Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

CU4ever

Decent update today hopefully this continues and it keeps climbing. Where is DA at Billboard? is it looking like it can crack top 10?

peaked at 11 so far, and has since fallen to 14. Top ten is possible if UMG gives it a big push.

Zach1998

I’m not going to say the BB top 10 is impossible, but it’s looking more and more like it’s not going to happen. Chart watchers on pulse predicted DA could have fallen all the way to 16 this week (the official chart that comes out in a few hours will tell for certain) but if it’s at 16 I don’t think it’s possible. It would take a miracle because I think DA probably has about a month left in it max unless it finds a second wind.

CU4ever

I’m not going to say the BB top 10 is impossible, but it’s looking more and more like it’s not going to happen. Chart watchers on pulse predicted DA could have fallen all the way to 16 this week (the official chart that comes out in a few hours will tell for certain) but if it’s at 16 I don’t think it’s possible. It would take a miracle because I think DA probably has about a month left in it max unless it finds a second wind.

Down to #15 this week. 11-13-14-15.

It's at 14.395 million in audience and #10 is at 18.202. So yeah, it would need a massive push. If it gets lucky, there could be a few songs going off in its push week (Blake and Morgan are still falling). We all need to request as much as possible, lol.

NC State Carrie Fan

DA is finally getting good streaming numbers weekly. I really want the song to stick around for at least another 2 months to be able to rack those streams up and hopefully get up to around where Love Wins is at least!

maddkat

Staff member
DA drops to #15 on Billboard airplay. It's second week with negative AIs so it could go recurrent there next Monday

DA remains at #10 on mediabase (+59 spins/+.321 AIs)
10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4840 4693 147 26.204

rcramer

Oh well DA at least got Carrie another Top 10 if anything... I don't see the label doing anything to help on BB.....

Like one mentioned above hopefully the streaming continues to do well...

Zach1998

Based on the updates this week I think UMG will try to make sure it doesn't go recurrent. This chart run has been different, some weeks are pretty good and some are more on the sluggish side. Don't really know what to expect. In other news DA jumped 10 spots on the all genre Hot 100 to set a new peak at #77, out-peaking Love Wins (which peaked at #83.)

Zach1998

Better late than never I guess. Not to be a pessimist, but this should have came out long ago. Sony had an ad for “Bluebird” put in Country Aircheck as soon as it hit top 10. DA has been at #10 for about 4 weeks, had they actually promoted it when it first reached top 10 maybe it would have found better footing over these past few weeks and gained decently or at least not get passed. More or so adding to why I haven’t been too impressed with UMG since Carrie signed (but that’s a whole different can of worms.)

CrazyAboutCarrie

Better late than never I guess. Not to be a pessimist, but this should have came out long ago. Sony had an ad for “Bluebird” put in Country Aircheck as soon as it hit top 10. DA has been at #10 for about 4 weeks, had they actually promoted it when it first reached top 10 maybe it would have found better footing over these past few weeks and gained decently or at least not get passed. More or so adding to why I haven’t been too impressed with UMG since Carrie signed (but that’s a whole different can of worms.)

I am right there with you!

adam1995

At least she got to make the album she wanted with them in CP and a Christmas album, it seems she wasn't allowed to make before. I'd rather she had her freedom than #1s and be restricted.

Zach1998

^ Very happy she gets to make the music she wants now. She’s earned it, but honestly she was going to be able to obtain that freedom no matter which label she signed to at this point in her career (even if she re signed a new contract at Sony.) No label would ever pass on the chance to have Carrie on their roaster. Had CU re signed with Sony we would have still gotten CP & the Christmas album, because she most likely would have negotiated having more freedom upon re signing. Just believe had CP been released on Sony the promo would have been better, which could have lead to the singles making more of an impact.

adam1995

^ Very happy she gets to make the music she wants now. She’s earned it, but honestly she was going to be able to obtain that freedom no matter which label she signed to at this point in her career (even if she re signed a new contract at Sony.) No label would ever pass on the chance to have Carrie on their roaster. Had CU re signed with Sony we would have still gotten CP & the Christmas album, because she most likely would have negotiated having more freedom upon re signing. Just believe had CP been released on Sony the promo would have been better, which could have lead to the singles making more of an impact.

We don't really know that though. There was clearly a reason she did not re sign. We don't know for certain, but I'd imagine Carrie wouldn't leave if she was getting all she wanted.

maddkat

Staff member
^ exactly , she didn't just on a whim up and leave Sony and her masters. There were reasons of which we are not privy. I'm glad she left and can do the music she chooses and not what some suits want.

Zach1998

We don't really know that though. There was clearly a reason she did not re sign. We don't know for certain, but I'd imagine Carrie wouldn't leave if she was getting all she wanted.

We don’t know for sure, but looking that they let Miranda Lambert put out TWOTW upon re signing back in 2016, which was far right field from any album she’s ever released, even more so than Cry Pretty for CU makes me believe they would. Also, Randy Goodman’s statement about Carrie leaving, stating “they tried everything they could to get her to stay” makes me believe they would as well. I’ll try not to derail this thread any more though.

rainbow1

Also her good friend, who she loved on her first album, is heading up that branch that she is on with UMG. I've forgotten her name....Cindy .....?

pkc4rls

We don’t know for sure, but looking that they let Miranda Lambert put out TWOTW upon re signing back in 2016, which was far right field from any album she’s ever released, even more so than Cry Pretty for CU makes me believe they would. Also, Randy Goodman’s statement about Carrie leaving, stating “they tried everything they could to get her to stay” makes me believe they would as well. I’ll try not to derail this thread any more though.

Well as maddkat already said, she obviously had a reason we are not privy to. And Goodman is not going to probably tell the whole story publicly either. People think they know what is or was best or we know what someone should have done but in reality none of us know what happened. In the end, we all are guessing based on very little knowledge. Plus, the idea that all would have been great had she stayed at Sony is a guess also.