Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 13, 2011] The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards [Official Event Discussion Thread]

Claire2004

I'm still hoping our Carrie will win her Grammy. However, THTBM garnered so many awards now for the past year or so, I don't think it will be any different at the Grammy. THTBM being nominated for an all-genre award certainly helps also.

undrwood9098

I'll watch the pre-telecast, red carpet, and the telecast.

I love the Grammys. Having Carrie there/nominated is just an added bonus! :)

And, I can confirm through a close & inside source that the first category of the night that will be announced is Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo/Group. Nominees are "Babyfather" (Sade), "Misery" (Maroon 5), "The Only Exception" (Paramore), "Hey Soul Sister" (Train), and "Don't Stop Believin'" (Glee Cast).

I can't watch because i have classes tomorrow morning :(. It will air at 8 am here.

I think we all want Carrie to win but Miranda will win eventually :(

epicamends

The pre-Grammy telecast starts in 3 hours (1pm EST). I'm trying not to get my hopes up - but TH really deserves a win.

teesharky

There may be a few more late additions that they missed on this list, but this looks pretty good. It is from Pulse:

PERFORMERS:

Arcade Fire
Barbra Streisand
B.o.B, Bruno Mars & Janelle Monáe
Bob Dylan, Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons (Salute To Acoustic Music)
Cee Lo Green, Gwyneth Paltrow & The Jim Henson Company Puppets
Eminem, Dr. Dre & Adam Levine
Esperanza Spalding & The GRAMMY Jazz Ensembles/GRAMMY Camp
Lady Antebellum
Lady GaGa
Mick Jagger & Raphael Saadiq
Miranda Lambert
Muse
Katy Perry
Rihanna & Drake
Usher, Justin Bieber & Jaden Smith
Yolanda Adams, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride & Florence Wlech (Honoring Aretha Franklin)

PRESENTERS:

Zac Brown
Eva Longoria
Jennifer Lopez
Ricky Martin
Clay Matthews
Matthew Morrison
Ryan Seacrest
Jason Segel
Keith Urban
will.i.am
Marc Anthony
Dierks Bentley
Miley Cyrus
Jamie Foxx
Selena Gomez
Neil Patrick Harris
Jewel
Norah Jones
Kris Kristofferson
John Legend
LL Cool J
John Mayer
Nicki Minaj
Paramore
Pauley Perrette
Leah Michelle
Diddy
Blake Shelton

teesharky

Miranda's dog tweeted that Blake is presenting one of her categories--- so gee-- I wonder who won? lol Kind of obvious there.

The Grammys said the pre=ceremony starts at 4 PM ESt, and we can watch it online.

I looked at the photos of the Clive Davis party last night, and it looked kind of lame this year. I don't think Carrie missed much. The only performer that was new was Mumford & Sons & Janelle Monae, who I am not that familiar with.

WireImage.com

more pictures here:

WireImage.com

AdamLikesCarrie

Well...i think Blake is not presenting Female Country vocalist....cuz that category is in pre-telecast...
So, hope is still there for our Carrie to win that !

teesharky

I am pretty sure that Miranda won, but I will still watch as there are tons of great performances tonight.

hjj

I know they switch it up what they announce yearly but too bad it was not announced on air when Carrie won it. Of course we did get to see her accept the BNA award. It kind of takes the suspense out of the female category.

Jade_kt

Someone on mjsbigblog said these are the categories being broadcast on TV, and if true, female country vocal will be one of them.

http://www.grammy.com/files/pages/53ballot_finalpdf.pdf

Interesting.

Doesn't surprise me. Except for her first BNA win, they put Carrie in the pre-telecast so nobody would know she won especially since most of the artists probably were mad Carrie would keep on winning every time. Since Miranda hasn't been nominated for a grammy before they are going to want to milk her category as much as possible and so I'm not surprised they are going to have it on tv. Plus they probably want us to tune in to the show to see Carrie's category since she won't be there. Either way, I don't plan on watching the Grammy's. If Carrie wins (which isn't likely imo the way award shows have been going lately), I can just watch her win on youtube.

Last edited:

hjj

Yeah I think it will be a Miranda night. I will be watching the Aretha's tribute than call it a night for the grammys.

undrwood9098

I'm not going to be surprised if BFCVP will be broadcast on TV. Along with the Big 4, it was the only other category to get announced on the Grammys Nomination concert back in December.

Now I REALLY wish Carrie was there! Regardless as to whether she won or not, having her there would be nice, seeing as a category of her's hasn't been televised in 3 years (Song in 2008 for BHC)... :(

Claire2004

So BFCVP will be announced during the show? Has that ever happened before? Lol, this makes it sooooo obvious who won.

hjj

I wonder if labels can influence what categories is announce on air? It would be funny if they announced one of the other 3.