Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 12] The 54th Annual Grammy Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

Claire2004

Beach Boys added to the Grammys, which now features 957 performers and will last four years
by Kyle Anderson

The Grammys really want you to watch their show on Sunday. And they’re doing it by throwing as many performers as humanly possible onstage — many of them at the same time.

This afternoon, the producers announced that the long-dormant, recently reconstituted surviving members of the Beach Boys — Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, and David Marks — would be making their return to the stage at the show for their first performance together in roughly two decades.

Carrie mention:
Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood

Their collaboration on Bennett’s album is great, and Underwood has a way of elevating herself for big moments. This could also be the place where the Grammys slip in an Amy Winehouse tribute.

Beach Boys added to the Grammys, which now features 957 performers and will last four years | The Music Mix | EW.com

teesharky

Yay! Finally some love for carrie in a major ny paper! :)

That beach boys number couldbe a hot mess! Lol. Cant wait! Lol

allirishgirl

I think most assume when they hear that Carrie Underwood is singing at the Grammys that it is going to be a big number where she is standing among burning Cars and blasting to the rafters.
I think this kind of a change up on such a huge venue is a really good thing.
Thank of the people out there who have never heard her do "The Sound Of Music/How Great Thou Art/It Had To Be You/SanAntonio Rose/Prayin' For Time"...There is so much about Carries voice that we know that alot of people don't know.
They know BHC and they know JTTW and even DYHWIH and they know her voice when they hear it, but when they hear her sing IT Had to Be You with the lilt that she has, with the pure as honey tone that she has, with a master standards-vocalist standing beside her, it will be one of those "whoa.." moments that causes people to then go out and buy her album cause they realize that there are many aspects to her voice. Easily the type that could fill an album with many layers.
There are "singles artists" out there (Rhianna/Gaga/C.Brown/Perry) where you just download whatever the "single" is, and then there are artists out there that make a collection of music that is worth having in it's entirety. Carrie Underwood is one of those.
And people are gonna b reminded of that this Sunday.

wow! that was an AMAZING post!!

teesharky

UGH. On E! News tonight--- they were predicting Grammy winners--- and they picked either Taylor or Lady A to win Country album-- because they are the most "pop" of the bunch. That is what they said. They said that Lady A and Taylor are really pop artists and their albums are pop-- which is why one of them will win. What a joke!

Jason deserves to win this year...hands down.

Why do they let pop voters vote for country categories? They just check Taylor's name as they never heard of the other more country acts. Sad.

pklongbeach

Your right about this.
Voters very often go in unknowldegable about what they are going to vote on.
and in the end, you have them voting for TS or LA jsut becuase they have actually heard them on the radio before and have not heard the others.
Now I will admit that this actually has worked in Carries favor in the past and as I believed she deserved it anyway it was not a bad thing.
but in this current situation I agee with Tee.
the award will not go to the best album among these.
anyone who votes for Taylors album over Jasons has porbably not heard either one.

teesharky

I miss the days when country albums won country grammys. :(

Anyway-- here is an interesting article with Neil Portnow. He mentions that there will be an in memoriam segment at the Grammys this year-- and that there will be "singing presentations" where people are introduced in song rather then commentary. So the presenters might be singing too. lol

HITS Daily Double: News

JB172

I miss the days when country albums won country grammys. :(

Anyway-- here is an interesting article with Neil Portnow. He mentions that there will be an in memoriam segment at the Grammys this year-- and that there will be "singing presentations" where people are introduced in song rather then commentary. So the presenters might be singing too. lol

HITS Daily Double: News

Singing presenters? :confused:

The Grammys are strange enough at times as it is, I don't think that need to try to make it stranger. lol

AIgrl06

So is Tony Bennett only performing with Carrie or is it going to be a medley of some sort with other artists too?

I'm really excited that The Civil Wars are performing at the Grammys. :cool: Oh, I hope they do "Barton Hollow!!!"

teesharky

So is Tony Bennett only performing with Carrie or is it going to be a medley of some sort with other artists too?

