Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

adam1995

Below is a post from Pulse. Not sure how accurate.

Hopefully we do get the duet in November.

Cody Johnson - Leather
November 3rd

1. Work Boots [Brett Beavers, Canaan Smith & Jason Afable]
3. Watching My Old Flame [Clint Daniels, Kat Higgins & Wynn Varble]
11. The Painter [Benjy Davis, Kat Higgins & Ryan Larkins]

1000x1000bb.webp

(12 songs in total but others are not revealed yet)

PRGuy79

Below is a post from Pulse. Not sure how accurate.

Hopefully we do get the duet in November.

Cody Johnson - Leather
November 3rd

1. Work Boots [Brett Beavers, Canaan Smith & Jason Afable]
3. Watching My Old Flame [Clint Daniels, Kat Higgins & Wynn Varble]
11. The Painter [Benjy Davis, Kat Higgins & Ryan Larkins]

1000x1000bb.webp

(12 songs in total but others are not revealed yet)
That photo makes me want to wash my hands... 😂

Last edited:

CU4ever

I was looking through the charts and I’m just confused, still.

Confused how in 2022, My Gift was the #47 album for the whole year, despite being a Christmas/seasonal album only relevant really at the holidays. Or how it was #1 for five different weeks.

it’s just disappointing to see how less D&R did, and I’m not sure why. maybe people just did not love the sound? I have seen some David Garcia production dislike. I just don’t think we can pass it off completely as a result of her age/career considering how well her last three albums did (CP, MG, MS). Of course, I have to be fair. Tim McGraw’s new album just came out at #17 on Country, 45 on Billboard, as opposed to Carrie’s 2/10. So Carrie did way, way better, and still pretty good honestly.

I guess I am just saying, I really hope we can have an album that streams/sells/connects a little better this era. And I’m not asking for it to be gigantic or any level at all like Wallen or Swift. I know that’s unrealistic lol

Last edited:

ChoctawCountyAffair

It's really disappointing to feel like the general public has moved on, but to be honest, the tour was super short, she wasn't on the public eye most of the time, the only thing that she posts on IG are vegetables (even on release week🙃), the promotion was non-existing, so it's not a surprise that basically no one knew she had an album out.
I want Carrie to do something different, i am not saying "stop being a country artist" but change producers, work with new people, try a new fresh sound.

adam1995

My take on D&R not doing well is this. All just my opinions.

First, MG did well because people have wanted a Christmas album from Carrie since she started. Christmas albums are also still pretty popular.

Second, albums sales obviously are still falling from when MG was released.

Third, Carrie is 40 now. As she gets older it will get harder. We know that and it shouldn't be confusing at this point. Streaming will be harder for her, she is not an artist that has ever benefited from streaming that is a younger artists game, so I think she has a ceiling in how much she can realitisically stream. People point to OOTT streaming well, but it's not even it the top 25 streaming country songs.

Fourth, D&R just wasn't a great sound, to be honest. It really didn't feel like classic Carrie. It sounded like Carrie doing 80s pop, and that's not what people connected to when she started. It strayed too far from what people knew, and I just don't think that risk paid off. There are good songs of course, but they just didn't always sound like her. The deluxe edition songs felt more Carrie than something like "Wanted Woman".

I'm fully on board with ditching David Garcia, at least when producing an entire album. A song or two here and there can be fine, but I think he just isn't taking her original music in a great direction.

CU4ever

Fourth, D&R just wasn't a great sound, to be honest. It really didn't feel like classic Carrie. It sounded like Carrie doing 80s pop, and that's not what people connected to when she started. It strayed too far from what people knew, and I just don't think that risk paid off. There are good songs of course, but they just didn't always sound like her. The deluxe edition songs felt more Carrie than something like "Wanted Woman".

I'm fully on board with ditching David Garcia, at least when producing an entire album. A song or two here and there can be fine, but I think he just isn't taking her original music in a great direction.
I have to agree with this completely. I still bop to many of the songs on D&R, but I can surely see why it wasn’t many fans’ style. As you said, it’s just not what people associate with Carrie and the sound she became famous for. I even saw some posters here not liking the sound of this album. It’s just not Classic Carrie. Furthermore, I agree the deluxe songs sound like Carrie more than the original. And it’s funny that OOTT is the only song really connecting in any way, because that is a song I have seen the general public, so not Carrie fans, saying they like and calling “classic Carrie”.

And this is a result of David Garcia. I have a friend who is a big Carrie fan and has been since 2005. She did not like any songs on CP, at all. On D&R she liked about half of them, but she said her favorite album was storyteller. She tells me all the time she wants Carrie to ditch David Garcia next era, as well.

that is something I think most of us can agree with. I think he had his moment but I’m ready for someone new. All his production sounds the same. And It really just seems like a lot of people - both fans and casual listeners- didn’t love the sound of this era, at all, leading to it not doing well. I just hope she’s not contracted to work with him for all a certain number of albums

adam1995

I have to agree with this completely. I still bop to many of the songs on D&R, but I can surely see why it wasn’t many fans’ style. As you said, it’s just not what people associate with Carrie and the sound she became famous for. I even saw some posters here not liking the sound of this album. It’s just not Classic Carrie. Furthermore, I agree the deluxe songs sound like Carrie more than the original. And it’s funny that OOTT is the only song really connecting in any way, because that is a song I have seen the general public, so not Carrie fans, saying they like and calling “classic Carrie”.

And this is a result of David Garcia. I have a friend who is a big Carrie fan and has been since 2005. She did not like any songs on CP, at all. On D&R she liked about half of them, but she said her favorite album was storyteller. She tells me all the time she wants Carrie to ditch David Garcia next era, as well.

that is something I think most of us can agree with. I think he had his moment but I’m ready for someone new. All his production sounds the same. And It really just seems like a lot of people - both fans and casual listeners- didn’t love the sound of this era, at all, leading to it not doing well. I just hope she’s not contracted to work with him for all a certain number of albums
Interestingly I feel CP was one of her strongest albums. Lyrically, there were phenomenal songs, and maybe that’s why it was really good to me. I could get over some of the production.

I mean “Low”, GOTS, “Spinning Bottles”, DA, great lyrics. Some of the best songs of her career.

LilUnderwood

I don’t think it’s been confirmed if she’s working on new music. I could see her maybe starting in January since we are getting into the holiday season soon

I really hope her next album is a mix of production like SDK, OOTT, Damage, and DAH. I love the deluxe tracks and so glad she did that! Also hope maybe we get more than 12 songs on her next album.

RenegadeChaser

I’d love to see Carrie push herself and try working with new people, but she just seems so comfortable : /

With that said, here are a few things she can do to help her chances at an uptick with the next album that don’t relate directly to her creative process:

- a high profile duet
- longer track list
- more promotion

CU4ever

I’d love to see Carrie push herself and try working with new people, but she just seems so comfortable : /

With that said, here are a few things she can do to help her chances at an uptick with the next album that don’t relate directly to her creative process:

- a high profile duet
- longer track list
- more promotion
Yes to all of these! These Would all really really help in every way possible. If we even got some of these, that would be amazing.

CU4ever

We'll be waiting until next year for the Carrie/Cody duet. It isn't on this album next month.
I actually kind of prefer this. Since it is on another album, they could give it a clear channel deal if released as a lead single like IIDLY making the start a bigger event/nosier.