Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

CU4ever

I wonder how many singles they plan to do off this part/when we can expect part 2 and the Carrie duet. If they plan to go 4 singles it could be a while but they could stop After two, but I don’t see them just doing one

Zach1998

I prefer the duet being on Part II of the album. I want all focus from radio on anything Carrie related to be on OOTT, and I feel like if we had a duet just floating around then radio might start giving it unsolicited airplay.

As far as CU8 goes, I don't want to see David Garcia on it at all. He's very hit or miss for me. There's a reason that Carrie is the only notable person he's producing. I stand by "Storyteller" is her best album to date. I wouldn't mind seeing her work with Jay Joyce again. Ideally, I'd love Mark Bright back, but I think he might have retired. I think the public really is gunning for a more traditional sound from her, maybe a 90s country sound. Or if all else fails, as we seen by how "Out of That Truck" has connected, the public seems like they would still fully embrace her signature 2000s contemporary country sound.

I'd also love different writers, and for the best songs to win, when making the album. I really don't know how some of the songs on the standard edition of D&R made the cut, over the deluxe edition tracks. I've been a fan of her new co writes with Lydia Vaughn, so I wouldn't mind seeing her come back. Again, no more David lol, I saw his name on too many D&R songs lol, and maybe tone Hilary Lindsey back just a little.

CU4ever

I prefer the duet being on Part II of the album. I want all focus from radio on anything Carrie related to be on OOTT, and I feel like if we had a duet just floating around then radio might start giving it unsolicited airplay.

As far as CU8 goes, I don't want to see David Garcia on it at all. He's very hit or miss for me. There's a reason that Carrie is the only notable person he's producing. I stand by "Storyteller" is her best album to date. I wouldn't mind seeing her work with Jay Joyce again. Ideally, I'd love Mark Bright back, but I think he might have retired. I think the public really is gunning for a more traditional sound from her, maybe a 90s country sound. Or if all else fails, as we seen by how "Out of That Truck" has connected, the public seems like they would still fully embrace her signature 2000s contemporary country sound.

I'd also love different writers, and for the best songs to win, when making the album. I really don't know how some of the songs on the standard edition of D&R made the cut, over the deluxe edition tracks. I've been a fan of her new co writes with Lydia Vaughn, so I wouldn't mind seeing her come back. Again, no more David lol, I saw his name on too many D&R songs lol, and maybe tone Hilary Lindsey back just a little.
Yes, to all of this.

I appreciate some of the sounds David Garcia made, but I have had enough. In my opinion, he adds way too much autotune to Carrie's voice. She doesn't need it, I've heard her live. But some songs there were times he made her almost sound robotic for some lines. But yeah, I too really want Mark Bright and Jay Joyce back, a lot. Storyteller has aged the best for me with Carrie's music and there's a reason why that album did so well. It was four hit singles and it all sounded so good.

I have found over the years, I really, really love the sound Mark brought to Something in the Water. I think if David Garcia produced that it would have been too pop sounding. I'd like Carrie to produce with Jay Joyce again because, while I liked Blown Away, nothing really tops Storyteller's sound for me.

CU4ever

I also really want Carrie to write with Zach Crowell again. He produced one of my all time favorite Carrie songs (Heartbeat). Over the years, I have found that one has remained a favorite of mine. It has such a glossy production without venturing into a too pop-y sound or losing Carrie's signature sound. It's just really well done, for me at least. I love that one. I really need Carrie to work with him again lol

countrymusicfan15

Ok so I have no idea why this popped in my head tonight but it literally blows my mind whenever I think about it lol so I’m a huge Saints fan (even have a Saints tattoo) and obviously the biggest Carrie fan…and Carrie sang the National Anthem the year the Saints won the Super Bowl!! lol 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Zach1998

Yes, to all of this.

I appreciate some of the sounds David Garcia made, but I have had enough. In my opinion, he adds way too much autotune to Carrie's voice. She doesn't need it, I've heard her live. But some songs there were times he made her almost sound robotic for some lines. But yeah, I too really want Mark Bright and Jay Joyce back, a lot. Storyteller has aged the best for me with Carrie's music and there's a reason why that album did so well. It was four hit singles and it all sounded so good.

I have found over the years, I really, really love the sound Mark brought to Something in the Water. I think if David Garcia produced that it would have been too pop sounding. I'd like Carrie to produce with Jay Joyce again because, while I liked Blown Away, nothing really tops Storyteller's sound for me.
I think Blown Away had 4 monumental hit singles which made the era iconic, and there were still some great album tracks left (DYTAM, WAW, GIG) but some of the other tracks were just bad.

Storyteller just had the “it” factor for me. I think it could’ve had 4 monumental singles if they chose a different first two singles. But the album as a whole nothing is bad to me. Even the weakest link, CDS, still sounded interesting with the production, even if the lyrics weren’t strong.

montdu39

I like David Garcia and Carrie’s production. It’s fresh, innovative, interesting! Mark Bright was ok but I found that he didn’t bring anything new to the table - just typical country sound that every producer does well.

I don’t think the issue is the production, but rather the choices Carrie is making to sound a tad more pop than country. I personally love it, but it seems a lot of fans want that more traditional country sound back.

monkeyboy16

For me, it’s just the songwriting. Songs like Ghost Story and OOTT are great, but it’s the same theme. Carrie is seemingly in a happy marriage, so for me, it gets kinda old hearing the same story type song about a bad relationship. She needs to be more personal. Not a Kelsea fan but her newest album definitely elevated her to the next level with how personal it was. Carrie certainly doesn’t have to take it to that level, but she can mix up the themes of her songs

CU4ever

I think Blown Away had 4 monumental hit singles which made the era iconic, and there were still some great album tracks left (DYTAM, WAW, GIG) but some of the other tracks were just bad.

Storyteller just had the “it” factor for me. I think it could’ve had 4 monumental singles if they chose a different first two singles. But the album as a whole nothing is bad to me. Even the weakest link, CDS, still sounded interesting with the production, even if the lyrics weren’t strong.
I think this explains it well. When I look back on the Blown Away album, it just has a sort of dark aesthetic/vibe to it and while that was a nice idea, for me, it didn't age well. Storyteller was much brighter and a lot of fun to me which is why I'd like to see Jay Joyce produce again.

I personally really loved the singles from Storyteller as well. I'm probably in the minority, but I sort of prefer Heartbeat & Smoke Break > Church Bells & Dirty Laundry. That album just really connected so well with the general public, with sales, streaming, on radio, and even all tested super well

maddkat

Staff member
the duet with Cody is in limbo
Exclusive Update
However, while sharing a new update surrounding the project, the Texas native explained that they have decided to hold off on releasing this track and it may or may not appear on an upcoming, yet-to-be-announced deluxe album

rcramer

^^^ so agree…. He is one of the total standouts for current men in country. not only can he sing but so authentic to country….