Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 13, 2011] The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards [Official Event Discussion Thread]

teesharky

I believe we can watch the pre-Grammy awards again online at http://www.grammy.com/, and it usually starts at like 2pm EST. That is likely when Carrie's category will be announced.

Last night, the Music Cares concert was held honoring Barbara Streisand. Performers included Leanne Rimes, Faith Hill, Stevie Wonder, The Glee Cast, Jeff Beck, Kristin Chenowith, and Seal, among others.

Pictures of the Music Cares event are here:

WireImage.com

Tonight's Events: Dolly Parton Tribute Concert, and Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party. Confirmed to perform at the Clive Davis party so far, are Jen Hudson and Cee lo Green. Cee Lo will do an uncensored version of F-U tonight at the bash. lol Attendees so far confirmed are JLo, Britney, Mary J Blige, Venus and Serena Williams, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon, and more.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...grammy-party/1

supercarriefan

Justin Bieber could be cringe-worthy especially since he will be joined by Usher (I don't enjoy his new material at all, and haven't since Confessions), and Jaden Smith. Katy Perry will likely be entertaining, but her vocals are never spot on which is a shame.
I hadn't heard Miley was performing...interesting...wonder why she would be there? Seems like an odd choice.
I'm a big music fan, but most of the performers this year don't excite me. I might try to sit through the show for the Aretha Tribute (should be amazing...glad to see Martina included), Lady A, Miranda, and Bruno Mars. I am slightly interested to see Gaga's performance to see if I enjoy Born This Way more when she performs it because I'm not a fan of it so far.

Grace_Of_God

^ ya I thought it was weird when I read she was performing too, maybe the website I read it is wrong. cause idk what shed be performing. Im looking forward to the Aretha Tribute as well. Not looking forward to Bieber. Ive been staying away from Born this Way waiting to hear it till tmw night

supercarriefan

^ ya I thought it was weird when I read she was performing too, maybe the website I read it is wrong. cause idk what shed be performing. Im looking forward to the Aretha Tribute as well. Not looking forward to Bieber. Ive been staying away from Born this Way waiting to hear it till tmw night

Are you a Gaga fan? If you are, you will likely love it, and if not, the reactions seem to be mixed among non-Gaga fans. I hope the performance changes my mind about the song, because the single track, IMO, is not her best work. She always puts on quite the show though, so people will be talking about it the next day regardless.

Grace_Of_God

^ im on the fence about gaga. I could take her or leave her honestly. I liked her song "Speechless" ALOT. and that was the only song of hers ive ever been head over heels about. ive enjoyed a few of her tunes here and there but over all im just blah about her. Nothing against her though

supercarriefan

^ im on the fence about gaga. I could take her or leave her honestly. I liked her song "Speechless" ALOT. and that was the only song of hers ive ever been head over heels about. ive enjoyed a few of her tunes here and there but over all im just blah about her. Nothing against her though

I feel the same way. I've never heard Speechless though...I keep hearing people talk about how great it is though...perhaps I should give it a listen. I keep wanting Gaga to prove to me why she is supposed to be so great...I was hoping that Born This Way was going to do that.
This is off-topic...sorry mods :).

teesharky

It is so weird without Carrie there. lol

I am still going to watch though, because I like so many artists there this year, and we should take advantage of the SWSRN free awards show while we can, considering how rare they are. lol

I just hope next year, Carrie is back at all the award show circuits. She skipped every single mainstream one this year---- PCAS, AMAS, and Grammys-- which is bad because she needs the exposure to her non-country music fans that those shows provide. Hopefully she will be back at them this year--- especially since Mike will be with her so much more now, so she won't have to travel as much, etc. It might give her more time to do things like award shows.

carebear4eva

2011 GRAMMYs

So the GRAMMYs are in approximately 15 hours. I'm still undecided as to whether I should get up to watch them. It depends on three factors : What are the chances she'll win? If she wins who will collect the award? And finally, will the award be streamed online somewhere (Do they stream the pre-show awards?).

Pls reply guys, and I'll make up my mind :)

cpeTN89

I really don't know the answer to the last 2 question but as far on her chances of winning goes....I hope and pray she wins because her and TH deserved to be recognized. But I think that Miranda has it in the bag unfortunately. Grammy's are totally pimping her this year just like they did Taylor last year. I still can't believe Taylor's "white horse" beat Carrie's "just a dream." So, I about guarantee "the house that built me" will beat "temporary home" with all the pimping miranda and that song is getting this year. I think I still might watch just to see the performances but as far as awards go, I do not even care anymore.

Jade_kt

Not planning on watching the Grammy's this year. If Carrie wins, I'll just watch the youtube video of it.

cpeTN89

Does anyone know where I can find a full list of the performers?

I have decided to watch even though I am disappointed Carrie wont be there. Even though I despise awards right now...I still love to watch the performances especially at the Grammy's. It's nice to venture out of the country music world sometimes. Do you guys know if Eminem is performing? I also heard Lady A is performing....anyone know what they will be singing? Very excited for the Aretha Franklin tribute as well. I was surprise Martina was asked to perform in it but very excited....she will do excellent(She is Carrie's idol after all). :D

Sorry for so many questions but if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. :)

AdamLikesCarrie

Yes, pre-telecast can be streamed online...
2 ways
GRAMMY Live | GRAMMY.com &
YouTube - TheGRAMMYs's Channel

For the 1st question: Will Carrie win?
Carrie will win because voters judge based on vocal performance, and many bloggers actually predicting the win for Carrie
Miranda will win because judges vote blindly without looking at criteria and simply pick their favorite who earn the most number of nominees with overrated comments

*Will I watch?
YES! It will be 5am here for Malaysian time, there's still hope for a win for Carrie, so i wanna see if it really happens. Also, there are some other categories which i'm interested in...So, i'll be watching for sure! just afraid my alarm clock turn malfunction or i off that alarm button without realising..lol

lab

I am not watching Grammy Awards!!! NOT INTERESTED, ANYMORE. I am EXCITED TO SEE Steven and Jennifer this coming Wednesday and Thursday during American Idol Show, though. I am really enjoying Season 10, American Idol Show. Lots of tears and laughing!!!