Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 13, 2011] The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards [Official Event Discussion Thread]

undrwood9098

Getting off-topic for just a second, but what do y'all think about the nominations Carrie could get for the upcoming CMT Music Awards? It's fan-voted, and since they're always aired within the first week-week and a half of June, the nominations will probably be announced sometime in late March-early April. If I had to make any predictions that she COULD possibly get, it'd be...
Video - UI (maybe MS, but most likely UI)
Female Video - MS
Performance - pretty much a crapshoot, but maybe the CMA performance of MS? CMT performance of UI? CMT Artist of the Year medley? I really don't know with this one.

carriecountrystar

You guys should look at Miranda's face when she's losing awards :S:S. She always looks mad :S! Obviously she's enjoying all her hype right now

classy carrie is ALWAYS happy for others, even when she loses to an award that she could have had and deserves. did you see when taylor won FVOTY? Carrie still clapped-even harder actually with a big smile while miranda was just... :mad: lol
carrie seems very secure so she doesn't get bumped when the roads get bumpy. what a gal :D I'm so grateful to be a fan of someone who's a star inside and out. onstage and offstage.

Jade_kt

^ as far as CMT awards went, I'm thinking that a good number of carrie fans may have had a hand in miranda winning it.
see, some carrie fans (that may not have loved the video to death) may have helped out miranda as well (since she's never won a buckle and the video was pretty nice too) while still keeping an upper hand for carrie by voting the hardest for the highest honor-VIDEO of the year.

Cowboy Casanova wasn't exactly the most favorited video among fans or others. not to say it was bad or anything like that but seems to me like the "like" in it was more split as this video was really unlike any that the fans has ever seen from carrie. some loved it while others were more indifferent to it.

I voted for Miranda at the CMT but voted hard for Carrie on the bigger award. I rather see Miranda win over TS. But after the EOTY snub, I think I'm sticking to just voting for Carrie next time....lol.

carriecountrystar

^ haha yep. seeing how carrie is always endorsing her and helping her out-I thought, why not? so I did =_^
hmm next time a voting faceoff comes around-I'm giving it all for our girl. no sharing. sowey :p
we can't control industry votes or dirty politics or lazy labels or what not but if we show our support for carrie and really expand and make it bigger then ever-that'd be a big dirty look at them. so let's work harder then EVER and really nail EVERY SINGLE fan voting award out there. show how big our support really is! (carrie army loyal to carrie despite CMA and ACM snub anybody?)
let's GET ALL 'em CMT buckles and work SUPER DUPER hard to get back the AMA and PCA throne for carrie.

pklongbeach

I wouldn't bet one single buck on the way things will go this year at CMT Awards.
This was a huge year for Carrie, but the industry in general has already made it clear how they are going to sell the perception at country.
Miranda will dominate, and you will see alot of Blake/Lady A/ZBB/J.Aldean.
Thats what will happen regardless.
I might suggest that Carrie will "mysteriously" not even end up with nominations to insure others wins.
We shall see, but of all the awards in this industry, CMT is by far the most suspect. So I wouldn't anticipate much this year.

teesharky

no its just common sense. carrie and taylor's fan bases separately are enough to win any award. put them together, no way miranda could win.
becca T

agree. So the only way she could have won was if Blake and other fans voted like crazy. But it just feels strange cuz Taylor's fanbase is HUGE, and so is Carrie's.

It is hard to know what really happened I guess.

Carrieflattsfan

Most Taylor fans are from pop; I wouldn't be surprised if most of them don't watch the CMT awards.
Plus, a few Carrie fans already admitted voting for Miranda; just a few votes could've made a big difference.
Considering Carrie earned the big award of the night, it could also be possible more fans put their energy into that, and slacked off a little on the female video award.

teesharky

Most Taylor fans are from pop; I wouldn't be surprised if most of them don't watch the CMT awards.
Plus, a few Carrie fans already admitted voting for Miranda; just a few votes could've made a big difference.
Considering Carrie earned the big award of the night, it could also be possible more fans put their energy into that, and slacked off a little on the female video award.

I vote for Miranda sometimes when she is not going against Carrie. lol But when Carrie is against her, my priority is always just Carrie. I don't vote for anyone else as I worry that block voting for both could squeeze Carrie out.

But the way things are going, there will be plenty of opportunities to vote for Miranda now, without hurting Carrie, if Carrie is not even nominated. lol

However, I vote for EOTY for who deserves it, and I feel either Brad or Keith deserve it and earned it.

carriecountrystar

taylor has already swept CMT TWICE. I wouldn't be surprised if her fans came back bigger and stronger. miranda will already have dips and advantage of course. we carrie fans may have disadvantage so we really have to not only vote ourselves but get a bigger campaign to recruit others as well.

DaisyTweets

Getting off-topic for just a second, but what do y'all think about the nominations Carrie could get for the upcoming CMT Music Awards? It's fan-voted, and since they're always aired within the first week-week and a half of June, the nominations will probably be announced sometime in late March-early April. If I had to make any predictions that she COULD possibly get, it'd be...
Video - UI (maybe MS, but most likely UI)
Female Video - MS
Performance - pretty much a crapshoot, but maybe the CMA performance of MS? CMT performance of UI? CMT Artist of the Year medley? I really don't know with this one.

I would almost bet my last dollar that last year's CMT Award performance of Undo It will be up for the CMT Performance award this year. That performance was out of this world outstanding and is deserving of the award!!!

Carrieflattsfan

I would almost bet my last dollar that last year's CMT Award performance of Undo It will be up for the CMT Performance award this year. That performance was out of this world outstanding and is deserving of the award!!!

Oh, I forgot about that performance!!! One of her best. I can't get over how she knocks UI out of the park live everytime; just by listening to it you can tell it's probably so hard to sing. :D

Grace_Of_God

I get WHY they're doing it as it seems to be the "golden" opportunity but that still doesn't justify anything AT ALL.
taking advantage by manipulating situation and people to get to where you WANT to be is just so low.
it's not JUST a slap to carrie's face but also shows disrespect for the country music community and the awards given from...
it's just like when dealing with politics-someone wants to win and goes and steals funding from the other politician or someone messes with the voting. (-usually they're called SCANDALS o_Ooo) or how about if the government lies to citizens and does illegal undertakings? yeah sure it's all "political" either way but would you honestly see that as "just" business and OK just because it's going to be "political" anyways?
in ANY business ANYwhere with ANYone-there are still certain rules and boundaries that are applied.
THIS just sounds like dirty business to me. I don't care how much they want miranda and whoever to get in cash-there's no need to go as far as to mess with our girl. sorry but I DO have a PROBLEM with THAT.

i dont think i ever said any of it was okay. i even clearly stated its not fair

teesharky

Well one thing is for sure. I don't see Taylor or Miranda getting asked to sing with Tony Bennett anytime soon. lol They can steal all Carrie's awards but they can NEVER steal her respect.