Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 13, 2011] The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards [Official Event Discussion Thread]

pklongbeach

I don't mean to be insensitive in saying this, but seriously, haven't we exhausted this topic enough? I know it's upsetting to not know what is going on, but talking about it so much will make it even worse for us, IMO. OK, so we know the label PROBABLY backed Miranda over Carrie. That's the politics of the game, and it's a price most artists have to pay at some point. I'm sure some Artista artists were pushed aside when Carrie was the biggest success in the music; it works both ways.
Miranda's time will pass, and the label will focus their attention on someone else. Miranda is just now having success, and it makes sense that the label would want to push her while she's hot. It may not be fair, but that's a big part of promotion for any artist who has a huge breakthrough and becomes massively popular. The same thing is happening with Lady A right now as well.

It's difficult to know everything that's going on, and it probably doesn't help that Carrie may purposely avoiding the spotlight so she can have a break with Mike before the new album is started.

And honestly, I think some fans are overreacting to everything that's happening to Miranda right now. She's in the spotlight when Carrie isn't; I don't think there's any reason to believe Artista isn't backing Carrie, simply because not much is going on right now.
Maybe she CHOSE to take a break.
Of course the Grammy's are going to post an Itunes link; she won an award & performed. They probably do that with all the artists. Just because Miranda has the promotion over Carrie right now doesn't mean Artista has a personal vendetta against her or something.
You hit the nail on the head for me, but I think you may have hit the wrong nail.
"A huge breakthrough and becomes massively popular"?? Really?
"Push her while she's hot"??
These would indicate that ML has exploded on the scene and the label would be crazy to ignore her. So they would drop everything to ride this tidal waze of moneymaking success.
Nothing could be further from reality.
A song that was deemed good enough to have big success was given to ML and it was designed that she would have this success with it. That song propelled her Cd forward absolutely. It "almost" made her a household name. But didn't manage to do that. It gave the label the opportunity to refocus their attention, to realign the stars.
But to suggest that the label shifted to a massively popular breakthrough artist who is really hot right now, is not even reality.
We are not talking about TS or Shania Twain here.
WE are talking about a label that has decided to stop pushing a massively popular artist in order to "try to create" a hot artist out of someone who was having only mediocre success and is now back to having that same mediocre success now that the popularity of "the song" is over.
All they have left to push is her. And it's a hard sell.
This entire thing could have just as easily happened to K.Pickler if they had given her that song. And we would be having the same exact conversation.

pklongbeach

But before I start sounding too ungrateful. I am still very glad thngs happened for Carrie the way they did.
I hold my head up high everyday knowng that it was her talent, good looks and charm that got her where she is today and if the big "carrie push" is over so be it.
I have always known Carrie would not be the it girl forever. And I always felt that it was through talent and hard work that she got there in the first place. So I agree with you all that as we return to a certain amount of "normalsy" with Carries career that we can return to it being about the music and her singing and her efforts in the community to make this a better place to live.
I know the awards don't matter and she certainly has her fair share.
All I have ever wanted for her was to be able to walk into a room and have people understand that she is an Artist, first and formost.
And I think she is there. I think she arrived.
It hardly matters wether she is in a down period or not.
She is very well respected. And that is all I ever wanted.
April's getting closer!!

Carrieflattsfan

i agree with those saying lets move on, but i think everyone's problem isnt that someone else is being backed over Carrie. the problem is someone with less success is being backed. if miranda got all the song awards, good for her. but she was given everything. thats the problem. but yes, it doesnt matter how many times we go over it in our heads, its still happening, its better to just look to the future to all the wonderful things carrie has in store for us :cool:
becca T

I agree, but this is also a big part of the politics of the business. Just as labels are going to back the current "it" artists, sometimes they'll back people who may not deserve it as much as another artist.
There are so many recent examples of this with Carrie, Rascal Flatts, Tim, Faith, and others with PROVEN solid success being overlooked for others that aren't near their level.
How about the fact that people were crying foul when Jason Alden wasn't nominated for male vocalist, yet he managed to get an ETOY nomination? Artists can go from underrated to undeserving in an instant with these awards shows.
There's no telling what the voters are thinking, and judging by how odd so many of the choices can be, I don't think we'll ever be able to explain why it's happening.

