Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 12] The 54th Annual Grammy Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

DaisyTweets

Seriously--- I would rather primp in the dressing room and waste time that way then sit there through all those Polka awards. lol

It is bad enough that we as fans have to suffer through that boring show every year. lol
At least this year it might not be as long since they got rid of so many categories -- still probably boring though!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Volcomlvr87

wow Carrie is in front of Jay Z too? holy crap.

Do you have a link to where all the seating charts are? I am dying to see who is sitting where....thanx!

I just found it on the same account as the one that shows Tony and Carrie's seat.
I've been searching wireimage for any others but none of Carrie. Though in this picture you could see Kelly C's seat behind Adam. Or at least it looks like Kelly.
Singers Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Mike Love of The Beach Boys pose... | WireImage | 138624590

Last edited:

carriecountrystar

Well here is how I see it:

The guys might just cancel each other out, leaving Carrie and Taylor to battle it out.

There are alot of pop voters that have never even heard of Jason Aldean, sadly-- so that could hurt him at the Grammys. Lady A beat Miranda last year at the Grammys based on pop crossover success...so the Grammys are becoming more of a popularity thing now then merit, sadly.

Taylor might win on name recognition--- but-- Carrie has name recognition too. So this could be close.

What could be a deciding factor is how sick are people of Taylor winning? Alot of people are dang sick of her, and sick of her fake face when she wins. Also, after her terrible Grammy performance, who knows if the voters are as keen to pick her. There is no Kanye West sympathy vote to help Taylor win this time either. So that could be a factor.

I still think Jason Aldean is the favorite in the category---- but he lacks the name recognition of Carrie and Taylor among pop voters.

Final prediction: too close to call

Lady Antebellum had the most support from voters (winning country album/single) -beating out Miranda-because they had nominations in the ALL genre category and had the MOST nominations.

The one with the most nominations and/or nominations in the ALL genre category usually has the upper hand in the individual genre category. (e.g. Taylor Swift swept in the country category because she got nominations in pop and all genre = most voter support)

The voters have heard enough about Jason to give him 3 nominations -tying him with Taylor Swift this year. As a result, I suspect they will divide among themselves the awards with possibly another artist like Blake or Kenny.

My prediction:

Best Country Solo Performance- Jason Aldean

Best Country Duo/Group Performance- "Don't You Wanna Stay" or "You And Tequila". "Barton Hallows" by Civil Wars may emerge as dark horse though.

Best Country Song- "Mean" or "You and Tequila".

Best Country Album- My Kind Of Party -Jason Aldean

AIgrl06

I just found it on the same account as the one that shows Tony and Carrie's seat.
I've been searching wireimage for any others but none of Carrie. Though in this picture you could see Kelly C's seat behind Adam. Or at least it looks like Kelly.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/13...ED249DCCB79DE3332AC37485B0033E30A760B0D811297

For some reason I read this and thought Kelly Clarkson was sitting behind Adam Lambert or something. And I was like, "Hold up, hold up. Something is not right, here." Haha... then I looked at the picture. :p

I want to watch the pre-show this year 'cause I think The Civil Wars will win Folk Album, and I want to see that! :D Does anyone know yet which categories they're going to air on the live show? Sorry if it's been discussed, I admit I haven't read the entire thread.

teesharky

For some reason I read this and thought Kelly Clarkson was sitting behind Adam Lambert or something. And I was like, "Hold up, hold up. Something is not right, here." Haha... then I looked at the picture. :p

I want to watch the pre-show this year 'cause I think The Civil Wars will win Folk Album, and I want to see that! :D Does anyone know yet which categories they're going to air on the live show? Sorry if it's been discussed, I admit I haven't read the entire thread.

Not sure- but they did show Female Vocal Performance on the TV show last year as that was when THTBM beat Carrie's TH. So I am thinking they will show Country Album this year to let Taylor have her big Grammy moment again--- or-- hopefully-- it will be Jason's big Grammy moment this time.

They usually alternate which categories they show on tv.

Zman312

Not sure- but they did show Female Vocal Performance on the TV show last year as that was when THTBM beat Carrie's TH. So I am thinking they will show Country Album this year to let Taylor have her big Grammy moment again--- or-- hopefully-- it will be Jason's big Grammy moment this time.

They usually alternate which categories they show on tv.

They showcase a specific genre every year, last year it was country! They probably won't show any Vocal Performance during the live case but they usually show Country Album. I think Jason will win it, he did the Grammy Nominations show.

teesharky

I will be rooting for Jason Aldean with every core of my body. lol

I am confident that Jason got the country vote for the Grammys-- but I am not as confident about the pop/mainstream voters. They went with Lady A over Miranda for country album and album of the year (nom) despite Miranda sweeping every country award show for album and getting much stronger critical reviews too. That shows that the Grammy voters do not always follow the country award show voting patterns.

teesharky

PS- Jason Aldean, Civil Wars and Taylor all rehearsed last night. Since Carrie was at the Ottawa game, I bet she won't rehearse till later today.

