Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking Alone video out Nov 20

lolita55

1 hour in and already at 17k views. Not bad for a fourth single that was released midweek and at 10 in the morning.

twaintrain

I thought it was that the guys she was with in the video was actually the guy she used to be with, but isn't anymore.

Yeah, that’s what I was talking about. The video is showing mostly flashbacks instead of following the lyrics.

maddkat

Staff member
I thought it was that the guys she was with in the video was actually the guy she used to be with, but isn't anymore.
see that's what it looks like but that has nothing to do with the song which is about meeting a stranger in a bar after a break up

adam1995

see that's what it looks like but that has nothing to do with the song which is about meeting a stranger in a bar after a break up

I thought that too, but figured they just wanted to switch up the story a bit.

Plus, if we take the line "...we should be drinking alone..." on its own, it could translate to her talking to her partner and basically breaking up, and going on to say we need to just find strangers instead of each other. Seeing the story in the video, kind of made me think of this alternate meaning. Might not be it at all, though, lol.

maddkat

Staff member
I thought that too, but figured they just wanted to switch up the story a bit.

Plus, if we take the line "...we should be drinking alone..." on its own, it could translate to her talking to her partner and basically breaking up, and going on to say we need to just find strangers instead of each other. Seeing the story in the video, kind of made me think of this alternate meaning. Might not be it at all, though, lol.
that is too deep for me, I just want story videos that follow the song. lol

however after taking a leaf mulching break and viewing it again heres what I'm thinking....

the guy in the video is the stranger she met after the break up, they spent the night drinking and kissing, the bar photographer took their pic ,then they went home alone ,and in the video they are remembering that encounter. The burning pic is a symbol of regretting what will never be.

adam1995

that is too deep for me, I just want story videos that follow the song. lol

however after taking a leaf mulching break and viewing it again heres what I'm thinking....

the guy in the video is the stranger she met after the break up, they spent the night drinking and kissing, the bar photographer took their pic ,then they went home alone ,and in the video they are remembering that encounter. The burning pic is a symbol of regretting what will never be.

That's a very good theory, makes more sense, and fits more lines of the song. I have to go watch it again now.

Love the video, it’s beautiful. Would have been nice to have some more flashbacks though, imo.

I miss videos like “before he cheats” and “last name” and “blown away”. I guess she’s just tired though. I think my favorite is “two black cadillacs.”

Smokyiiis

Wasn't referring to anyone. I just myself thought it was obvious that they were drinking their pain away and then went their separate ways, setting their picture to flame (yikes, brings back "Picture to Burn" images....).

HuiZ

I had low expectations based on the short clip, but unfortunately those expectations were right. Carrie looks gorgeous, but the video is so boring.