Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

maddkat

Staff member
^ I loved BBB. Not a big starring part for JL though.
Can't wait to see who they cast in the starring roles.

Looking forward to Ed Sullivan , Ed Sullivan....Eeeeedddddddd Sullivan!! lol

ethelu

^ I loved BBB. Not a big starring part for JL though.
Can't wait to see who they cast in the starring roles.

Looking forward to Ed Sullivan , Ed Sullivan....Eeeeedddddddd Sullivan!! lol

Eeeeedddddddd Sullivan!! Love it!

I've not seen the stage version, but in the movie the part of Rosie is more of an acting part. There is that dance in the movie that Janet Leigh does with the guys wearing fezzes. I can totally see JL doing that.

ethelu

Craig Zadan Retweeted
The Sound of Music ‏@SoundofMusic 3h3 hours ago
#FlashbackFriday to three years ago when the cast of the #SoundOfMusicLive were getting ready for the live broadcast on @nbc! #SoundOfMusic
Carrie Underwood, Rodgers&Hammerstein, The Sound of Music and 5 others

There were also some pics from the rehearsal of SOML attached, but I don't know how to post pics from twitter.

maddkat

Staff member
^right click on the pic and hit copy image, then paste it into your post

I always loved this one
CyrhzlXXAAEZDob.jpg

Mirasa45A

Craig Zadan Retweeted
The Sound of Music ‏@SoundofMusic 3h3 hours ago
#FlashbackFriday to three years ago when the cast of the #SoundOfMusicLive were getting ready for the live broadcast on @nbc! #SoundOfMusic
Carrie Underwood, Rodgers&Hammerstein, The Sound of Music and 5 others

There were also some pics from the rehearsal of SOML attached, but I don't know how to post pics from twitter.

They are always looking back to this event in TV history because this was a Special event in television history -- and Carrie Underwood was the Main Star !. Thank you again, Carrie, for this event.

ethelu

They are always looking back to this event in TV history because this was a Special event in television history -- and Carrie Underwood was the Main Star !. Thank you again, Carrie, for this event.

I still have SOML in my DVR from last December. It's funny, there is an ad for Carrie's Storyteller tour coming to San Antonio in my recording of SOML. I love that.

I wonder if they will show SOML again this year? I hope they do, but the replay didn't get great ratings last year. I'm thinking they might show The Wiz instead, since it had good ratings last year.

I'm looking forward to Hairspray next week, but I know SOML will always be my favorite.

hjj

The production team have learn and improved so much over each yr. I also think the competition from the other broadcasts have made NBC up their game. If SOML would have had more rehearsal time It could have been even better. I marvel how Carrie got through it with only one complete rehearsal. She is such a professional. Many people would had crumble under that pressure. They put a lot of faith in a novice to be able to carry a show and she did it.

Curr

Hairspray is the first live musical I'm truly excited for since TSOML! Love the play and the commercials look great! I enjoyed Grease Live but it did seem a bit different (more movie-like) than NBC's live productions.

pklongbeach

Its pretty staggering!

I still think you can not compare what that team accomplished by doing it the way they did it and under the time constraints they had. I agree that if they did it now knowing everything that was learned, it might have had more polish. But the true nature of that "tightrope" Live experience would be lost. Watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show had almost no energy to it what so ever. IT was just a very polished spectacle. Not anything like SOML. I am still so proud of her for saying "yes" and then setting the bar so high for herself and for all others to come!!

DaisyTweets

I agree with you, Paddy! She was/is one brave lady to say YES to such a scary thing. The thing that bothers me about all the so called 'live' shows since SOML, is that none of them have been truly live like SOML was. Each production since has had some taped stuff that on the night of the live show they've sang along to or used in the show. And from what I've read even the show on Wednesday is going to use some pretaped stuff during the 'live' show.

I think its cool though that SOML is still the most watched production. Carrie is such a trailblazer!!!!!

Last edited:

ethelu

Sophia Anne Caruso ‏@SOPHIANNECARUSO 4h4 hours ago
Sophia Anne Caruso Retweeted Sophia Anne Caruso
couldn't resist a #WayBackWednesday from The first @nbc #LiveMusical @SoundofMusic BAL tonight @HairsprayLive Thanks @neilmeron Xo #BrigittaSophia Anne Caruso added,

Sophia Anne Caruso @SOPHIANNECARUSO
Mr Naughty and Miss Nice @SoundofMusic @NBCSmash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbUOuMeIEAEYYXd.jpg:large

Hoping the cast of Hairspray breaks a leg tonight. Less than 2 hours away. they must be so nervous.