Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Music Video

Yeah but the quality of music videos is nothing like it was in the 90s/00s. I meant important in terms of the visuals/ story. Videos don’t seem to sell songs like they used to. Most people stream for the music not the visuals.

Sure some artist may have 2 but they are generally pretty cheap IMO. Lyric videos are a cheap way to get views and cost next to nothing to produce. They don’t add to the songs in any way.

ethelu

She looks great but the video is a little dull. Videos that rely heavily on the artist singing live to a crowd often lack substance.
I think they could've added a little more story but the imagery with the shower scene/where she has a drink are great.

Normally, I would agree with you about an artist singing to a live crowd, in a video, but, in this case, it's an actual part of the story. A performer on stage vs her life off stage. It makes sense to show Carrie performing.

oldyfan

Actually, I love it. My take:

The picture of what the world sees, the unemotional person who looks to be riding high on life. Then the real person, allowing herself to feel the loneliness and pain that is hidden away. Can't #CryPretty

Powerful...

Smokyiiis

I’m in the category that really like the video. It really does a great job of showing the juxtaposition between the glamour and beauty of the stage persona versus the real life trials, struggles and tribulations of the true human kind. I think the scenes on walking the alleyways and the flask show the utter vulnerability of stardom behind the scenes. Nicely done and loving it!

adam1995

It's simple and straightforward. I like it. And I think it gets the point across.

Just so ready to hear the whole album!

lizcarlo

I like it. It shows how she can seem confident on stage/in crowd but when in private break down and cry.

Kizmet311

Everyone keeps saying she is holding a flask. Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me, but I swear I thought it was a highball glass?

jaks_weyn

LOL no matter how Carrie tries, she always cry pretty.. she looks beautiful in the video in every shot!!! And hot hot hot!!!
The video is OK for me.. I like it (well, I like anything Carrie), but I guess I wanted to see more detail as to why she is crying.. and yeah, the ending kinda faded out quickly.. Apart from those and a bit of weird editing in one part, I like watching it... the first lines were directed very well.. it was similar to the ACM performance which was a really good intro into the song.. the clips of verse 2 I liked as well.. They literally showed what is sung in the lyrics.. and of course when “SITW” Carrie belted in the shower.. it showed much much emotion.. same with the “SB” Carrie who was drinking and staring blankly.. her expression was real... (I just remembered SITW and SB on those parts) and did I say Carrie looked amazing in every shot and hot hot hot?

when she looked straight at the camera... <3 &#55357;&#56845;&#55357;&#56845;&#55357;&#56845;

ACA1705C-1D3C-4565-BE24-93451970FB38.jpg

maddkat

Staff member
Everyone keeps saying she is holding a flask. Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me, but I swear I thought it was a highball glass?
lol, I was wondering what everyone was seeing too.Its clearly a glass
23kcdug.jpg

maddkat

Staff member
LOL no matter how Carrie tries, she always cry pretty.. she looks beautiful in the video in every shot!!! And hot hot hot!!!
The video is OK for me.. I like it (well, I like anything Carrie), but I guess I wanted to see more detail as to why she is crying.. and yeah, the ending kinda faded out quickly.. Apart from those and a bit of weird editing in one part, I like watching it... the first lines were directed very well.. it was similar to the ACM performance which was a really good intro into the song.. the clips of verse 2 I liked as well.. They literally showed what is sung in the lyrics.. and of course when “SITW” Carrie belted in the shower.. it showed much much emotion.. same with the “SB” Carrie who was drinking and staring blankly.. her expression was real... (I just remembered SITW and SB on those parts) and did I say Carrie looked amazing in every shot and hot hot hot?

when she looked straight at the camera... <3 😍😍😍

View attachment 31091

that one and this one killed me
25p2qv5.jpg

Smokyiiis

When the scene flashed thru it honestly looked like a flask to me....lol. Glad ya'll got the still! (maybe mentally I expected that it should be a flask?????)

I thought Smoke Break was a great video....

Out of all of the videos from Storyteller,THAT video was my favorite out of all the videos from Storyteller!!Simple,less glam & probably the real version of Carrie that we don’t get to see onstage.I like the glam Carrie just as much as the next person,but the toned down version of Carrie is what I’m guessing that most people like seeing that aren’t rabid Carrie fans.

rcramer

Out of all of the videos from Storyteller,THAT video was my favorite out of all the videos from Storyteller!!Simple,less glam & probably the real version of Carrie that we don’t get to see onstage.I like the glam Carrie just as much as the next person,but the toned down version of Carrie is what I’m guessing that most people like seeing that aren’t rabid Carrie fans.

Plus it was a traditional country song and video, and that we don't see a lot of from Carrie..... I welcome it always.....

gwade82

For me her music videos peaked in the Blown Away era.

There seems to be an abundance of internationally renowned music video critics here lately. To me the more one gets to hear Carrie sing the better. Also could she be any more beautiful