Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

CarrieAddicted

It would be a crime not to. This song was made to crossover.

Yes, but Carrie's label and team are too afraid to risk anything new. DA doesn't need any remix AT ALL - it's a pure crossover smash the way it is, so she wouldn't be "a pop sellout" or whatever if they sent it to pop/ac radios.

Just send the song the way it is to other formats and promote it, like they did back in the golden days of Some Hearts.

Anyway... I don't expect anything big from her team anymore. Just make DA #1 at country radio and call it quits. See? Not even expecting a Billboard #1 anymore, after so many disapointments.

jaymiee

Did they send Before he Cheats to other formats? Like actually sent and promoted it? What others If any? It would be a dream if they sent DA but I highly doubt it since Carrie strictly wants to stick to country

txacar

Did they send Before he Cheats to other formats? Like actually sent and promoted it? What others If any? It would be a dream if they sent DA but I highly doubt it since Carrie strictly wants to stick to country

Joe Galante sent it to pop but they refused to play it without remixing. He got the last laugh when it crossed over naturally.

I'm hopeful DA will do the same.

FanSince04

DA up to #64... I tried comparing its position to other country songs on iTunes Top 200. Technically they are all out of order, so maybe my understanding is wrong. The good news is it keeps rising quickly!!!!

CarrieAddicted

Yeah, I'm thinking if they aren't sending it to other formats, it's because...she. doesn't. want. to!

In all of her career, the only thing she *did* say she wasn't willing to do was remixing her songs so that they'd be played in other formats.
She also did say she'd be OK if her songs were played in other formats in their original versions.

That being said, claiming that "they don't send it to other formats because Carrie doesn't want to" is making her responsable for things that happen in the background, and that's far from being true.

There are *many* things in her career that she doesn't control, and I'm pretty sure radio strategy is one of those things.

adam1995

^K. But if she isn't comfortable with promoting to other formats, then I'd imagine her label would respect that. She did move labels to have more freedom, so while we don't necessarily know what all of that freedom is, it's not far-fetched to believe she may have more decision making power than you give her credit for.

CarrieAddicted

^K. But if she isn't comfortable with promoting to other formats, then I'd imagine her label would respect that. She did move labels to have more freedom, so while we don't necessarily know what all of that freedom is, it's not far-fetched to believe she may have more decision making power than you give her credit for.

It's indeed not far-fetched to believe that, but taking a simple look at how the music business works, I'd say she was given full freedom in the creative process of things, which is what I understood from the press release at the time - and what many artists long.

Now, in the marketing process too? I'd hope so, but somehow I don't see that, sorry. She has way too many other important things to oversee in her career.

maddkat

Staff member
agree with this. Carrie seems to have much more control over everything in her career with the move to UMG

jaymiee

Flipped to the country station quick and they were talking about Carrie being nominated for EOTY and her tour and I was freaking out ready to hear DA for the 1st time on radio!.....and then they played BHC lol dang it so close

Casper

It's been a really long time since I've been on here glad drinking alone is the new single it's one of my favorite songs off the album & I love the artwork ��