It's incredibly unfair, but it's something Carrie (and many other artists) are going to have deal with throughout their entire careers. This isn't the first time Carrie has dealt with the politics of the business I'm sure, and it won't be the last.
All we can do is trust Carrie and allow her to stand up for herself and handle this on her own. If we continue to support her, that's more than enough validation that we will always be here for her no matter what her label choses to do.
No one can predict the future, so we should look forward to what Carrie will (and already has) reward us with in her career. :D

Carrieflattsfan

you hit the nail on the head for me, but i think you may have hit the wrong nail.
"a huge breakthrough and becomes massively popular"?? Really?
"push her while she's hot"??
These would indicate that ml has exploded on the scene and the label would be crazy to ignore her. So they would drop everything to ride this tidal waze of moneymaking success.
a song that was deemed good enough to have big success was given to ml and it was designed that she would have this success with it. That song propelled her cd forward absolutely. It "almost" made her a household name. But didn't manage to do that. It gave the label the opportunity to refocus their attention, to realign the stars.
but to suggest that the label shifted to a massively popular breakthrough artist who is really hot right now, is not even reality.
We are not talking about ts or shania twain here.

You make some good points, and i agree with the angle you've taken. Miranda's not a huge star, and i didn't mean to imply that. But she did have the biggest song of 2009, which has increased her album sales and given her a (slight) push into the mainstream media that she didn't have before. The label knows she had the success, and they're probably thinking if they push her while she's at the forefront of people's minds, it could impact her future.
Miranda may have had slight success in the country world, but anything that makes the general public take notice is something the label will probably want to take advantage of.
Her current success could be used as a jumping point for the label, because it's helping them push her to where she couldn't go before.
Who knows if the efforts will pay off? They will never know unless they take a chance while they can, and that seems to be happening with Miranda right now.

Whether it's fair or not isn't the issue to me. The label is a business, and they are going make some choices that don't make sense. We may accuse them of trying to "create a star," but that's what they're paid to do. Sometimes a little success is all the excuse the label needs to back an artist, and it's hard to say who they will push and the reasons they choose to do so.

pklongbeach

you hit the nail on the head for me, but i think you may have hit the wrong nail.
"a huge breakthrough and becomes massively popular"?? Really?
"push her while she's hot"??
These would indicate that ml has exploded on the scene and the label would be crazy to ignore her. So they would drop everything to ride this tidal waze of moneymaking success.
a song that was deemed good enough to have big success was given to ml and it was designed that she would have this success with it. That song propelled her cd forward absolutely. It "almost" made her a household name. But didn't manage to do that. It gave the label the opportunity to refocus their attention, to realign the stars.
but to suggest that the label shifted to a massively popular breakthrough artist who is really hot right now, is not even reality.
We are not talking about ts or shania twain here.

You make some good points, and i agree with the angle you've taken. Miranda's not a huge star, and i didn't mean to imply that. But she did have the biggest song of 2009, which has increased her album sales and given her a (slight) push into the mainstream media that she didn't have before. The label knows she had the success, and they're probably thinking if they push her while she's at the forefront of people's minds, it could impact her future.
Miranda may have had slight success in the country world, but anything that makes the general public take notice is something the label will probably want to take advantage of.
Her current success could be used as a jumping point for the label, because it's helping them push her to where she couldn't go before.
Who knows if the efforts will pay off? They will never know unless they take a chance while they can, and that seems to be happening with Miranda right now.

