Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

maddkat

Staff member
no idea when it goes to radio but Carrie is singing it on the CMAs

chart runs:
Billboard airplay: debuts 11/11 at #50 , 45, 40, 42, 38, 38, 35, 35, 34, 32, 31,32, 29,29, 26, 26, 27, 24,23,21,19, 16,14 ,13,13,12, 11, 11,13, 14,15 ,16, recurrent

mediabase: debuts 11/17 at #45 , 43 , 39, 39,38 , 38, 37, 37, 33, 32,31, 31,32, 29, 27,26,25,23,21, 18,16 ,16,14,12,11,10,10,10, 9,10, 10, 15, 20 , recurrent

canada: #46 , 43, 44, 36, 39, 38,38, 35, 37,38,37,33,35, 31,32,32, 32,31,30,29,31,34,35, recurrent

Last edited:

CU4ever

I’m really curious as to how this will do. I honestly could see it being a number one or another LW. Radio is just so hard to predict.

mbh

no idea when it goes to radio but Carrie is singing it on the CMAs

AWESOME!!! Then it is Carrie's FOURTH SINGLE. I do not care about Carrie's Chart Performance - she does not need to prove anything now - JUST SHOW TO THE WORLD how WONDERFUL the song "Drinking Alone" is. But, this song has a "Before He Cheats" vibe to me.

Smokyiiis

AWESOME!!! Then it is Carrie's FOURTH SINGLE. I do not care about Carrie's Chart Performance - she does not need to prove anything now - JUST SHOW TO THE WORLD how WONDERFUL the song "Drinking Alone" is. But, this song has a "Before He Cheats" vibe to me.

I'm thinking more of an "After He Cheats" vibe.....

CrazyAboutCarrie

Love this song. So happy it will be the 4th Single...BUT....I want a 5th single from the Album...and a 6th....and a. SO MANY GOOD SONGS!!

jaymiee

Here's to hoping a killer music video will be released for this masterpiece! I mean they should definitely have some cash on hand after her tour so no need for any concert footage

Farawayhills

I don't actually read this as a cheating song at all. The lyric contains lines like "my heart may be breaking" , and "make me forget that he's gone". So it seems to be more of a break-up song. Carrie's cheating songs have tended to focus on a revenge theme - something she's become quite identified with. This is more of a recovery theme - the drinking, and sharing the mood with the stranger, are devices helping the narrator to move on. It's a more reflective, realistic, and, arguably, more mature theme than the revenge one. So, for me, it represents relatively new ground for Carrie. (She wrote it with her co-producer, David Garcia, and with Brett James, who's worked with her before and had three tracks on Storyteller. On reflection, I think it's possible she had this in mind as a potential single all along)

CU4ever

Will a radio version have to be made/released? DA is roughly 4:30 long, while most songs seem to be 3 minutes to 3 and a half

maddkat

Staff member
DA is 4:19 so not that long but the whole last 20 seconds are just an outtro so they could just cut it if they chose.

maddkat

Staff member
just sent to radio

does no wedding ring= real video cap?

EH__ahLW4AA2yG5

CU4ever

When’s the official ad date?

edit: apparently it’s impacting immediately! So let’s hope we see it in the top 50 by next Sunday : P