Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

adam1995

We don’t know for sure, but looking that they let Miranda Lambert put out TWOTW upon re signing back in 2016, which was far right field from any album she’s ever released, even more so than Cry Pretty for CU makes me believe they would. Also, Randy Goodman’s statement about Carrie leaving, stating “they tried everything they could to get her to stay” makes me believe they would as well. I’ll try not to derail this thread any more though.

"...everything they could do...", might not be everything Carrie thought they could do. Just because they said it was everything they could do, doesn't mean it was.

CU4ever

"...everything they could do...", might not be everything Carrie thought they could do. Just because they said it was everything they could do, doesn't mean it was.

Yeah...and considering how a few months ago a fan reportedly asked her about a Christmas album and she said she was doing one but couldn't because SN prevented her from doing so, and now we see she really is doing one at this new label, I think there was more they could have done.

maddkat

Staff member
We don’t know for sure, but looking that they let Miranda Lambert put out TWOTW upon re signing back in 2016, which was far right field from any album she’s ever released, even more so than Cry Pretty for CU makes me believe they would. Also, Randy Goodman’s statement about Carrie leaving, stating “they tried everything they could to get her to stay” makes me believe they would as well. I’ll try not to derail this thread any more though.
Goodman is going to always paint himself and Sony in the best possible light. He's not going to say if they were restricting what she could record ect.

DA remains at #10 (-2 spins/-.033 AIs)
10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4768 4702 66 26.023

^that whole interview with Hits Daily Double was making him seem like he was somewhat throwing a pity party for himself. Like poor me couldn’t get Carrie to stay. Factual or not, I still think back to what Jimmy Carter said back in the day about the 2011 ACM award nominations and Sony,

CU4ever

I see UMG released a remix for 'Die From a Broken Heart'. I think doing something like this for 'Drinking Alone' could really help it. Honestly, I've always felt that the song could be a duet, with the second verse fitting perfectly for that. This is always done for pop artists- remixing a song to make it a duet

simonplay

I'm a fan of Maddie & Tae...but if they can get a remix, why can't Carrie. She is much more popular than they are

I don't think Carrie is interested tbh, she only did that once with I Told You So. She had the perfect oportunity to do it with Sam Hunt for Heartbeat and she wasn't interested either.
I'm not going to call her the "L" word again LOL but she have some weird preferences like no remixes, not much duets on her albums, no pop collabs, etc, so at the end of the day there isn't much for her label or us to do.

liz278

^^It's so true, I am a huge fan of Lauren Daigle and for her songs she does so many different things and she gets the streaming numbers, views on YouTube and she has big numbers. I love Carrie but I don't understand why she doesn't do something like that to help. Oh well, not my business but I am curious.

CU4ever

I don't think Carrie is interested tbh, she only did that once with I Told You So. She had the perfect oportunity to do it with Sam Hunt for Heartbeat and she wasn't interested either.
I'm not going to call her the "L" word again LOL but she have some weird preferences like no remixes, not much duets on her albums, no pop collabs, etc, so at the end of the day there isn't much for her label or us to do.

to be fair, Heartbeat didn’t need a remix since it was a legitimate hit song. I agree she probably doesn’t want to do the duets, Collabs, etc, but I think it’s up to the label to remix the song. It’s done so often with other artists and I feel like those probably don’t know the people they remix the song with well enough to get to make the call to remix it

adam1995

This remix question comes up all the time. Isn't Carrie against them? Every time it is mentioned it's like people forget Carrie doesn't want to do it, lol!

Zach1998

Yeah I'll be critical of a label all day, but in this case I think the reason we're not getting remixes is because Carrie doesn't want to. I think the label would actually be all for remixes if Carrie gave them the green light, but for whatever reason she has chosen not to. Would love if she did though as it would really broaden her exposure.

pkc4rls

to be fair, Heartbeat didn’t need a remix since it was a legitimate hit song. I agree she probably doesn’t want to do the duets, Collabs, etc, but I think it’s up to the label to remix the song. It’s done so often with other artists and I feel like those probably don’t know the people they remix the song with well enough to get to make the call to remix it

Carrie has been in this too long that they would go against her wishes with the success of her career. I don’t think most labels go out of their way to go against their artists and cause a contentious relationship. Plus, I feel quite certain she has put in her contract that remixing is her decision or they probably would have done it long ago or they just respect her wishes either way.

liz278

I'm not talking about remixing, so if someone could answer this: I have seen artists do different versions of their songs, and it seems to help with chart positioning. How come Carrie and her team don't use the different times she has sung DA to help her?

FanSince04

The loss of almost 100 spins in two days seems kind of major. I will say at my job LW, SB, and DA get played frequently on the playlist. DA with the most plays!