Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMT Crossroads: Why No Carrie Yet?

blondemama

I have been asking CMT for Carrie crossroads for a year and a half. If they did one and out it on dvd like TS and DL it would be even bigger sales. I have thought alot about who and have never thought of Steven Tyler before but I think he could handle her songs and she could certainly handle his. I think we need to get to the bottom of wht cmt's problem is with Carrie. I just don't get what she could have done to make them anti Carrie did I miss something? ON CMT on demand on cable there has not been one Carrie song on for months. but sure alot of TS . Carrie has songs on all the other on demand music chanels,Fuse,Mucic choice, By genre,etc . Does cmt not need the revenue or ratings Carrie would bring?

teesharky

^ I am wondering if Carrie is the one not interested? Odd. Sometimes I think she shortsells herself, so maybe she is not confident enough to ask another artist to do this with her? I just can't figure it out.

It's CMT's job to book the guests, though, right? Carrie wouldn't even have to do anything but pick a few possible names. Maybe GNR said no, as they are kind of snobs. Motley Crue likes Carrie but maybe they said no too. But anyone else would say yes in a heartbeat, one would think.

If Taylor can somehow bribe, beg or manipulate Def Lepard into singing with them, then surely Carrie, who is much more respected then TS, can pull this off.

pklongbeach

Carrie would definately do it. She is a pro and she is always on board to support country music. CMT would do it, it would be highly rated and she is still "the" premeir voice at country right now.
I do think it has to do with finding the right fit.
Many of Carries mentors and idols are men. And that leaves out some of Carries catalog.
Some of the women who can handle Carrie repertoire are huge names and would cost CMT alot of money. Besides, the same women who could handle Carries songs may not wish to "go there" emotionally. Carrie sings songs that require commitment on the part of the singer.
It is tough.
There is only one that I could think of and I don't know if either would be willing.
Kelly!
Think about it. Both their voices would fit the others material. And each would be able to handle it.
Thats the only way I could see it.
But that would be such a big event. I think the entire world would tune in and it may end up (in the publics eye) being a "match up" against eachother instead of for eachother. And I don't think either one would want that to happen.
But to be in that room for that would be the concert of a life time.

abbeyjones18

Here are some reasons that I came up with:
1) Maybe Carrie doesn't have the time to do it
2) Maybe Carrie doesn't want to do it (which I kind of doubt, so it might be the first one)

This might sound selfish, but I really don't mean it that way, but, I rather just see Carrie perform, like on CMT Invitation Only. That was a nice special. I mean, singing with other act/acts is great and all, but I rather see Carrie. :)

teesharky

I agree that Kelly Clarkson could match up well with Carrie, but I think she is already planning one with Miranda, per Miranda's dog's recent tweet. lol Not official yet though. Also, the IDol thing might make it seem like more of an American Idol reunion then a crossroads...but I for one, would love it.

I think Mary J Blige or Mariah Carey or even Xtina could sing Carrie's songs, and she could sing theirs. Mary J Blige is very spiritual and always thanks God in her speeches, so I could see her doing JTTW, etc. I could also see her getting down and dirty with BHC or LN, etc. lol

But I think a guy could sing Carrie's songs if he took it down a few notes and did more of an acoustic version, like Matt Girard did with So Small on American Idol. He made SS a piano ballad, and very soft, etc, in a range that fit his voice. Other guys could do that too.

Carrie would definately do it. She is a pro and she is always on board to support country music. CMT would do it, it would be highly rated and she is still "the" premeir voice at country right now.
I do think it has to do with finding the right fit.
Many of Carries mentors and idols are men. And that leaves out some of Carries catalog.
Some of the women who can handle Carrie repertoire are huge names and would cost CMT alot of money. Besides, the same women who could handle Carries songs may not wish to "go there" emotionally. Carrie sings songs that require commitment on the part of the singer.
It is tough.
There is only one that I could think of and I don't know if either would be willing.
Kelly!
Think about it. Both their voices would fit the others material. And each would be able to handle it.
Thats the only way I could see it.
But that would be such a big event. I think the entire world would tune in and it may end up (in the publics eye) being a "match up" against eachother instead of for eachother. And I don't think either one would want that to happen.
But to be in that room for that would be the concert of a life time.

teesharky

Here are some reasons that I came up with:
1) Maybe Carrie doesn't have the time to do it
2) Maybe Carrie doesn't want to do it (which I kind of doubt, so it might be the first one)