I really hope we can tell if this is an Amy Winehouse tribute or if they do more then one song. Hopefully some journalist will live blog the rehearsals like they often do...or tweets will come in.

I am finding it odd that Lady Gaga and Kanye are not announced as performers yet. It is Friday. The Grammys are sunday. Odd.

We know Jay Z will be there due to his seating chart.

Zman312

I will be rooting for Jason Aldean with every core of my body. lol

I am confident that Jason got the country vote for the Grammys-- but I am not as confident about the pop/mainstream voters. They went with Lady A over Miranda for country album and album of the year (nom) despite Miranda sweeping every country award show for album and getting much stronger critical reviews too. That shows that the Grammy voters do not always follow the country award show voting patterns.

The Grammy has 13,000 voters compare to 6000.
Also Miranda was competeing against their fist album and not NYN! Plus Miranda was over hyped and gave it to her bc she never won before and it was her BIG year. (I think she deserved it but let's be honest, she was over praised and over nominated for one song! Hype doesn't get u too far!)

NEILHUNK

i don't get why people like jason aldean. he's not a fantastic singer (remember carrie making him look like an amateur?) and he's fat. sorry guys, just telling the truth

teesharky

^lol You are funny. I like the brutal honestly. lol

I would have personally preferred Brad or Keith winning country album this year-- but among those choices--- Jason deserves it. lol

I am rooting for Kenny Chesney's Tequila song to win something. I feel he deserves a Grammy for that song.

Plus-- I don't think Kenny has ever won a Grammy before.... Tequila deserves Song or Collab. But I think Jason/Kelly have it in lock down--- Collab at least. They were asked to perform and Kenny was not. He may not even attend for all we know.

Gator

I agree with you, Tee. I am rooting for Jason, and also for You and Tequila. YAT is a great song, and is done well, and am hoping it is rewarded at the Grammys.

nccountrygal

I agree with you, Tee. I am rooting for Jason, and also for You and Tequila. YAT is a great song, and is done well, and am hoping it is rewarded at the Grammys.

Yeah I hope Jason wins album and You and Tequila wins country song. That song is miles better than Mean. Anyways, I think Jason has a better chance of winning album than Taylor since he had more hugh hits than she did. He had the big crossover hit with Don't You Want to Stay and didn't Dirt Road Anthem cross over too. I think he has the best chances of winning country album. I am not expecting Carrie to win; however, if you go by vocals alone she should win. I would love for Carrie to win but we will have to see.

12russ79

Ok I know that MAMMA's SONG isn't the greatest song that Carrie has ever released.... But it is to Carrie.... I know it's not likely to win but then neither was a little Farm Girl from Oklahoma likely to win AMERICAN IDOL... I hate when someone wins just because of who they are and not because of the quality of the song... However for just this one time I'm hoping the Voters vote for Carrie because of who she is and her past performances..... Because it would mean the world to Carrie... Its a long shot but for some reason I think it will happen... If it doesn't I won't be upset I just have this feeling that It will!!!
KEEP THE FAITH MY FRIENDS....

Last edited:

teesharky

They are the obvious choices but i would love for kenny to beat taylor for country song.

I am sorry but that crummy childish Mean song was NOT the country song of the year. Not even close!

I pray the voters have a clue and go with tequila.

I just realized that martina and taylor are both on big machine so that gives taylor 2 voting slots as there is no way Scott Bullsh---a will vote for Martina over his precious one. Bummer.

With 2 slots of votes going for taylor that hurts carrie a bit.

DaisyTweets

Ok I know that MAMMA's SONG isn't the greatest song that Carrie has ever released.... But it is to Carrie.... I know it's not likely to win but then neither was a little Farm Girl from Oklahoma likely to win AMERICAN IDOL... I hate when someone wins just because of who they are and not because of the quality of the song... However for just this one time I'm hoping the Voters vote for Carrie because of who she is and her past performances..... Because it would mean the world to Carrie... Its a long shot but for some reason I think it will happen... If it doesn't I won't be upset I just have this feeling that It will!!!
KEEP THE FAITH MY FRIENDS....
Bravo and great post, my friend!!! It's like I said in my post on this subject yesterday, if the whole Grammy voting body is voting on this award, there are several who are master singers/artists and they can see/hear what a stunning vocal performance Carrie gave on this song. What's the saying, 'it isn't over till the fat lady sings'? Well the singing for this award is on Sunday and I just happen to agree with Russ that Carrie has a more than excellent chance.

teesharky

Ps US weekly posted an article saying Brandy and Monica are the first 2 performers confirmed for the Clive Davis party. The rest are still secret.