Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 12] The 54th Annual Grammy Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

teesharky

Seriously--- I would rather primp in the dressing room and waste time that way then sit there through all those Polka awards. lol

It is bad enough that we as fans have to suffer through that boring show every year. lol

JB172

Seriously--- I would rather primp in the dressing room and waste time that way then sit there through all those Polka awards. lol

It is bad enough that we as fans have to suffer through that boring show every year. lol

Come on Tee. You wouldn't want to find out who won best spoken word album. :p

_luvqry

I think Carrie has few chances for winning Best Country Solo Performance, so I hope she enjoy the night and perform as great as usual.... I would love to see Carrie winning but in case she doesn't please anyone but Crash & Burn.... That song is hideous and the line "liar and pathethic" is just too mediocre for winning a Grammy.

teesharky

Nice! Carrie is in front of Nikki Minaj even so that says alot.

Notice that Amy Winehouse's Dad is behind Carrie and Tony? Very sweet.

I wonder who is doing the Amy tribute? Some rumors are that Tony/Carrie are doing it since Tony liked her so much........but if so-- what song would they sing to do it?

liz278

It's so cool that Carrie gets to sit in the front row. Singing with legends has its perks!!!! And I hope they realize that she is a huge star that people turn the show on just to watch.

I also hope that Mike can go with her.

DaisyTweets

Well I happen to think that Carrie has a great shot at winning her category. Especially if the voting is open to the whole Grammy voting body!!!! There are some serious artists/entertainers and they know a good vocal performance!!!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

teesharky

Well here is how I see it:

The guys might just cancel each other out, leaving Carrie and Taylor to battle it out.

There are alot of pop voters that have never even heard of Jason Aldean, sadly-- so that could hurt him at the Grammys. Lady A beat Miranda last year at the Grammys based on pop crossover success...so the Grammys are becoming more of a popularity thing now then merit, sadly.

Taylor might win on name recognition--- but-- Carrie has name recognition too. So this could be close.

What could be a deciding factor is how sick are people of Taylor winning? Alot of people are dang sick of her, and sick of her fake face when she wins. Also, after her terrible Grammy performance, who knows if the voters are as keen to pick her. There is no Kanye West sympathy vote to help Taylor win this time either. So that could be a factor.

I still think Jason Aldean is the favorite in the category---- but he lacks the name recognition of Carrie and Taylor among pop voters.

Final prediction: too close to call

teesharky

wow Carrie is in front of Jay Z too? holy crap.

Do you have a link to where all the seating charts are? I am dying to see who is sitting where....thanx!