Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

jamatthews83

You mean the half quote from the article?

However, while sharing a new update surrounding the project, the Texas native explained that they have decided to hold off on releasing this track and it may or may not appear on an upcoming, yet-to-be-announced deluxe album.

“I can neither confirm nor deny,” Johnson told Country Now when asked if the duet will appear on the extended project. “The deluxe edition that’s coming out is gonna have some really cool stuff on it and we decided to kind of wait. Her team has been very, very easy to work with and we’re trying to wait for the right time to reveal what we’ve done.”

Based on the full quote (plus common sense) I'm going to say it's on the 2nd half. But maybe I'll have egg on my face next year.

Reactions: Hil

adam1995

If it ended up not coming out, I can only imagine it would be from Carrie's side. Maybe she's working on new music and they would want all attention on that.

I feel we'll see it, Cody seemed pretty excited about it.

maddkat

Staff member
You mean the half quote from the article?

However, while sharing a new update surrounding the project, the Texas native explained that they have decided to hold off on releasing this track and it may or may not appear on an upcoming, yet-to-be-announced deluxe album.

“I can neither confirm nor deny,” Johnson told Country Now when asked if the duet will appear on the extended project. “The deluxe edition that’s coming out is gonna have some really cool stuff on it and we decided to kind of wait. Her team has been very, very easy to work with and we’re trying to wait for the right time to reveal what we’ve done.”

Based on the full quote (plus common sense) I'm going to say it's on the 2nd half. But maybe I'll have egg on my face next year.
no based of the full most recent quote which was the one I posted from Friday where it was stated it may or may not be on a future album.

adam1995

Do you think they might be saving the Cody/Carrie duet for Carrie's next album? Maybe the lead?
No, if it was a Cody Johnson song that they asked Carrie to be apart of they aren't going to just let her put it on her album. I don't think that ever happens. There are instances where duets will appear on both artists albums, but an artist that originated the duet wouldn't just give it to the other artist and leave them with nothing.

Zach1998

Highly doubt it’s in limbo tbh. I think what happened is Cody put his foot in his mouth by sharing about it too soon, and they’re trying to keep a surprise factor around it, by being all, who knows if it’ll happen.

They most likely want attention to stay on his current single, and Leather Part 1, then focus on the duet when the duet is good to be released (after The Painter and OOTT peak.)

I kind of would rather her release the duet over going straight into new music. The duet is almost a guaranteed hit, and given Cody’s industry cloud, in addition to Carrie’s name, feels like it’s just going to be huge. It would provide her some needed momentum before going into her next project, after this lackluster era.

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

Highly doubt it’s in limbo tbh. I think what happened is Cody put his foot in his mouth by sharing about it too soon, and they’re trying to keep a surprise factor around it, by being all, who knows if it’ll happen.

They most likely want attention to stay on his current single, and Leather Part 1, then focus on the duet when the duet is good to be released (after The Painter and OOTT peak.)

I kind of would rather her release the duet over going straight into new music. The duet is almost a guaranteed hit, and given Cody’s industry cloud, in addition to Carrie’s name, feels like it’s just going to be huge. It would provide her some needed momentum before going into her next project, after this lackluster era.
In theory that sounds great but isn’t that what we thought with If I Didn’t Love You leading into the D&R era??? Hopefully this one will be different though!

jamatthews83

Nope, very few of her solo singles from here on out are going to reach #61 on the Hot 100, or 20 weeks on the Hot 100, or 2 weeks on the Country Streaming chart. Her last 2 singles failed to even reach the Hot 100.

adam1995

Nope, very few of her solo singles from here on out are going to reach #61 on the Hot 100, or 20 weeks on the Hot 100, or 2 weeks on the Country Streaming chart. Her last 2 singles failed to even reach the Hot 100.
Tend to agree. There can still be one offs that connect better, but it's a different phase of her career. People just truly need to adjust expectations and accept that she will not ever race to #1 again, that she won't be jumping 10+ spots on the charts each week anymore, She won't be selling 200,000+ albums in a single week anymore, and other things that used to be her standard. It just isn't that phase or environment for her anymore.

rcramer

^^^ totally agree. and with the current state of the charts and streaming and all, it is what it is....

Where she is in her career, most today would love to be where she is and will they get there.... Well, time will tell.... Carrie is at legendary status and still current and holds the Queen title.

CU4ever

OOTT hasn’t reached hot 100… yet. If it continues to climb for another five months, it absolutely will. Many songs don’t reach that until around 20

adam1995

^I think the fact that it hasn't ever reached the Hot 100 at this point, kind of proves it isn't streaming as well as people are claiming. It's streaming ok, but not great.

CU4ever

^I think the fact that it hasn't ever reached the Hot 100 at this point, kind of proves it isn't streaming as well as people are claiming. It's streaming ok, but not great.
That’s true, but aside from Morgan, Luke, etc, that’s not super unusual. I think people are just excited since it’s connecting more than anything has in a while. For instance, it made HCS chart super early and HMH never did. It would probably still be on there but for the last three months, there have been about 15+ songs at any given time from Taylor Swift or Zach Bryan on the chart

But I feel like it is noteworthy to say it still is streaming better than a lot of songs that radio is currently on track to take to #1

Zach1998

In theory that sounds great but isn’t that what we thought with If I Didn’t Love You leading into the D&R era??? Hopefully this one will be different though!
She had momentum, it was her single choices after she established momentum with IIDLY that was the issue. Neither GS or HMH connected in any big way. Had she followed IIDLY with something like Crazy Angels, it would be a different narrative, as I’ve seen the narrative around GS rather mixed, and pretty much in agreement on it’s a good song, but not something you’d start out a “fun” era with.

Zach1998

I do think that being able to enter the hot 100 is extremely difficult now, given streaming. I think I remember reading that a larger portion of the hot 100 is from streaming, which really doesn’t do Carrie any favors since she’s never been strong there.

I wouldn’t feel too bad though, all of the artists from her era have struggled just as much of not more than Carrie. Dierks Bentley has always been rather reliable at radio, and his current single, that was released a couple weeks after OOTT just now entered the Mediabase top 50 (and that’s following a #1 single.)

CU4ever

I wouldn’t feel too bad though, all of the artists from her era have struggled just as much of not more than Carrie. Dierks Bentley has always been rather reliable at radio, and his current single, that was released a couple weeks after OOTT just now entered the Mediabase top 50 (and that’s following a #1 single.)
I think it's partially a UMG thing, honestly. Dierks is on UMG and then there are artists also on there, such as Tyler Hubbard, who is following two huge hits, and his current single is doing worse than OOTT is this week.