Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

monkeyboy16

I think the lack of promo for D&R was mutually intentional by Carrie and the label. Unpopular opinion, but I think that whole situation of liking that republican guys video about masks brought a lot of negative attention and I think they were just keeping a low profile to avoid being questioned and with the hope that people would forget and move on. I bet next era will be different.

montdu39

I think the reason things move so slow is because RADIO chart runs are so slow and long now. If you want your single to go to #1 (or even top 10), you have to wait it out on the charts for a year or more. It’s ridiculous.

CU4ever

I'd really like the album to sound more like OOTT and Crazy Angels. It sounds really good and has her signature sound she kind of strayed from a lot recently, and I think there's a reason those two connected better than most of the album. Very radio friendly and general public friendly songs

Momin

With Carrie doing so many amazing traditional styled tribute performances on award shows + her gospel album, the time for a traditional sounding record was ripe - and I think it was a missed opportunity. D&R sounds like a record she definitely desired to make - and I'm all for her doing that. But perhaps the chronology and timing for it was misplaced.

Zach1998

Carrie girl. I don’t know if you ever stop by here anymore, but if you do, please give us another album era as innovative and well thought out as Blown Away. Monumental single after monumental single, perfect visuals from the videos, and great promo.

We know you have nothing to prove anymore, but I think we all just want to see at least one more album, make absolute sound waves across the genre.

adam1995

I think the lack of promo for D&R was mutually intentional by Carrie and the label. Unpopular opinion, but I think that whole situation of liking that republican guys video about masks brought a lot of negative attention and I think they were just keeping a low profile to avoid being questioned and with the hope that people would forget and move on. I bet next era will be different.
In my opinion, there’s no way Carrie liking a harmless post that people made into issue played into their promo strategy. No one really cares about something like that.

I don’t know what the overall reason for less promo was, but I have to imagine it was Carrie. She wants to be with her kids and we should all get that. But, the album did suffer for it. That and the fact that the public just didn’t connect with it.

She needs a new sound, leaning into a more country sound. Hell, if Beyoncé claims she going country, Carrie shouldn’t be moving away from it. She needs the new sound and a new writing and production team for the album. Just my opinion.

CU4ever

I can understand Carrie wanting to do less promo, but I guess I don't really get it. Mainly because she only releases an album once every 3-4 years, so I would like to think she might be okay with taking a couple months out of that time to do promo. I mean, she's okay with going on tour (albeit a smaller one), where she is on the bus every night away from home, so I would like to think she would also be okay with doing more promo before that. I feel like she did more promo for Cry Pretty even though she was pregnant.

I do agree D&R didn't connect though. Storyteller was super successful, maybe one of her most country sounds, and I'd really love another album that sounds like that. Smoke Break and Heartbeat are some of my favorite songs of hers, ever. I really hope she doesn't work with David Garcia again.

Last edited:

rcramer

I
In my opinion, there’s no way Carrie liking a harmless post that people made into issue played into their promo strategy. No one really cares about something like that.

I don’t know what the overall reason for less promo was, but I have to imagine it was Carrie. She wants to be with her kids and we should all get that. But, the album did suffer for it. That and the fact that the public just didn’t connect with it.

She needs a new sound, leaning into a more country sound. Hell, if Beyoncé claims she going country, Carrie shouldn’t be moving away from it. She needs the new sound and a new writing and production team for the album. Just my opinion.

I totally agree she needs a more leaning country sound.... Carrie would kill it there....

Well Beyonce' has made it into country.... I think she is already on the billboard charts.... LOL....

rcramer

I can understand Carrie wanting to do less promo, but I guess I don't really get it. Mainly because she only releases an album once every 3-4 years, so I would like to think she might be okay with taking a couple months out of that time to do promo. I mean, she's okay with going on tour (albeit a smaller one), where she is on the bus every night away from home, so I would like to think she would also be okay with doing more promo before that. I feel like she did more promo for Cry Pretty even though she was pregnant.

I do agree D&R didn't connect though. Storyteller was super successful, maybe one of her most country sounds, and I'd really love another album that sounds like that. Smoke Break and Heartbeat are some of my favorite songs of hers, ever. I really hope she doesn't work with David Garcia again.
Smoke break was also one of my favorites of hers. and I liked the video to that as well....

CU4ever

Is there a way to tell new co-writes registered at ASCAP from old ones? I was looking through Carrie's co-writes, and there are a lot I don't recognize, but I'm not sure if they're just unused songs from the last few eras.

Zach1998

This won't happen. But since we bring it up almost every album cycle I thought I'd bring it up again lol.

If she decided to finally cut "Oklahoma Wind" with a more stripped back country production, similar to the demo, I feel like it would make soundwaves across the general public who hasn't heard it yet. And made the next era a more simple country look, rather than the glitz and glam of the past two eras. I feel like that is her best bet to reignite the public's interest.

I really don't know why she doesn't reach back into her back catalog of songs she's wrote (even ones she wrote under Sony) and record some of the gems that were left on the cutting room floor. Because that song in particular is MILES better than some of the duds that have been making her recent albums (heck even better than the singles.) I can only imagine some of the other songs that were left in the vault.

CU4ever

I just really want Carrie to have an interest in her music career again. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like it doesn’t excite her very much anymore. Maybe I can understand that, because it does seem like a lot of artists - both pop and country- do often stop making music eventually or venture into other fields such as acting. But as a fan, I can definitely tell she doesn’t seem as excited anymore and the D&R era was so quiet/kind of boring. Even the Cry Pretty era, was a ton of fun.

I would like to hope Carrie is taking this time to enjoy her garden before planning an era with a ton of events, promo, and great music. But I’m worried that won’t happen. If nothing more, I want a change for her next album. No more David Garcia, and a less autotuned/pop album. Because looking back, I feel Cry Pretty/D&R sound really similar, and a third album like that would just be “meh”. I’d like her to go back to her old sound, of songs like Last Name or Cowboy Casanova, etc. But if she doesn’t, a more country sounding album like Storyteller (which connected SO well with the general public) would be really appreciated.

_luvqry

This won't happen. But since we bring it up almost every album cycle I thought I'd bring it up again lol.

If she decided to finally cut "Oklahoma Wind" with a more stripped back country production, similar to the demo, I feel like it would make soundwaves across the general public who hasn't heard it yet. And made the next era a more simple country look, rather than the glitz and glam of the past two eras. I feel like that is her best bet to reignite the public's interest.

I really don't know why she doesn't reach back into her back catalog of songs she's wrote (even ones she wrote under Sony) and record some of the gems that were left on the cutting room floor. Because that song in particular is MILES better than some of the duds that have been making her recent albums (heck even better than the singles.) I can only imagine some of the other songs that were left in the vault.
What about Paint? I still remember someone on Pulse saying it was one of her best songs.

rangers73

I actually think Damage, Drunk & Hungover, Give Her That and OOTT are some of her best songs in her entire career. I love them. I like her mid-tempo melodic songs the most.
I agree don’t know why their not streaming higher they are great songs