Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 12] The 54th Annual Grammy Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

JB172

Anyone happen to remember how many awards they typically hand out during the broadcast? Guess we'll have to be finding that link for the precast awards show????

This is very exciting news! So happy for Carrie and Tony -- don't think its too often that an 85 yr. old gets to perform on a MAJOR awards show! Can hardly wait to see how this performance will be produced and staged. Wonder if they'll have an orchestra/strings like they did for the PBS Special?

Oh I saw a tweet last night from Tony, there's going to be a DVD/Blu-ray of the Duets II released on Mar. 6th.

It isn't a lot maybe around 10 give or take.

pklongbeach

So excited about this now.
I always watch the grammys but it is always so much more speical when I know that Carrie is going to perform.
She certainly brings class and elegance to the event.
And the fact that she will have an opportunity to show the "high brow" side of her abilitites to the world is going to just continue to elevate peoples perception of her abilitites.
We forget sometimes that not everyone is as aware of the true breadth of Carries voice like we are.
IT still amazes me that it has only been in the last several years that many critics have finally admited that her voice is one of the best in the industry.

DaisyTweets

Alicia Keys and Bonnie Riatt are going to be doing the tribute for Etta James. Interesting choice for performers -- Bonnie wouldn't immediately come to mind for this tribute.

Lady A are going to be presenters as well.

DaisyTweets

I wonder when we'll hear information about the Clive Davis party? Surely Carrie will be invited to that as well. Hasn't she performed at the party 3 different times?

pgk

So excited about this now.
I always watch the grammys but it is always so much more speical when I know that Carrie is going to perform.
She certainly brings class and elegance to the event.
And the fact that she will have an opportunity to show the "high brow" side of her abilitites to the world is going to just continue to elevate peoples perception of her abilitites.
We forget sometimes that not everyone is as aware of the true breadth of Carries voice like we are.
IT still amazes me that it has only been in the last several years that many critics have finally admited that her voice is one of the best in the industry.

Good post pk, so we'll get a taste of classic Carrie right after having experienced rocker Carrie....what a a dichotomy, she's just that versatile.

teesharky

Carrie has just been announced as presenter at the Grammy in addition to performing.
:D :D :D :D

Are we sure that Jimmy Carter isn't just confused about this? He didn't realize Carrie was performing until later and then he added a post.

Or did someone else confirm she is presenting too?

Hope it is true!

teesharky

I cannot wait to see CArrie's dress! She is going to be so elegant I bet. They should go for a Retro look and really do it up old school.

allirishgirl

any confirmation on the presenting gig? that'd be great! oh i hope its true!!!
i just said to Robin earlier that its the only chance I get to see Carrie on my tv screen.........so excuse me for wanting her to do everything at the Grammys this yr!

pklongbeach

As long as I know she is there to sing, I would love for her to present as well.
Mostly so we can hear "and now the 5-time Grammy Award winning Carrie Underwood!!

12russ79

As long as I know she is there to sing, I would love for her to present as well.
Mostly so we can hear "and now the 5-time Grammy Award winning Carrie Underwood!!

By the time she presents she could be THE 6 TIME GRAMMY AWARD WINNER CARRIE UNDERWOOD.... LOL

teesharky

Gosh I hope she someday is a 10 time GRammy winner. That would be fantastic. lol

I still don't think Mama's Song will win this year--- but--- it is really really cool that it was nominated.

12russ79

Gosh I hope she someday is a 10 time GRammy winner. That would be fantastic. lol

I still don't think Mama's Song will win this year--- but--- it is really really cool that it was nominated.

I know it was by far your favorite Carrie song ever... LOL

I just hope that Carrie isn't presenting Jimmie Carter with the Lifetime misinformation Award... LMAO

The Nanook

I love that Carrie gets to perform, but It Had To Be You isn't exactly the most captivating song. Carrie does sing it pretty though.

teesharky

Honestly--- there is a possibility that Carrie and Tony could do a medley of his songs from Duets II, not just the one song.

I assumed others from the cd would be joining Tony too at first-- but since it is just Carrie-- they might do a medly of other songs maybe?

Either way--- it is the GRAMMYS so I am sure the producers will make it beautiful with an elegant classy set and soft lights, etc.

The show is 3.5 hours this year-- goes to 11L30 pm EST-- so there is a lot of time to fill.