Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Cry Pretty' chart updates

Good lord, I wish they would just toss CP or push it already. This chart run is almost torturous. It’s a literal roller coaster, and I can’t stand roller coasters lol

Same.At this point I think there just isn’t much more they can do for this song & I think it would just be better if they just cut their losses & moved on.I just think a push at this point wouldn’t do any good.It is a roller coaster chart run & I don’t like roller coasters that much either,to be honest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pi314CA

Being early in the chart week, it is very possible for Carrie to pass Brett Young, Morgan Evans, FGL and Dylan Scott by this Sunday to get to #5. Perhaps then a power up ad will appear?

maddkat

Staff member
Being early in the chart week, it is very possible for Carrie to pass Brett Young, Morgan Evans, FGL and Dylan Scott by this Sunday to get to #5. Perhaps then a power up ad will appear?
there was a power up ad last week that went no where.I really think this is the last week of support for CP.Let it start falling and get ready for single 2.

CU4ever

This is the final push week. The only possibility of lasting longer is if they give Carrie a two week push for Top 5 like Keith got (unlikely and assuming it doesn't make it )

CU4ever

Cry Pretty is number FIVE on the Mediabase Building Chart!

http://mediabase.com/mmrweb/networkmag/chart.asp?format=c1r?OB=3

mbh

I asked this guy who is a country music chart insider if he think her label is pushing CP next week and replied...

Christopher Baggs
@FiddleSabre
Respondiendo a @simontorales
Carrie’s push week likely won’t come until August 19th-26th. She’s co-hosting CCUSA the weekend of Aug 18-19 and the week following is when a label usually max pushes their song. It gets extra spins benefit from the countdown when she co-hosts it with Lon Helton

August 19th - August 25th (co-hosting CCUSA week - August 18-19) is just the beginning of the BIG push.

August 26th - September 1st (the week following) is when the label MAX pushes their song.

melvinc

With Brett's song is done, Morgan's starting to free fall and Jason's peaks this week, CP has a chance of moving to the Top 5 is UMG is willing to hold until the album drops.

carriethequeen

On Pulse someone said the their is a Max Spin ad in Country Aircheck Tonight and it is one of the top 5 point gainers.

Donna did you get this ad? I think she usually gets this. I've tried signing up for the Country Aircheck Today but it makes you enter a company, job title, and address lol

bluetb4

Hope this guy is wrong and Cry Pretty gets to #1....certainly deserves it.

Chris Owen (Baggs)‏ @FiddleSabre 35m35 minutes ago

As I mentioned this weekend, @UMGNashville is maxing “Cry Pretty” by @carrieunderwood this week. This ad in @CountryAircheck confirms it. Their email always updates weekly on Tuesday afternoons. It could get as high as #6 but top 5 is asking a lot. 7-6 is my guess on its MB peak.

DlLGfFCUUAArj5D.jpg

bluetb4

^^^ I'm not familiar with Ruston Kelly's music, but he sure sums up why Carrie is having a hard time getting to #1. Not to mention the dozens of other women who can't get radio air time.

Ruston Kelly‏Verified account @RustonKelly Aug 20

riding for 2 hours so far and listening to country radio: 20 male artists with 25 references to sex and how they want it. 2 female artists played. I would normally change the station but this has become a poll. Standby

Ruston Kelly‏Verified account @RustonKelly Aug 20

Another hour of country radio: still 2 female artists and a total of 31 male artists played. 35 references to sex/objectification and 25 references to alcohol. Anyways vomit I’m done taking a poll cuz I feel like I need a shower.

mbh

On Pulse someone said the their is a Max Spin ad in Country Aircheck Tonight and it is one of the top 5 point gainers.

When label put an ad like "Power Up" or "Max Spin", the effect will be the following week because radio programmers still have to adjust their schedule. Different artists have different goals - the myriad of music submissions.

maddkat

Staff member
CP remains at #9 (+119/+.381)
9 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Cry Pretty 5895 5615 280 32.865

Canada:CP drops to #10 (-4/+.014)

from country aircheck last night
DlLGfFCUUAArj5D.jpg:small

mbh

When the label put up Max Spin, does it mean it is the final push and week for the single?

It is a guessing game after that week, after August 26th - September 1st because we do not know the goal of UMG for Carrie's Cry Pretty. If I will make a bet, NOW - I will bet all my money to UMG taking Cry Pretty all the way to the top, number ONE on the week September 9th - September 15th because it is too late for them to start a new single by now. Timing is the key here - "timing" on the release date of Cry Pretty album.

teesharky

Good spin gains but damn they must be playing the song at 3 am with those low AI gains.

If this song somehow squeaks and sputters its way to top 5– it will be a secret too 5 only played in the middle of the night. Lol