Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Music Video

FanSince04

I’m posting a lot. I am posting more than usual haha, but I can’t get enough of the CP video. I just watched the video again, within 4 minutes 1K more people watched it. Sooooo if I do the math correctly and everybody keeps watching the video, we should be at 392K views in 24hrs. If you’re curious, I simply divided 60 minutes by 4 minutes (length of the video) which gave me 15 (equivalent to 15K since 1K people are added during my time of watching the video). I multiplied 15K by 24 (hours in a day) and received 360K. I added 32K to that number to come up with 392K! Come on people, let’s keep watching.

AdamJ

The song and the video hit me between the eyes and I can strongly relate to the lyrics. I have left a patients room and gone to the doctor's lounge and had to shake off the emotions and tears. I have stood in the shower and just let the water pelt me to calm down some days. Through it all I have to keep a persona of stability, calmness, compassion and caring (which I feel with all the patients). I am sure Carrie, herself, has done and felt exactly what the video implies. Bravo Carrie---well done!!!!!

opry051008

I love the simplicity of this video. Whether you like the video or not, this is a huge step in Carrie's growth as an artist. She has never before shared this side of herself with us and I never believed that she ever would. I can't wait for the rest of the album.

Countryfan2448

I love it, if she went with the ACM performance (Which there was nothing too) people be crying about it being boring but this is awesome it goes with the theme of the title.

teesharky

I love it! While I normally like a Story type video, Cry Pretty is not a story song. It is about raw emotions and suffering in silence...etc. I lovhe imagery and rawness of it. It's powerful and soulful at the same time.

I love the part with her holding a flask of liquor. It was subtle but powerdul and real. Very well done overall.

sco

To me the point of the video is the trade off between the glamour of being a famous icon and the loneliness. The sunglasses were an acknowledgment that a famous person can never really show their true self. They always have to hide to a degree. The video brought back memories for me of the scene from the MTV special when Carrie first started out where she was talking about how lonely it was once her mom left. It was heartbreaking to see her so vulnerable. Let’s also talk about her silent acting skills. Very nicely done.

Hil

I generally like most videos. Only disappointments to me were JTTW, and Church Bells... because it was a story song and we only got a live performance. I love the simplicity of this video, and the fashion. I thought this was very much Carrie giving us a glimpse of herself through our eyes, and showing she's human at the same time. No matter how perfect and beautiful somene's life looks, it's not always like that. Everyone cries and hurts sometimes. I thought this was a very beautiful and stylish video to fit the song. I loved how they basically showed her alone and isolated a lot in this. Fame can be like that. Plus, everyone feels alone when they hurt. I thought it was quite powerful.

Loved the video. It reminded me of the rock videos from the 80s with her on the stage with the band. The fake fans were annoying.

She looked too pretty when she cried though! Loved the outfits.

I think the song needed this video. Simple, raw, pretty.

One of my favourites I think.

leo93

I love it!! I think it matches the theme of the song perfectly... a more detailed story video would have taken more minutes without music but the messagge is very clear imo. She looks flawless

Zman312

I actually love the video, it fits the song. For me, Carrie usually misses on the musical video. JAD is probably one of her best video. The ST videos were a mess but given that she was leaving Sony why would they spend the money on her.

ethelu

I love the video. You can feel the emotion when Carrie is in the shower, and alone in her hotel room. I love that Carrie is showing that side of herself. The rock star outfits are awesome!

^ I completely agree with you. The Blown Away Era was perfect in every way.

I do think though that music videos are nowhere near as important as they used to be. I think in turn they then have lower budgets and ideas.

simonplay

^ I completely agree with you. The Blown Away Era was perfect in every way.

I do think though that music videos are nowhere near as important as they used to be. I think in turn they then have lower budgets and ideas.

Actually they are much important now because the streams count to sales certifications and charts positions.

There are artists that have 2 videos for one song.. lol