :p Has he done it before? I don't think Guns 'n' Roses would be a very good show, mostly because Guns 'n' Roses suck now. I think John Mellencamp would be pretty cool... or Melissa Etheridge. The possibilities are endless!

Steve Perry and Carrie would be EPIC!! I would love for her to do a Crossroads with Harry Connick Jr. too. I still want to see the video of them singing and Clive Davis's Grammy party....

jptexas

I would LOVE Harry Connick Jr.!!!!

That has possiblities.

Remember, the man/woman/group would have to have alot of confidence singing along side Carrie. Besides, they would have to sing each others songs. I can imagine
Carrie singing any genre, but can you imagine a rock group's attempt at JTTW, BHC, etc. LN, UI are ones that may apply.

DaisyTweets

I would LOVE Harry Connick Jr.!!!!

Remember last year that Carrie did a song with Harry at Clive's pre grammy party. You could tell that he really thought the world of Carrie and their performance together and I think Carrie had a really good time as well. And I think I remember Carrie commenting that Harry gave her really good advice because she was unsure about performing his 'swing' or jazz or big band sound music!

While I would love that combo, he might not be epic enough for some board members (fans).

CUDD

We should all contact @CMT or whatever their twitter is and bombard them with questions. They probably will respond. There are too many of us for them not to. :cool:

carriecountrystar

Remember last year that Carrie did a song with Harry at Clive's pre grammy party. You could tell that he really thought the world of Carrie and their performance together and I think Carrie had a really good time as well. And I think I remember Carrie commenting that Harry gave her really good advice because she was unsure about performing his 'swing' or jazz or big band sound music!

While I would love that combo, he might not be epic enough for some board members (fans).

how were you able to see it the duet?

Yeah I agree with what most people have mentioned already. Carrie's catalog is very challenging to sing vocally and they're very female-centric so most guys couldn't sing her songs well or believably, and a number of her hits singles are maybe too inspirational for women in the pop field who have the chops to sing them. I mean Christina A. and Pink are fine singers but I can't imagine either of them volunteering to sing JTTW; it just doesn't jive with their personas. Plus Carrie is probably considered somewhat uncool because of AI still. I read that Guns and Roses are refusing to have their songs on Glee, and I doubt their songs have ever been cleared with AI either. I think Josh Groban could do some of Carrie's songs justice but his catalog isn't that well known.

ETA: The only person who I think has the catalog that would mesh well with Carrie's might be Beyonce, who might be the busiest woman in showbiz. :p

carriecountrystar

faith hill songs aren't too easy to sing either (not as hard as carrie's though) but if they can find someone for her (and picking her out out of nowhere) then they certainly can search for a suitable one for carrie as well. I mean I get that it would be much harder as carrie is in a very high league but what I'm concerned about is if they would ever even consider carrie. I don't know... just that MY impression of CMT of that of carrie is that CMT doesn't quite... take to carrie. maybe it's just me and all those articles I've read written on CMT (and constant overdevotion to SWSRN) that makes me think so. is there connection between that and CMT board? idk but ... anways, well I certainly hope carrie can do CMT crossroads soon as I think she's most suitable for it :)

carriecountrystar

We weren't able to see the performance, much to EVERYONE'S dismay!!!!! We just saw pictures and then there were interviews with Harry & Carrie.

HEYY maybe THAT was the surprise carrie was talking about!!! Maybe she and harry SECRETLY recorded it after they saw the performance went well so maybe THAT'S WHY the videos weren't allowed to be leaked!!!! (I believe in past years-there has been video of carrie performing at Clive davis' party)

teesharky

To me-- Harry Connick Jr would be the best choice EVER! Wow!

Please make it happen CMT!

OkieChick

I always wanted Carrie to do a Crossroads with George Michael because he's one of her favorite male artists (mine too) but it seems he is in and out of jail or whatever so ya never know about him. Someone that might be good (since we'd get the rock part and he sings ballads well) would be Steven Tyler w/wo Aerosmith. We know already that he is a fan of Carrie's and now that he's a judge on Idol.... :cool:

robinannhunt

I always wanted Carrie to do a Crossroads with George Michael because he's one of her favorite male artists (mine too) but it seems he is in and out of jail or whatever so ya never know about him. Someone that might be good (since we'd get the rock part and he sings ballads well) would be Steven Tyler w/wo Aerosmith. We know already that he is a fan of Carrie's and now that he's a judge on Idol.... :cool:

I like it!