Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 13, 2011] The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards [Official Event Discussion Thread]

pklongbeach

I'll check in periodically, but will not be "watching".
I heard that Xtina is going to be "re"singing the NA at the grammys. Yucky, too gimicky.

pklongbeach

It just seems way to "show me the ratings to me".
And sink or swim, it will not take back the mess that was made at the SB.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against her. But she was way to ego driven and I think that should serve as a lesson, not be awarded with a special spot on the biggest night in music.
Music teachers all over the world teach young people not to make this mistake.

opry051008

I heard that Xtina is going to be "re"singing the NA at the grammys.

It's not the NA she's singing on the grammys it's the opening number she's involved with which is a tribute to Aretha Franklin and will also include Jennifer Hudson.

I won't knock Christina for forgetting the words during the NA at the Superbowl. Carrie was afraid last year that she would forget the words so this could easily have happened to her. Just a little too close to home for my liking. Especially with the huge negative response that Christina's been getting for the slip up.

scoutfisher

Good thing carrie has already done the superbowl, can you imagine the pressure on the next singer? I'm betting they'll revert back to taped version.

robinannhunt

It's not the NA she's singing on the grammys it's the opening number she's involved with which is a tribute to Aretha Franklin and will also include Jennifer Hudson.

I won't knock Christina for forgetting the words during the NA at the Superbowl. Carrie was afraid last year that she would forget the words so this could easily have happened to her. Just a little too close to home for my liking. Especially with the huge negative response that Christina's been getting for the slip up.

I feel better now that I know she isn't doing the NA on the grammys.
Everyone worries that they will forget the words because they know how people will react.

pklongbeach

VEry glad to hear that I was mistaken about NA at Grammys. I was told by someone who had just gotten off line so I assumed they knew what they were talking about. But it did seem strange that Grammy producers would jump on it so fast.
Glad she is not. The Tribute to Franklin should be great. Happy for Martina. Mainstream American needs to realize what a great singers she really is.
But of course I can't help feeling like under the old guard at Sony Nashville they probably would have grabbed Carrie that slot.

Claire2004

Pic of Martina during Grammy rehearsals:

lrsing_john_63395749_max.jpg

GRAMMY Rehearsals | GRAMMY.com