I'm really excited that The Civil Wars are performing at the Grammys. :cool: Oh, I hope they do "Barton Hollow!!!"

They are doing safe and Sound with Taylor, per the article I posted above. :( I would have prefered to see them on Barton Hollow too.

I am also curious if Carrie and Tony will have any surprise guests on their "duet" from the DUETS II album? Or if they will do a medley of several songs on their own, without surprise guests?

I kind of hope they surprise us a bit and do a few other songs.

teesharky

Singing presenters? :confused:

The Grammys are strange enough at times as it is, I don't think that need to try to make is stranger. lol

lol Agree. It is going to be a strange year.

Look at the list:

*MORE TO BE ADDED--- likely Kanye West and Lady Gaga***

PERFORMERS:

Adele
Jason Aldean / Kelly Clarkson
The Beach Boys / Foster The People / Maroon 5
Tony Bennett / Carrie Underwood
Chris Brown (Dance segment, with possible solo segment)
Glen Campbell / The Band Perry / Blake Shelton
Coldplay / Rihanna
deadmau5 (Dance segment)
Foo Fighters (two performances)
David Guetta (Dance segment)
Alicia Keys / Bonnie Raitt
Lil' Wayne (Dance segment)
Bruno Mars
Paul McCartney
Nicki Minaj
Katy Perry
Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band
Taylor Swift / The Civil Wars

TBA: These 3 artists are involved, but why & with who is not confirmed
Diana Krall
Maceo Parker
Joe Walsh

Rumor: Kanye West and Lady Gaga

PRESENTERS:

Marc Anthony
Dierks Bentley
Jack Black
Drake
Fergie
Lady Antebellum
Miranda Lambert
Gwyneth Paltrow
Ryan Seacrest
Ringo Starr
Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson
Reba

So---------- this will either be the best Grammys ever with such a diverse interesting group--- or-- a massive trainwreck. lol

AIgrl06

I sort of, kind of love that presenters list, lol. It's so much different than what I expected. Possibly the only thing that would make it better is if Mumford & Sons and Bon Iver were performing. The new single from Mumford & Sons' new album, perhaps?

And I know this won't happen, but I'd love to hear Carrie with Tony on "Body & Soul" as sort of a mini-tribute to Amy Winehouse. Never going to happen, but yeah.

teesharky

I sort of, kind of love that presenters list, lol. It's so much different than what I expected. Possibly the only thing that would make it better is if Mumford & Sons and Bon Iver were performing. The new single from Mumford & Sons' new album, perhaps?

And I know this won't happen, but I'd love to hear Carrie with Tony on "Body & Soul" as sort of a mini-tribute to Amy Winehouse. Never going to happen, but yeah.[/QUOTE]

Well there is a hint in one of those articles that Tony and Carrie could be doing a sort of Amy Winehouse tribute-- but it is so confusing.

Most likely they are just doing "It Had to be You"--- but-- they could be doing a medley, and maybe they will cover an Amy song.

Tony loved Amy Winehouse-- so I wonder if they would do one of her songs too? It is a bit confusing.

Rehearsals start tomorrow, right? So we should be getting pictures and blogs, tweets, etc-- to tell us some details.

teesharky

This was posted by Sharkbait on the fanclub:

Good news for all fans including INTERNATIONAL fans, once again we are able to stream the Pre-Telecast Ceremony! YAY!!! Carrie's category more than likely will be presented during this portion of the show, but Carrie's performance with Tony Bennett will be during the 3 hour broadcast, so its going to be a long night with red carpet streaming, pre-show and the show...

GRAMMY Pre-Telecast Ceremony To Stream Live Internationally
Co-hosted by Dave Koz and MC Lyte, ceremony to present nearly 70 awards and feature performances from Kim Burrell, Joyce DiDonato, Reirth Brass Band, and Trin-I-Tee 5:7, among others
February 08, 2012 -- 3:55 am
GRAMMY.com

http://www.grammy.com/news/grammy-pr...nternationally

The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards Pre-Telecast Ceremony will take place on Sunday, Feb. 12 from 1–3:30 p.m. PT at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will be streamed live in its entirety internationally at www.grammy.com/live and www.cbs.com.