Whether it's fair or not isn't the issue to me. The label is a business, and they are going make some choices that don't make sense. We may accuse them of trying to "create a star," but that's what they're paid to do. Sometimes a little success is all the excuse the label needs to back an artist, and it's hard to say who they will push and the reasons they choose to do so.
Absolutely. (I love your posts by the way).
I think in hindsight, if Carrie had gotten a nod for ACM EOTY, I wouldn't be feeling nearly so much of this angst.
I would be perfectly fine with hr taking time off from shows. And I would not care a bit that Miranda is being given a nudge by the label to get her out there.
I do think she is a respectable country artist and deserves to be heard.
But when you have an artist like Carrie have the year she had with 2010, and get ignored in order to do alittle game playing with the singers on your rowster, then I'm pissed.
So I'm sure alot of my feelings about the way things are going right now are just misdirected frustration about that one nomination. An obvious slam dunk that would have easily brought this era to a close with everyone proud and happy.
But that didn't happen, so I am still left tremedously disappointed at the end of a really hard year for Carrie.
It wasn't like she tripped at the finish line. It feels like the judges weren't even watching.
So as a proud papa, yeah, I'm pissed.
But with you guys help, the theorpy is working! (wink).

nccountrygal

I think in hindsight, if Carrie had gotten a nod for ACM EOTY, I wouldn't be feeling nearly so much of this angst.
I would be perfectly fine with hr taking time off from shows. And I would not care a bit that Miranda is being given a nudge by the label to get her out there.
But when you have an artist like Carrie have the year she had with 2010, and get ignored in order to do alittle game playing with the singers on your rowster, then I'm pissed.
So I'm sure alot of my feelings about the way things are going right now are just misdirected frustration about that one nomination. An obvious slam dunk that would have easily brought this era to a close with everyone proud and happy.
But that didn't happen, so I am still left tremedously disappointed at the end of a really hard year for Carrie.
It wasn't like she tripped at the finish line. It feels like the judges weren't even watching.

My thoughts too! I think if Carrie had gotten at least the ACM EOTY nomination after the EOTY nomination snub at the CMAs we would all feel a little better. But the fact is she was denied that nomination to help one person win and to help another artist's career at both the CMAs and the ACMs. Anyways, I have nothing against Miranda but I do think the label is going overboard in the promotion of her as far as trying to get her as many nominations as possible at these award shows. Again you would think that Miranda did better than anyone else in country music last year which isn't the case at all. Miranda did better than Miranda as ever done compared to Miranda not everyone else. It still makes me mad that the label has helped to deny well deserved EOTY nominations for Carrie while trying to achieve some desired outcome. Again I will say the label would have never done this to Kenny or Brad. I just find it very disrespectful to Carrie. My final comment on this is when an artist gets an EOTY nomination in order to help their career then that should tell you something right there. They should not have been nominated in the first place. The EOTY is supposed to be the highest honor for these country music artists and you should have already earned that nomination when you are nominated. It should not be given to someone in the hopes of helping that person's career!

nccountrygal

Miranda's not the "It" artist though. My sister doesn't even know who she is because she's not a "country fan" although she likes Brad, Keith, Carrie, Lady A ext. So just sayin even though my sister doesn't define what is popular she knows country artists, and likes some country. My point is I don't think Miranda is that much more popular. People I know were kinda like "where's Carrie" @ the Grammy's. So i'm not really sure if the label's plan worked. I think they are trying to make Miranda more popular, but she just sings too much redneck/country IMO

I also think Carrie has done more than enough to win FV since she was snubbed for EOTY. I figured they would just give Miranda a freebe with the vocalist award, but Carrie has 3 no 1 hits and 1 no 2. Miranda has 2 1's and 2 that barely broke the top ten. half the album sales of Carrie, not even close in touring, or appearances ext.

