Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Era - Current iTunes/Streaming Positions

Farawayhills

This is good news for those who hope Carrie's new album will help her become more established outside the radio-dominated Music Row marketing machine: Amazon UK are listing "Cry Pretty" in both Jazz and Country. The pre-orders have put her number one in both (though she's since slipt to 2 in Country, behind a bargain multi-artist compilation album - on which she also appears, with her classic BHC)

Number 1 in Jazz (with a pre-order only) means that she's currently ahead of both a five disc retrospect of Aretha, and Billy Gibbons' new release, "Big Bad Blues" - which is not bad going by any standard!

(I can't say how Amazon assign albums to categories - e.g, do they have prompting from Virgin EMI? - but It makes sense in marketing terms, since the new album sounds more Alternative than anything else she's done, and labels like Country or Pop would put some potential buyers off over here.

Great! Hope that's a good sign. That's what two weeks now? Very good run, plus, hopefully lots of fans are redeeming the album through their ticket purchases. I think we'll see 200K.

But what if fans didn’t buy tickets to redeem the album?I have to imagine that there were some people who weren’t able to buy the tickets & get the tour bundle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam1995

But what if fans didn’t buy tickets to redeem the album?I have to imagine that there were some people who weren’t able to buy the tickets & get the tour bundle.

Then they didn't. I don't believe I said that every ticket was sold and every album redeemed. I said hopefully a lot of fans did. My goodness, I'm sure a large portion of the tickets have been bought. We've seen this work for many artists, Carrie is not an exception. She'll see a boost.

liz278

Why do you expect the worst on everything? Hopefully you can enjoy the album release. Don't go looking for negativity in this.