Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 13, 2011] The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards [Official Event Discussion Thread]

carriecountrystar

^ as much a success as JTTW was-carrie didn't have JUST that. she had everything else added up and multiplied along with it and it all comes down to a grand sum of remarkable credentials and a WORTHY nominee and winner. she certainly didn't have to have arms twisted for it along the process. it was all EARNED.

carriecountrystar

lol I guess I'm just really sore because it's not outside voters but her OWN label that doesn't give a thought or take in account what she's done and just tossing that away while banking from her and giving it all to miranda through manipulation and sick games. carrie doesn't deserve that.

Grace_Of_God

^ as much a success as JTTW was-carrie didn't have JUST that. she had everything else added up and multiplied along with it and it all comes down to a grand sum of remarkable credentials and a WORTHY nominee and winner. she certainly didn't have to have arms twisted for it along the process. it was all EARNED.

but nobody could have predicted that she would have more after that. Sure we're bias because we love her so we hoped shed have more hits but JTTW was her first single....i think thats what Hulz was trying to say (correct me if im wrong)

jbrown

^ I don't have a problem with them promoting miranda and the song. it's HOW they do it that matters to me. do it within bounds! is it right that they manipulate and use carrie-banking in all her success while giving the cash to miranda? would it be right if phelps won every race he's in but the medal is given to another BECAUSE he's already won one? yeah, GIVE the silver to the guy who earned the silver! I don't have a problem with that! if phelps loses-OK he LOSES so he doesn't get a medal. OK THAT would be FINE. just give credit and dues WHERE IT IS due.

Exactly. They are overpromoting and overexposing her. Nominating her 2x in one category is an overkill. It does not look good on Miranda. She is talented but not worthy yet of EOTY nomination 2x.

carriecountrystar

but nobody could have predicted that she would have more after that. Sure we're bias because we love her so we hoped shed have more hits but JTTW was her first single....i think thats what Hulz was trying to say (correct me if im wrong)

any award carrie has gotten for her songs were well awarded as they were IMMENSELY successful. JTTW was selling like crazy (SIX weeks at #1) going platinum (at that time -that's like diamond!) and other singles following as well. She must have had at least 3 #1 singles going around time of eligibility for other awards (other then song)- like female vocalist as well that makes her a worthy recipient. (following her widely successful touring, album sales, appearances...etc.). Carrie stepped right from the AI stages right onto the opry (country's most FAMOUS stages) and right into standing Os at ACM and CMA.
carrie rightfully earned every single nomination with her dominance at country music. on the other hand, miranda is hardly dominating, if at all and has never been. the awards (especially EOTY) is based on WHAT they HAD DONE ALREADY (the credentials are based on what they had accomplished during the eligibility period) not on what they sort of might be capable (using imagination) of in the next 100 years.

Grace_Of_God

^ I think i get what youre saying. Let me try and see. Huiz point was, the fact their pushing THTBM so much is because they dont know if Miranda will have a hit like this again. Just like when Carrie had JTTW. But your response to that is when Carrie had JTTW that was her first single (and shes had many hits since). But Mirandas had her time to produce hits and hasnt really and THTBM isnt her first single. is that it?

But then....isnt that more of a reason for the Label to strike while the irons hot with Miranda? since they know this might not happen again? While it might not be fair....it's business.

Claire2004

^^With the CMT I don't think it's label that was the culprit, but probably the CMT people themselves? Wanting to spread the awards, and sensing that Miranda is having a good year with Revolution? Or maybe the fans concentrated on the female video votes? I dunno lol.

Carrieflattsfan

^ I think i get what youre saying. Let me try and see. Huiz point was, the fact their pushing THTBM so much is because they dont know if Miranda will have a hit like this again. Just like when Carrie had JTTW. But your response to that is when Carrie had JTTW that was her first single (and shes had many hits since). But Mirandas had her time to produce hits and hasnt really and THTBM isnt her first single. is that it?

But then....isnt that more of a reason for the Label to strike while the irons hot with Miranda? since they know this might not happen again? While it might not be fair....it's business.

You hit the nail on the head. That's what I've been trying to say. :D

Claire2004

Both sides of this discussion have valid points. We can discuss this all day long, but fact of the matter is, fair or not, it IS happening, label is backing and prioritizing Miranda. It is not something we have control over. All we can do at this point is keep supporting Carrie. We need to show them that no matter how hard they try their tactic is not working, we still think Carrie is the best vocalist and not any other artists they're trying to push.

teesharky

Well in all fairness to Carrie she didn't have half of the competition when she won her first FV award and they wouldn't have dreamed of voting Carrie EOTY until she performed at every arena this side of mexico. just sayin. Carrie's had to work harder and do more because of Idol, even though Miranda is a reality show loser (just mean she lost her season) i mean I can see where people think everything that is happening to Carrie right now isn't right, especially when they are just handing it to Miranda when Carrie's pretty much beat her handily.
BTW if people think Miranda won FV at the CMT's outright then why do you guys not think she can win EOTY? Just sayin because Carrie can take down all of them with votes, but Miranda can beat her and Taylor? I still don't buy that. It's the first time I've ever thought the CMT awards may be fixed a bit by the label. I think the label is pushing her too much and it's just not coming off as realistic. Of course that's just the way I see the situation at the moment. I could be wrong.