Well I think the label was banking on Miranda winning a grammy for her album so that certaintly did not work out for them did it. Unless Miranda changes her style of country singing meaning more contemporay I don't see her being any where near as popular as Carrie or Taylor.
This is still why I can't believe the label is not going to release a 5th song from PO. Carrie is a consistent seller for the label and its not like she isn't selling at all so it still makes no sense to me why no 5th single.

teesharky

It is very strange. They are acting like Carrie doesn't exist right now. It is one thing for Carrie to take a little break after the tour, as she deserves it. But what is the label doing for her right now? They haven't done anything in months. It is as if they are off duty when it concerns Carrie.

teesharky

Miranda's not the "It" artist though. My sister doesn't even know who she is because she's not a "country fan" although she likes Brad, Keith, Carrie, Lady A ext. So just sayin even though my sister doesn't define what is popular she knows country artists, and likes some country. My point is I don't think Miranda is that much more popular. People I know were kinda like "where's Carrie" @ the Grammy's. So i'm not really sure if the label's plan worked. I think they are trying to make Miranda more popular, but she just sings too much redneck/country IMO

I also think Carrie has done more than enough to win FV since she was snubbed for EOTY. I figured they would just give Miranda a freebe with the vocalist award, but Carrie has 3 no 1 hits and 1 no 2. Miranda has 2 1's and 2 that barely broke the top ten. half the album sales of Carrie, not even close in touring, or appearances ext. Why should Miranda get a free ride because her career needs the help? I feel like this is some sort of country artist stimulus bill that was passed. Like everything else though it's not working, it's just blowing money.

Within the traditionalists and purists, or outloaw country people-- Miranda isi the new Gretchen, and the IT girl to them. They have never liked Carrie anyway as she is too Pop for them or too sweet or from AI or whatever their problem is.

But outside of that nitch, Carrie is still WAY more popular. The awards, critical acclaim, and industry buzz do not determine popularity as Carrie still beats Miranda in the fan voted stuff, as does Taylor. I think Carrie gave Miranda the Female CMT award last year, as there is no way Miranda beat Taylor AND Carrie for that category. It just doesn't make sense.

Outside of country music, most people didn't know who Miranda was untilt the Grammys. The twitter comments were all like, Where is Carrie? or even, where is Taylor? lol

Not saying this to knock Miranda as she is very talented and I respect her. I am fine with her winning a Grammy, as she has earned it. But the over-pimping lately and screweing Carrie is what is bugging me so much. I am not blaming Miranda though-- I am blaming the label.

teesharky

yeah that is my main issue too. I don't care that much about song, single, video, album, whatever. Mirnada got the critical acclaim for Revolution that PO lacked as the critics were never fond of Carrie. So give that to Miranda if need be. I am ok with that.

But I am not ok with EOTY. Miranda hasn't earned it yet, and to snub Carrie for that category was insane, and so wrong on every level.

bigbluegrl23

i feel like whenever an artist is in between albums, it can feel like they vanished. the same thing that is happening now (minus the snubs), happened in between carnival ride and play on. i really felt down bc a) carrie has no new music and b) taylor was becoming so big. of course, once CC came out, i realized people did miss carrie, she just didnt have anything to give radio before. i think we all need to just breathe, and realize that once the 4th album comes out, everything will return to normal. imo, the larger the break, the larger an artist who is so popular becomes missed. i think it was tee who is nervous about carrie and miranda releasing albums at the same time bc of promotion, and i really dont think its gonna b a problem. miranda isnt popular enough to do the types of promotion opportunities carrie has. take magazine covers for example, is Miranda really big enough to be on the some of the biggest covers? i dont think she is.
becca T

DizzyDollyDee

i feel like whenever an artist is in between albums, it can feel like they vanished. the same thing that is happening now (minus the snubs), happened in between carnival ride and play on. i really felt down bc a) carrie has no new music and b) taylor was becoming so big. of course, once CC came out, i realized people did miss carrie, she just didnt have anything to give radio before. i think we all need to just breathe, and realize that once the 4th album comes out, everything will return to normal. imo, the larger the break, the larger an artist who is so popular becomes missed. i think it was tee who is nervous about carrie and miranda releasing albums at the same time bc of promotion, and i really dont think its gonna b a problem. miranda isnt popular enough to do the types of promotion opportunities carrie has. take magazine covers for example, is Miranda really big enough to be on the some of the biggest covers? i dont think she is.
becca T