Attended by nominees and industry VIPs, the star-studded ceremony with be co-hosted by current GRAMMY nominee Dave Koz and Recording Academy Los Angeles Chapter President and rapper MC Lyte.

The Pre-Telecast will feature performances by current nominees Kim Burrell, Le'Andria Johnson, Kelly Price, and Trin-I-Tee 5:7 in a "Ladies of Gospel" segment as well as current nominees mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, singer/songwriter Steve Earle and New Orleans' Rebirth Brass Band.

Presenting the first GRAMMY Awards of the night in 68 categories will be current nominees Gerald Clayton, Chick Corea, Brandon Heath, Arturo O'Farrill, OK Go, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Esperanza Spalding as well as GRAMMY-winning producer Jimmy Jam.

Co-host Koz is nominated for Best Pop Instrumental Album for Hello Tomorrow.

Performers Burrell, Earle, Johnson, Rebirth Brass Band, and Trin-I-Tee 5:7 each have one nod: Burrell for Best Gospel Album for The Love Album; Earle for Best Folk Album for I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive; Johnson for Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance for "Jesus"; Rebirth Brass Band for Best Regional Roots Music Album for Rebirth Of New Orleans; and Trin-I-Tee 5:7 for Best Gospel Album for Angel & Chanelle Deluxe Edition. DiDonato has two nominations for Best Opera Recording for Vivaldi: Ercole Sul Termodonte and Best Classical Vocal Solo for "Diva Divo." Price has three nods for Best R&B Performance (with Stokley) and Best R&B song for "Not My Daddy" and Best R&B Album for Kelly.

Presenters Clayton, O'Farrill, OK Go, Rae, and Spalding each have one nomination: Clayton for Best Jazz Instrumental Album for Bond: The Paris Sessions; O'Farrill for Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album for 40 Acres And A Burro; OK Go for Best Short Form Music Video for "All Is Not Lost"; Rae for Best R&B Performance for "Is This Love"; and Spalding for Best Jazz Instrumental Album for Bird Songs (with Joe Lovano/Us Five). Corea has two nominations for Best Improvised Jazz Solo for "500 Miles High," and Best Jazz Instrumental Album for Forever (with Stanley Clarke and Lenny White). Heath has three nominations for Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance and Best Contemporary Christian Music Song for "Your Love," and Best Contemporary Christian Music Album for Leaving Eden.

The live stream of the Pre-Telecast will remain on GRAMMY.com as video on demand for 30 days following the event. Following the ceremony, the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards will be broadcast live on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. ET/PT.

~~~
Carrie begins her Grammy winning career.... watch the video at the link!

GRAMMY Rewind: 49th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Dixie Chicks win big and Carrie Underwood takes Best New Artist against these nominees

February 07, 2012 -- 6:55 pm

http://www.grammy.com/news/grammy-re...-grammy-awards

Music's Biggest Night, the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards, will air live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

In the weeks leading up to the telecast, we will take a stroll through some of the golden moments in GRAMMY history with the GRAMMY Rewind, highlighting the "big four" categories — Album Of The Year, Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Best New Artist — from past awards shows. In the process, we'll discuss the winners and the nominees who just missed taking home the GRAMMY, while also shining a light on the artists' careers and the eras in which the recordings were born.

Join us as we take an abbreviated journey through the trajectory of pop music from the 1st Annual GRAMMY Awards in 1959 to this year's 53rd telecast. Today, the GRAMMY Awards remember the year the Dixie Chicks were flying high.

49th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Feb. 11, 2007

Best New Artist
Winner: Carrie Underwood

James Blunt
Chris Brown
Imogen Heap
Corinne Bailey Rae

Underwood became the first, and so far only, "American Idol" alumnus to win the Best New Artist award. It was a solid choice, as the singer has gone on to win five GRAMMY Awards in her still growing career.

opry051008

I hope Carrie and Tony just sing IHTBY. If they sing any other song off the album, there's going to be comparisons which always bring out the haters.