Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Music Video

simonplay

I wonder how in the world they filled a arena with people and nothing leaked?? Or is the crowd made with green screen??

maddkat

Staff member
^^ I would guess green screen, we don't really see the crowd beyond the 20-30 people oddly screaming, just pin points of light

FanSince04

^^ I would guess green screen, we don't really see the crowd beyond the 20-30 people oddly screaming, just pin points of light

I agree with you. The people even look to be like shadows of people. You can’t really make out faces, because it spans through the crowd quite quickly. Maybe she’ll talk about the video/CP on Today??

FanSince04

^ Loving the climbing views. I feel in the past her videos took forever (a week or two) to hit 750K, let alone 1M.

Burst

If we need a rough comparison about how well Cry Pretty is doing, we can look at some of her past videos to see how well they did initially. The comparisons won't be exact since videos were released at different times of the day/peaked a few days in or on the first day etc. but:

Cry Pretty (Audio) - No data available for some reason (unless a poster has it), but currently has 5.55M views.

The Champion (Video) - Peaked on day #2 with 1,005,000 views, currently 22.2M views and going strongly with 220k views a day currently.
The Champion (Audio) - Peaked on day #1 with 415,000 views, currently 8.98M views and getting 22k views a day currently.

Smoke Break (Video) - Peaked on day #2 with 433,000 views, currently 17.3M views and getting 2k views daily (the lowest daily view of all of her singles).

Good Girl (Video) - Peaked on day #1 with 167k views, currently 28.5M views and getting 13k views daily.

Youtube has become a lot bigger since Good Girl and even Smoke Break. Anything upwards of 750k in the first day would be amazing for Carrie if she can keep up the momentum.

FanSince04

If we need a rough comparison about how well Cry Pretty is doing, we can look at some of her past videos to see how well they did initially. The comparisons won't be exact since videos were released at different times of the day/peaked a few days in or on the first day etc. but:

Cry Pretty (Audio) - No data available for some reason (unless a poster has it), but currently has 5.55M views.

The Champion (Video) - Peaked on day #2 with 1,005,000 views, currently 22.2M views and going strongly with 220k views a day currently.
The Champion (Audio) - Peaked on day #1 with 415,000 views, currently 8.98M views and getting 22k views a day currently.

Smoke Break (Video) - Peaked on day #2 with 433,000 views, currently 17.3M views and getting 2k views daily (the lowest daily view of all of her singles).

Good Girl (Video) - Peaked on day #1 with 167k views, currently 28.5M views and getting 13k views daily.

Youtube has become a lot bigger since Good Girl and even Smoke Break. Anything upwards of 750k in the first day would be amazing for Carrie if she can keep up the momentum.

Solid analysis! I like how you compared her most recent videos for the most accurate data. Everything about this is great, except The Champion has the support of Ludacris, SNF fans, and her first video release after the ST Era. I feel all of that helped boost its views, but still CP is doing amazing! Let’s keep watching!!!

adam1995

What do you mean peaked? Peaked at what?

simonplay

^ peaked in views, that means that that particular day the video had the most views in just one day.