I think Tees concern, as its also mine, is how is the label going to treat Carrie's next album. Are they only going to push Miranda's album and give Carrie's only a slight recognition - as they are doing now? Will this ignoring her continue?

pklongbeach

One thing the label is doing is redirecting the consumer to ML product instead of CU.
By closing the book on PO, that means they stop distributing CD's. The label does not take on the expence of that.
They release a 5th single for Miranda, and since there are already Cd's on the shelves they win either way. It will help them to get rid of more Revolution CD's and they don't have to worry about distributing PO cd's.
So yes, of course you see increases in ML's numbers. Of course Revolution is selling and PO is not.
It was a stretigic move on the labels part and who knows if it will pay off. We will never know if SWISLY or WCIS would have exploded and caused a surge in CD sales. The label pulled the plug on that whole idea.
Tehy probably just wanted to get the Revolution CD's they had left sold!
It's very possible that they had porduced lets say 1 mil PO Cd's on a second print. And 98.7 % of them sold. Are they really going to go all out and start the machine again inthe "hopes" of selling more PO Cd's? No, they cut it off and decided not to take that chance.
And in th same senario it is very possible that they were still sitting on another 500.000 copies of Revolution and needed to get them off the books.
Thus another single and a push at radio and award shows.
My biggest problem with all this is in order to make a bottom line as a business these guys are messing with the publics perception of these ladies popularity and ability.
And yes, that bugs me alot more than closing the era on PO.

teesharky

^ I think you are right that some things will return to normal once Album 4 comes out. But I am not convinced that Carrie will just start dominating award shows like she did before. There is a definite conflict of interest now within the label-- and they are backing Miranda now, not Carrie. So her snub may continue in terms of award shows. Sure, she will be everywhere to promote her album, and that will make us all happy. But I do not have confidence that her label will suddenly ignore Miranda when Carrie's album comes out. Not even close! Miranda will have a new album out at the same time as Carrie's, so that is the problem. They will be splitting their attention and promo dollars between them-- and they will be backing Miranda again at award shows- just watch.

So I think the era of Carrie dominating award shows could be over-- unless the label does a 180 and starts supporting Carrie again. I just don't see them abandoning their precious one- ML- any time soon.

Also-- we have never had an album lull this long before. It was always just a few months. Now- we have to deal with possibly 9 more months before a new single comes out-- or longer. We have no guarantee her album is coming out this fall. We are just assuming it. We could be a whole year without any Carrie material or anything at all if they release her album in 2012, and that would really really suck.

teesharky

One thing the label is doing is redirecting the consumer to ML product instead of CU.
By closing the book on PO, that means they stop distributing CD's. The label does not take on the expence of that.
They release a 5th single for Miranda, and since there are already Cd's on the shelves they win either way. It will help them to get rid of more Revolution CD's and they don't have to worry about distributing PO cd's.
So yes, of course you see increases in ML's numbers. Of course Revolution is selling and PO is not.
It was a stretigic move on the labels part and who knows if it will pay off. We will never know if SWISLY or WCIS would have exploded and caused a surge in CD sales. The label pulled the plug on that whole idea.
Tehy probably just wanted to get the Revolution CD's they had left sold!
It's very possible that they had porduced lets say 1 mil PO Cd's on a second print. And 98.7 % of them sold. Are they really going to go all out and start the machine again inthe "hopes" of selling more PO Cd's? No, they cut it off and decided not to take that chance.
And in th same senario it is very possible that they were still sitting on another 500.000 copies of Revolution and needed to get them off the books.
Thus another single and a push at radio and award shows.
My biggest problem with all this is in order to make a bottom line as a business these guys are messing with the publics perception of these ladies popularity and ability.
And yes, that bugs me alot more than closing the era on PO.

agree, And alot of the money they are spending to promote Miranda, came from Carrie. So that makes their terrible treatment of Carrie even more disturbing. Carrie's hard work is now helping Miranda's career instead of her own. Sickening.

