Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

ethelu

Thank you so much! I love that this thread is still going. He is right - a big hats off to Carrie for having the guts to do what she did in TSOML.

You're so welcome. Now, I'm in the mood to watch SOML, again. I would love to hear Carrie talk about it, not the horrible twitter stuff, but what the experience was like, rehearsing and working with the actors, and going live. Maybe someday.

Smokyiiis

Yep we're getting to the season where they normally show it over and over. I'll watch again too. I also have the DVD....teehee

DaisyTweets

Wow, that gave me goose bumps reading that. And yes, hat off to Carrie. Because she was brave and said yes, look at what it started. I dare say we wouldn't have seen the revival of the live production for tv had there not been a Carrie and her Maria and TSOML.

And I don't care what any haters want to say, I LOVED Carrie's Maria -- warm, gentle, meek, kind, feisty and funny! And a killer voice -- loved her voice singing those oh so familiar songs!!!!

ethelu

Yep we're getting to the season where they normally show it over and over. I'll watch again too. I also have the DVD....teehee

I have the DVD and have it on DVR, too. I love the DVR because there is a commercial for Carrie's Storyteller Tour on it. Since NBC doesn't have a live musical for December 2017, I wonder if they might show SOML, again?

lizcarlo

I love SOML as well. I always watch it at least every year around Christmas. Its like tradition. Everyone did such fantastic job. Love hearing Carrie beautiful voice sing the classics. In fact I am in mood to watch it. I also like the soundtrack as well.

Kizmet311

I need to watch it with my daughter again. She loves and recognizes Carrie now. I sing My Favorite Things to her at bedtime sometimes and when we play the song in the house, it's always the Carrie and Audra version, lol.

Smokyiiis

Makes me wonder what all the mistakes are. I know of the one with the German officer but didn’t remember any others. Must have tuned them out. LOL

ethelu

I keep hoping they'll show SOML, again, this December, but I haven't heard anything, yet. I really need them to, because the other day, my DVR got too full and deleted SOML. I can still play the DVD, but it's more trouble if I'm just in the mood to watch certain parts.

By the way, for those who like musicals, PBS is airing the Broadway adaptation of Holiday Inn, tonight. It's supposed to be all the same songs as in the movie.

pklongbeach

Makes me wonder what all the mistakes are. I know of the one with the German officer but didn’t remember any others. Must have tuned them out. LOL
Carrie trips and almost rolls down stage! ha ha ha......that terrified me. Great recovery though.

And I know the Baroness steps on her dress also. Not sure of any other issues.

pklongbeach

I am not sure A Christmas Story would work that well live. The things I like most about it are the absurdity of the situations that they find themselves in. It requires the "on location" shots that they did that created authenticity. Without that it is just a bunch of Christmassy tableaus all mixed together. Just not sure it would be that entertaining on stage.

ethelu

Carrie trips and almost rolls down stage! ha ha ha......that terrified me. Great recovery though.

And I know the Baroness steps on her dress also. Not sure of any other issues.

There was also when the Admiral forgot his lines. At the time, I thought it was Stephen Moyer who forgot his, because he repeated his line a couple of times, but he was giving the Admiral a cue.

txacar

I am not sure A Christmas Story would work that well live. The things I like most about it are the absurdity of the situations that they find themselves in. It requires the "on location" shots that they did that created authenticity. Without that it is just a bunch of Christmassy tableaus all mixed together. Just not sure it would be that entertaining on stage.

It is on Broadway every year Nov. thru Dec. and there is a touring company, as well. Musical will never replace the movie, which has one of the most authentic sets I've ever seen. When I was a young child we had the same stove, refrigerator, kitchen table for everyday meals, and every little boy I knew wanted a bb gun. We had a similar radio and listened to Jack Armstrong - All American Boy, Buster Brown, etc., and fell for the same commercial tricks as Ralphie's secret code. I look forward to the live production, but will continue with our tradition of watching the movie every year.

Louisa

Happy 4th Anniversary to the Sound of Music Live! Hard to believe it has been that long. I might watch the DVD again over Christmas.

maddkat

Staff member
4 years ago today, I was as nervous as all get out for Carrie.I so wanted her to do well.She ended up doing more then just well,she did magnificently well

but seems so much longer ago

Smokyiiis

Good Lord I think we were all so darn excited and nervous at the same time that we couldn't get any work done! I know that I sure was!