Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

maddkat

Staff member
DA remains at #9 (+2 spins/+.177 AIs)
9 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4681 4495 186 25.788

DA will be passed by OBCS and OM in the next few days

teesharky

Cool to see her at number 9 bit damn this is agony. Is umg just in a holding pattern to help songs above her on UMG first or what?

CU4ever

It's so frustrating. They shouldn't base it all of scores. With both DA and Southbound, radio DJs/programmers loved them. Southbound started off fast and looked to be a #1 hit (Billboard) until the scores came in where it hit the breaks. DA was slow to start, but really picked up around 20 and was doing super super well-- until the scores came in.

Clearly they are basing what they play way too much on a callout system, which only tests like a fourth of the chart.

CU4ever

DA down another spot to #14 this week on Billboard...this is why I controversially suggested a few weeks ago for UMG to do a big push for the top ten. I hope it's still possible, we'd need a big push with DA gaining about 2-3 million

maddkat

Staff member
DA drops a spot to #14 on Billboard airplay

DA is passed by OBCS & OM and drops to #11 (+12 spins/-.080 AIs)
11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4693 4498 195 25.708

CU4ever

At least it’ll still be top ten this week due to recurrents! Hopefully these are the last songs DA has to get passed by...I just wish radio would convert it so badly

Zach1998

Just a reminder UMG is maxing "After A Few" this week and giving it an insane push to get to #1. Today alone it gained 230 spins and 1.268 audience. I expect UMG to have Drinking Alone on the back burner this week, which is unfortunate because it's probably in need of the most attention considering country radio just isn't going to go out of their way to play it.

CU4ever

Just a reminder UMG is maxing "After A Few" this week and giving it an insane push to get to #1. Today alone it gained 230 spins and 1.268 audience. I expect UMG to have Drinking Alone on the back burner this week, which is unfortunate because it's probably in need of the most attention considering country radio just isn't going to go out of their way to play it.

Hopefully they have a plan for DA after this song has its time. It is in dire need of help, more specifically, a really big push to go top 10 on Billboard

teesharky

^ or what... which is radio is just not converting it, and the callout is terrible

I do not trust the callout scores or polls. I do not know if any Carrie fans that ever get to take part in them. So it’s just haters voting. Not right!

CU4ever

I do not trust the callout scores or polls. I do not know if any Carrie fans that ever get to take part in them. So it’s just haters voting. Not right!

DJs like Carrie. Apparently, general listeners do not. I do agree, something seems odd with them. It's weird that only Carrie's song is testing so incredibly bad. I know not everyone has to like it, but nothing else comes close?

simonplay

How is Miranda at last place (#16) at call out scores with 69 points and she is doing so well?? And Carrie is at #13 with 75 points and is struggling..
It's because Miranda just appear this week?

CU4ever

How is Miranda at last place (#16) at call out scores with 69 points and she is doing so well?? And Carrie is at #13 with 75 points and is struggling..

They seem to only care about the negative column

Zach1998

It’s mainly because Miranda’s song has lots of room to grow. Her familiarity rate is extremely low. Much like how when Gabby’s “I Hope” first appeared on the chart it’s callout was less than stellar, but as her familiarity rate grew and more people started hearing the song the better the overall callout got. Carrie’s wasn’t that way thought, her best callout scores were when the song initially appeared on the score; every week following that as her familiarity grew her overall score got worse. There’s a chance that happens to Miranda’s song too, but I think the score will get better as her familiarity increases like “I Hope” and not get worse like “Drinking Alone,” mainly because her sales/ streams have been a lot better so it shows it’s connecting with the public better.

It’s mainly because Miranda’s song has lots of room to grow. Her familiarity rate is extremely low. Much like how when Gabby’s “I Hope” first appeared on the chart it’s callout was less than stellar, but as her familiarity rate grew and more people started hearing the song the better the overall callout got. Carrie’s wasn’t that way thought, her best callout scores were when the song initially appeared on the score; every week following that as her familiarity grew her overall score got worse. There’s a chance that happens to Miranda’s song too, but I think the score will get better as her familiarity increases like “I Hope” and not get worse like “Drinking Alone,” mainly because her sales/ streams have been a lot better so it shows it’s connecting with the public better.

Thanks for explaining this. UMG is so strict with copy rights in terms of Instagram and stuff, but there is a random lyric video of DA with over a million views. I don’t know why they don’t get that taken down...so annoying.