pklongbeach

I think Tees concern, as its also mine, is how is the label going to treat Carrie's next album. Are they only going to push Miranda's album and give Carrie's only a slight recognition - as they are doing now? Will this ignoring her continue?
I will go on a limb and suggest that the label will push them equally. You will see no harder push for Carrie in any way. Now at management, that is a different story. I think Carries team will use all the typical things that Carrie has to her advantage. High profile/very attractive/top notch vocals/many venues clamoring to get her a spot on thier shows.
Mirandas team (I will suggest) will use a different approach. A more subtle on. You will suddenly start seeing comparisons in the press, stories like "who is better", or "Who's the reigning Queen of Country".
By doing this, they will get alot of notice for Miranda and alot of people talking, and alot of raised eyebrows as to which CD's should be purchased and "who is better".
It is an approach that Pepsi has taken in advertizing for generations. They constantly use comparisons to Coke in their adds. Most of thier most successful add campaigns have basically been smears on Coke.
But Coke in it's full history has never even uddered the word Pepsi in an add. It has never had to. It's Coke!
Thats exactly what we will see and it "will" sell ML cd's.

teesharky

I think I would just feel better if we knew the game plan here. Is the album coming out this Fall? Or will it be pushed back to help Miranda have a fall release instead? Will there be a new lead single by September, or will we wait even longer? How long will this lag period go on? The lack of a concrete game plan is bothering me, since it is already almost March. That leaves them only 6 months to create a lead single if they plan for a late Fall album release.

Even Entertainment Weekly did not know what to write about Carrie's future plans in that recent article about successful AI alums. I posted it weeks ago in the rag mag report. lol They said something like "Carrrie will be writing for a new project but no dates set." It was very vague sounding, the way they put it, like they didn't know what to say. Everyone else had concrete plans and projects, not Carrie.

It was weird.

carriecountrystar

miranda reminds me of a "sarah evans" kind of artist. (very twangy country like-suds in the bucket anyone?) not really huge at all so when there's that one year or that ONE song that actually charts to top 10 where she has a bit of success then she is the "it" girl. (winning over faith and martina even). however it's different in that the labels weren't the ones shoving down their own most deserving artist and pampering to the other and it was not by all means actually prolonged into a total oversaturation and almost a joke like it is this situation.

also, another important factor in all of this to not be ignore is that what sets apart our girl is that all was not just GIVEN to her on a PLATE where carrie barely even met the requirements and she got all those awards JUSt because she was "new". Carrie WORKED for it and IS a STAR. she has that "x factor" that made her appealing to the masses. she wasn't just shoved down our throats by manipulating other artists. sure there has been times when the industry has turned its head to another who's had a breakthrough and ones like faith hill, gretchen, martina...etc. are no longer the golden girl but the difference is that they were already fading while the new one (carrie) took country music BY A STORM. it was just WAYY too big to ignore. she kept pumping out #1 single ONE AFTER THE OTHER while the others singles started climbing slower and slower and peaking at much lower positions. you can tell their "it" time was already up and their peak has already been past and it was TIME to also give attention to ones that are doing equally if not more for country music.
carrie DESERVED without a doubt all the awards given to her. she had the talent, the numbers, the popularity, the RESPECT AND the acclaim from her own peers and legends/veterans. how many times (or lack thereof) has taylor gotten standing Os? miranda? (1 time). Look at many of carrie's performances-almost every time she gets long standing Os!! (i.e. "jesus take the wheel" acm performance, "just a dream" CMA performance. "change" CNN, "prayer for time"-american idol, "neon moon" -brooks and dunn tribute (didn't air the ovation though there was)...etc.)

