Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

teesharky

Kind of related, but here are some more holiday special ratings if you're interested: Michael Buble's special got 5 million viewers and a 1.3 rating. Celine Dion's got 4.9 million viewers and a 0.6 rating. Kelly's got 5.3 million not too long ago. Carrie's holiday special from 2009 got 8.1 million (there obviously are other factors involved, but it's pretty evident that at least with the show type as a constant - holiday specials, the show with Carrie's involvement drew the biggest crowd). And of course we know how The Sound of Music Live! did, ratings-wise.

And Taylor's Thanksgiving special got 4 million I think. lol Lady Gaga's special got 3.8 million or something.

So yeah, Carrie slays. (smile)

opry051008

ugh. tx for the warning . My EW has not arrived in the mail yet.

At least she did not make the Worst of list. But this is the second time the Bullseye trashed her. They trashed her for her Beatles cover at the Emmys too. Those people who do the page must not like Carrie very must. They seem to leave TS alone and always target Carrie.

Naturally they did not mention Carrie's superb singing in SOM. They just focused on the acting. That is getting really frustrating.

If you are going to critique Carrie for SOM-- at least be honest and fair. Mention her strengths- singing and dancing- and the weak spots.

These snarky pricks only focus on the weak spot and ignore all the wonderful things she accomplished in SOM.

Hate them.

You had to look all the way to the back page to see the small bulls-eye on Carrie, but look where she's placed on the front cover of the magazine. : )

Anyway, it's only a very short comment so they aren't going to talk about all the other stuff like her singing and she's in good company. Can you imagine that even Beyonce is in the bull-eye section for her new album.

opry051008

^ but wasn't Beyonce's mention positive? lol

Actually I can't remember. lol. I was just glancing at some of the other bulls-eyes and they were negative so I assumed that Beyonce's was too. My bad. I can't check because I left the magazine on the rack, I didn't let the magazine sucker me into buying it just because Carrie was on the cover. Now if they'd said something nice, I would have bought it. lol.

But Carrie does top Beyonce on the picture cover placement. : )

opry051008

I don't know why but I just love this statement.

For us, the first big thing was getting Carrie, and, so once we had Carrie - we knew how important casting that part was and getting Carrie

I guess this is why the hiss is still in the DVD.

We finished the broadcast that night and we had to have the entire DVD assembled by 7 AM the next morning

Claire2004

^^This is my favorite:

NM: I think that when you have something with as big an audience as we luckily had for it, people are going to have a lot of opinions. It's just the world that we live in. As for Craig and myself? We couldn't have been happier with Carrie. We are very, very proud of her and we stand behind the choice of her casting - everyone on our team, including the Rodgers & Hammerstein people, are totally, totally thrilled with Carrie and her performance.

opry051008

^^ I think that's one thing that we forget.... there was so much hate on twitter because there were so many people watching. If no one watched, very few would have even cared.

Claire2004

She received hate mail at home. Unbelievable. There's really something wrong with our society. : (

Agree. Imagine taking the time to compose and send hate mail to someone you don't even know personally, about something that is not even crucial in the grand scheme of things. Instead of wasting time composing hate mails, just spend that precious time looking for jobs or doing something charitable.

opry051008

Personally, I think it is in the best interest of Julie Andrews and Carrie Underwood that Julie stay mum. She is in an imposible position. Regardless of what she says or doesn't say, those who have done nothing but whine and complain will continue to do so. Julie is a classy, smart lady and recognizes a ' no-win' situation. Plus I don't think she wants to get involved in these shenanigans and any comment she makes will simply stir the pot.....again.
I say let it go quietly.

I just found out that Julie Andrews' voice is permanently damaged so she can't sing anymore. I think that not only does she not want to get involved, SOM is probably a sensitive subject for her as it was her peak and her legacy.

Julie Andrews' Throat Surgery - Oprah.com

sco

Great article! Thanks Ann.

She received hate mail at home. Unbelievable. There's really something wrong with our society. : (

I'm not sure I believe that report. How would people even know her home address?

The article however is well written and very insightful. I really hope Carrie sees it.

I'm not sure I believe that report. How would people even know her home address?

Yeah, that article linked said he heard about Carrie getting sent hate mail from "recent news reports"...pretty sure if a legitimate source reported on something like that we would have already found the report.

Ann055

While that is fair (and we don't know that nor I'm assuming does the writer), that is not why I posted the article. Other than that small part (including a few others mentioned in that portion of the article who others here on this site may not agree with their positions on various things) - that is NOT why I posted the blog. Maybe I should have so stated before posting.

In any event, in my opinion, with that exception, I thought people might enjoy reading the blog. (smiley)

Ann055

My apologies Ann. You are correct that it was a vey well written and insightful article.

That's ok and I appreciate that. The contention on this site in the past numerous months is the reason I stopped posting. It gets really hard to post things & then people tear it apart because I tried very hard to not post anything that people would be upset about - learned that when I posted a negative review of BA when it came out & I WILL NEVER post anything like that again here (the fallout on that was enough for a lifetime).

Probably just me right now (although not prior to my Dad passing away a month ago)...but right now, I probably just took that wrong. I apologize -- little difficult right now for me. Thanks again sco!!! (smiley)

P.S. sco: I wasn't referring to you about my perceived 'contention' - I just wanted to make that clear to you, my friend.