Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

Zach1998

I don't think CU8 will be for a while. "Out of That Truck" will climb for the rest of this year, and peak somewhere in January most likely. I honestly think we will probably get another single off the deluxe, with one of the new tracks honestly. Then I think the Cody duet will be released, probably mid next year (because I don't think it will be his lead single, based on him saying he doesn't know when it will be released.)

I don't think CU8 will come until 2025, which sounds like a long time, but she should consistently be on the radio during then, between OOTT, possibly one more D&R deluxe single, and the Cody duet.

Last edited:

LilUnderwood

I’m happy waiting until 2025 considering we have this deluxe edition and duet to hold us over. At the fan club party or it might’ve been at the Sirius launch event it kind of seemed she wasn’t ready to move on from this era quite yet so it will be interesting to see where she goes from here! I know she says she’s always working on something so a new album is probably like in very very early stages like notes on her phone lol

Jane-Alex

Waiting for cu8 till 2025 makes me really cry 😭
I was so eager for D&R era to be over…I hope its sometime in 2024.

CU4ever

I don't think CU8 will be for a while. "Out of That Truck" will climb for the rest of this year, and peak somewhere in January most likely. I honestly think we will probably get another single off the deluxe, with one of the new tracks honestly. Then I think the Cody duet will be released, probably mid next year (because I don't think it will be his lead single, based on him saying he doesn't know when it will be released.)

I don't think CU8 will come until 2025, which sounds like a long time, but she should consistently be on the radio during then, between OOTT, possibly one more D&R deluxe single, and the Cody duet.
I completely agree with this assessment. OOTT through January, Drunk & Hungover (or something else) through July/August, then the duet for the rest of 2024. Probably a lead single for CU8 around March-May 2025 (so almost exactly when CU7 started).

But I would like to add, I am predicting some sort of Christmas expansion mini-era in 2023 or 2024. She seems to always want to do some sort of promo for that every Christmas and she kind of did a mini-era for it in 2021. Maybe she will do that Christmas tour she talked about ;)

Eder Rodrigues

I really hope she doesn't release another album at mid year. That sucks!
October/November is a great period, even with more releases together. She won't be number #1 anyway, so why bother?
But I'm expecting a Greatest Hits Pt. 2 next year, i don't know why

Zach1998

I don't want another greatest hits. GH #1 served it's purpose and bought her time for maternity leave. Now, with streaming, they don't really serve a purpose. Besides, if she solely goes based on decade #2 of her career, her most impactful singles she released are with Sony, and she's not even with them anymore. Her UMG singles haven't connected with an audience in a big way for a GH album to be worth it imo (besides Southbound and The Champion.)

I'm fine with waiting till 2025 for a new album, because A) she will still be on the radio consistently between now and then, and B) it gives her time to be more creative with the songs she writes/chooses and her production choices, to hopefully create an album/era that will connect with the general public better than D&R did. I'm desperately hoping she makes either a 90s country type album or even just a 2000s type country album, like her earlier work. Because as we can see with OOTT, the general audience loves the 2000s country sound on her.

ChoctawCountyAffair

Also, Some Hearts is nearly diamond. Rotate in Starts with Goodbye, The Night Before, Lessons Learned, etc. Like her or not, but Taylor Swift really knows how to get people wanting to see more than just one show each tour to the point that, combined with her stardom, tens of thousands of people tune into live streams and watch uploaded YouTube videos to see different surprise guests, hear secret songs each night, etc. It also gets attendees re-listening to literally her entire catalogue on streaming platforms leading up to the show to make sure they're prepared for whatever surprise song they get.

I was listening to Play On, and Look At Me came up, and i realized that there's only 1 video of her singing it. Can you imagine how fun it would be if she did a different acustic song everynight? i would love it. she has SO many songs that she has only performed like twice. Wanted Woman sounded amazing at the FCP, Faster, Starts With Goodbye, I Just Cant Live a Lie, etc.

Eder Rodrigues

I was listening to Play On, and Look At Me came up, and i realized that there's only 1 video of her singing it. Can you imagine how fun it would be if she did a different acustic song everynight? i would love it. she has SO many songs that she has only performed like twice. Wanted Woman sounded amazing at the FCP, Faster, Starts With Goodbye, I Just Cant Live a Lie, etc.
That would be a dream. It brings a sense of freshness that she definitely needs at this point in her career.

Hil

I don't want another greatest hits. GH #1 served it's purpose and bought her time for maternity leave. Now, with streaming, they don't really serve a purpose. Besides, if she solely goes based on decade #2 of her career, her most impactful singles she released are with Sony, and she's not even with them anymore. Her UMG singles haven't connected with an audience in a big way for a GH album to be worth it imo (besides Southbound and The Champion.)

I'm fine with waiting till 2025 for a new album, because A) she will still be on the radio consistently between now and then, and B) it gives her time to be more creative with the songs she writes/chooses and her production choices, to hopefully create an album/era that will connect with the general public better than D&R did. I'm desperately hoping she makes either a 90s country type album or even just a 2000s type country album, like her earlier work. Because as we can see with OOTT, the general audience loves the 2000s country sound on her.
Just, ALL OF THIS!!!

montdu39

We are getting new music in 2023 with the deluxe and also the Cody duet. So I’m ok with CU8 being late 2024 or even 2025. I somehow also think there will be more features or new music before then.

I think the old way of only releasing new music via a new era completely (new album) is kind of over. I think with streaming, Carrie will be releasing singles here and there.