I think that either Carrie told CMT to give that award to Miranda to give her a buckle to be nice, or, CMT did it on their own to be nice to Miranda. They wanted her to win her first buckle, since so many were won by Carrie and Taylor.

I do not believe for one second that Miranda beat Carrie AND Taylor's combined fanbases for that award. No way.

Carrieflattsfan

I think that either Carrie told CMT to give that award to Miranda to give her a buckle to be nice, or, CMT did it on their own to be nice to Miranda. They wanted her to win her first buckle, since so many were won by Carrie and Taylor.

I do not believe for one second that Miranda beat Carrie AND Taylor's combined fanbases for that award. No way.

Are you serious?? I'm sorry, but I find that idea to be absolutely insane. So everything Carrie & Taylor win is valid, but as soon as you don't agree with an outcome, there's some sort of payola going on?:confused:

gocountrymusic

Also It wasn't Just Miranda's fanbase voting for her. She is the symbol of roots country music so more traditionalists have actually made an effort to vote for her. I don't think there was anything faulty with her winning that award either.

bigbluegrl23

Are you serious?? I'm sorry, but I find that idea to be absolutely insane. So everything Carrie & Taylor win is valid, but as soon as you don't agree with an outcome, there's some sort of payola going on?:confused:

no its just common sense. carrie and taylor's fan bases separately are enough to win any award. put them together, no way miranda could win.
becca T

AIgrl06

^But Miranda also had Blake's fanbase voting for her. And Carrie's and Taylor's fans may have been concentrating on winning other awards, and not paying as much attention to Female Video. I don't think it's suspicious at all.

Grace_Of_God

^ ya and she got enough votes to make it as a finalist on Nashville Star and shes only gained more fans since then, so you add that with Blakes fans

liveasong

You guys should look at Miranda's face when she's losing awards :S:S. She always looks mad :S! Obviously she's enjoying all her hype right now

carriecountrystar

I get WHY they're doing it as it seems to be the "golden" opportunity but that still doesn't justify anything AT ALL.
taking advantage by manipulating situation and people to get to where you WANT to be is just so low.
it's not JUST a slap to carrie's face but also shows disrespect for the country music community and the awards given from...
it's just like when dealing with politics-someone wants to win and goes and steals funding from the other politician or someone messes with the voting. (-usually they're called SCANDALS o_Ooo) or how about if the government lies to citizens and does illegal undertakings? yeah sure it's all "political" either way but would you honestly see that as "just" business and OK just because it's going to be "political" anyways?
in ANY business ANYwhere with ANYone-there are still certain rules and boundaries that are applied.
THIS just sounds like dirty business to me. I don't care how much they want miranda and whoever to get in cash-there's no need to go as far as to mess with our girl. sorry but I DO have a PROBLEM with THAT.

Last edited:

carriecountrystar

^ as far as CMT awards went, I'm thinking that a good number of carrie fans may have had a hand in miranda winning it.
see, some carrie fans (that may not have loved the video to death) may have helped out miranda as well (since she's never won a buckle and the video was pretty nice too) while still keeping an upper hand for carrie by voting the hardest for the highest honor-VIDEO of the year.

Cowboy Casanova wasn't exactly the most favorited video among fans or others. not to say it was bad or anything like that but seems to me like the "like" in it was more split as this video was really unlike any that the fans has ever seen from carrie. some loved it while others were more indifferent to it.

carriecountrystar

I honestly don't think miranda could have pulled it off singlehandedly with her fan base but who knows...
I wouldn't put it past miranda to pull off a EOTY win. her fans are pretty dedicated and she might get combined votes from blake shelton/reba fanbase. also, she's getting married soon right? so she would be having some extra hype, especially, since they're all delusionlizing how to make miranda/blake a power couple like faith/tim was- (also, split vote between brad (more industry votes) and taylor (fan votes) )- the industry vote + casual "hype" voting JUST MIGHT be swung towards her. also, it's clear her supporting votes are HUGe as she's got MULTIPLE nominees in all categories she's eligible for.
don't be surprised guys. prepare for a sweep and a carrie shutout.