This might sound selfish, but I really don't mean it that way, but, I rather just see Carrie perform, like on CMT Invitation Only. That was a nice special. I mean, singing with other act/acts is great and all, but I rather see Carrie. :)

I prefer seeing Carrie collaborate with other artists, because we have seen her sing solo so many times now on so many shows...that when she collaborates with someone, it is a nice rare treat. I love when she sings harmony with people and shows a different side to her. It is good for her career to change things up sometimes and show diversity.

blondemama

Kelly did Crossroads with Reba can they do more than one? I would love to se Kelly and Carrie but would rather have her sing with a male artists so Carries voice would not be shadowed and her harmonies would stand out.I think if TS songs could be arranged so def Lepard could sing them I don't see a problem for Carries songs.

Gator

Haha, just thought of a guy that can sing power ballads and high notes -- Adam Lambert.

If Carrie was going the Idol route, I'd much rather see her sing with David Cook, David Archuletta, Clay Aiken, Jen Hudson or Katharine McPhee.

abbeyjones18

Another thing: this definitely doesn't concern me one bit...I just rather see more CMT Invitation Only specials!! :)

Gator

^^Are you actually saying you want more music on a music channel? lol I would love to see more Invitation Only specials also. I'd also like to hear the newer artists that don't get a lot of airplay.

abbeyjones18

^^Are you actually saying you want more music on a music channel? lol I would love to see more Invitation Only specials also. I'd also like to hear the newer artists that don't get a lot of airplay.

LOL! We don't have cable at home, so thank goodness for Youtube, Blitzer50, and Vinman...that's how I have it! Anyway, maybe Carrie will do CMT Crossroads in the future. Right now, I just want that fifth single, like the rest of you do...lol... :)

supercarriefan

Haha, just thought of a guy that can sing power ballads and high notes -- Adam Lambert.

If Carrie was going the Idol route, I'd much rather see her sing with David Cook, David Archuletta, Clay Aiken, Jen Hudson or Katharine McPhee.

I'm trying to picture Carrie singing some of Adam's tunes...lol...I just don't think that would work out in terms of some of the content haha. He could certainly keep up with her vocally though.

I would love Carrie to do something with David Cook! I love them both, but unfortunately I don't think Crossroads would be the place seeing as they tend to pair up the country acts with big name acts from other genres.
Kat McPhee would be a wonderful collab for Carrie, too! They both have strong voices, and Kat did some writing in Nashville for her album, but Kat's not a big name in music either :(.

As for actual Crossroads potential, I would love to see Carrie show off her inner rocker lol. I think that would be cool for people to see that have never had the pleasure of seeing her do the rock covers live in concert.
Although, ultimately, if she does a Crossroads special, I just want her to pick someone she respects and someone who does great music that she loves because that is what will make for a wonderfully entertaining show!

Gator

Supercarrie fan-- Thank you -- very well said -- I totally agree! IF Carrie would sing with any of those listed, I'd rather a duet, not on a Crossroads. I guess I should have specified that in my post. My main thought process was finding someone that could keep up with Carrie vocally, within the Idol camp.

When Carrie does a CMT Crossroads, I certainly hope that it's someone who is well respected and Carrie loves, and is a big name in the music business. In an earlier post, I suggested Matchbox 20. I believe in a previous interview, Carrie had mentioned she liked them, so that could work. Although there are many as listed in this thread.

teesharky

Kelly did Crossroads with Reba can they do more than one? I would love to se Kelly and Carrie but would rather have her sing with a male artists so Carries voice would not be shadowed and her harmonies would stand out.I think if TS songs could be arranged so def Lepard could sing them I don't see a problem for Carries songs.

exactly. If freakin' Def Lepard can be convinced (or paid off) to sing tween bubble gum Taylor songs, then surely, someone out there would sing with Carrie. lol

Kizmet311

My memory may be bad, but I could swear John Mayer has done more than one Crossroads.

I would love to see Carrie do one because I love seeing her collaborate with other artists and see her do stuff in other genres. I think if she does one it should be with someone from either the rock or R&B genres. Carrie and Beyonce would KILL each other's songs! And I mean that in a good way! Daughtry would be a good one for her too, and I thnk he's religious so he wouldn't mind stuff like JTTW. :)