now with THIS situation it's QUITE different ENTIRELY. Miranda comes out with ONE single and it actually reaches #1 and she starts her FIRST headlining tour (opener for most of the eligibility time) and her singles can actually barely reach top 10 but BECAUSE she's never really had success popularity wise, sales wise-that THAT makes her the "golden girl"? how in the world can that compare with the success of carrie? if miranda had also reached the success and IS doing BETTER while CARRIE is FLOPPINg and FADING while MIRANDA is BREAKING THROUGH then BY ALL MEANS-go for it! thing is, miranda HASN'T reached the level at all. there's just NO justification in this. Carrie's WORST year blows away miranda's BEST year yet. all this OVER pimping is just sick and way exceeds that of other political "snubs" or what not in the past. (other artists weren't just "pushed" aside. sure they might not be the "it" nominee but that's BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ANYMORE. CARRIE IS. BIG difference tell me, what has miranda done more then carrie like CARRIE herself has done more then other nominees in the past when she was winning? ) this is lasting way too long and this MANIPULATION to their OWN superstar and shoving her brilliance light down is just a shame.
I guess what I'm most upset about is just seeing how miranda, even with these minimum success can get such high awards and recognitions/multiple nominations DESPITE the requirements or qualifications and the fact that she really isn't up to that level BUT can get the SAME or even much more recognition and award that carrie has gotten even though she is still million miles away from that level. ... it's just a shame how the credibility can be dropped so low. it's like a kid can get 50% of his math WRONG and another kid that get 100% gets the SAME grade. idk... it's a bit upsetting.

ohh well. dont' get me wrong, I'm still grateful for all the awards carrie has gotten. I'm just a bit sad that it has come to this but hopefully with NEW carrie music that will come out SOOOOOOON (don't burst my bubble please :p)-I'll be fine and dandy. I just need to hear that beautiful voice again and just some GOOD NEWS D:

Last edited:

HuiZ

now with THIS situation it's QUITE different ENTIRELY. Miranda comes out with ONE single and it actually reaches #1 and she starts her FIRST headlining tour (opener for most of the eligibility time) and her singles can actually barely reach top 10 but BECAUSE she's never really had success popularity wise, sales wise-that THAT makes her the "golden girl"? how in the world can that compare with the success of carrie? if miranda had also reached the success and IS doing BETTER while CARRIE is FLOPPINg and FADING while MIRANDA is BREAKING THROUGH then BY ALL MEANS-go for it! thing is, miranda HASN'T reached the level at all. there's just NO justification in this. Carrie's WORST year blows away miranda's BEST year yet. all this OVER pimping is just sick and way exceeds that of other political "snubs" or what not in the past. (other artists weren't just "pushed" aside. sure they might not be the "it" nominee but that's BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ANYMORE. CARRIE IS. BIG difference tell me, what has miranda done more then carrie like CARRIE herself has done more then other nominees in the past when she was winning? ) this is lasting way too long and this MANIPULATION to their OWN superstar and shoving her brilliance light down is just a shame.
I guess what I'm most upset about is just seeing how miranda, even with these minimum success can get such high awards and recognitions/multiple nominations DESPITE the requirements or qualifications and the fact that she really isn't up to that level BUT can get the SAME or even much more recognition and award that carrie has gotten even though she is still million miles away from that level. ... it's just a shame how the credibility can be dropped so low. it's like a kid can get 50% of his math WRONG and another kid that get 100% gets the SAME grade. idk... it's a bit upsetting.
Perhaps you could think of it this way: If the label doesn't take their chance of promoting Miranda now, the opportunity might never come again. Songs like THTBM don't come along all the time. (much like the impact of JTTW for Carrie)

carriecountrystar

^ I don't have a problem with them promoting miranda and the song. it's HOW they do it that matters to me. do it within bounds! is it right that they manipulate and use carrie-banking in all her success while giving the cash to miranda? would it be right if phelps won every race he's in but the medal is given to another BECAUSE he's already won one? yeah, GIVE the silver to the guy who earned the silver! I don't have a problem with that! if phelps loses-OK he LOSES so he doesn't get a medal. OK THAT would be FINE. just give credit and dues WHERE IT IS due.