Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story Music Video

simonplay

So what do we think about the TBC pic? I think there just have to be a connection.. 🤔

Plot twist: the guy that died at TBC music video is the guy in the GS music video and he is the ghost that want to be alive to be with Carrie 😂 maybe too elaborated 😆

cmuf2011

Lol UMG doing their thing.. 😅

No but maybe she will do a live stream before the premier?
If there’s a live stream before or after the premiere then someone please cap it cause I’ll be working when it premieres and won’t be able to take a break at that time cause that would be doing our lunch rush.

jaks_weyn

Looks very theatrical 😍I'm hoping though that there is a storyline and not just clips of Carrie singing and the guy regretting.. I think there will be some kind of performance as hinted by her sitting on a swing (reminds me of her JAD live performances in concert) which is great! But hopefully that TBC photo is hinting that the video is similar to it -- having a specific story with a climax (DA vid had some kind of story but was vague and didn't have much happening), a bit of drama, and a great twist that people will be talking about and curious to see.. OR, as suggested by simonplay, I like the idea of connecting this video to TBC much like how they connected LN and BHC... or maybe we'll see lots of things in the video that pay homage to her past works? That will be cool too

Also, i hope they didn't tighten their budget too much on this video.. the "Ghost Story" sign was maybe supposed to be neon lights but it didn't look realistic 😔

In any case, i'm looking forward to the video tomorrow.. it will be 1AM here when it comes out but i'll keep myself awake by then... we need this video to be great so it can help increase sales and streams!

Last edited:

Carrie_Hannah

I’m honestly already not impressed by the trailer… I’ll definitely watch with an opened mind but I feel like this song is not the song for a big theatrical “dress up” “circus” type performance. Was hoping for a simplistic storyline that showed haunting images of her being played over in his mind. This song just doesn’t scream “theatrical” to me in the sense of what the trailer shows. Definitely theatrical in the sense of a haunting movie scene. We shall see tomorrow…

The Nanook

I doubt there will be a livestream. They're probably just releasing in the afternoon for some unknown reason. #JustLabelThings

Looks very theatrical 😍I'm hoping though that there is a storyline and not just clips of Carrie singing and the guy regretting.. I think there will be some kind of performance as hinted by her sitting on a swing (reminds me of her JAD live performances in concert) which is great! But hopefully that TBC photo is hinting that the video is similar to it -- having a specific story with a climax (DA vid had some kind of story but was vague and didn't have much happening), a bit of drama, and a great twist that people will be talking about and curious to see.. OR, as suggested by simonplay, I like the idea of connecting this video to TBC much like how they connected LN and BHC... or maybe we'll see lots of things in the video that pay homage to her past works? That will be cool too

Also, i hope they didn't tighten their budget too much on this video.. the "Ghost Story" sign was maybe supposed to be neon lights but it didn't look realistic 😔

In any case, i'm looking forward to the video tomorrow.. it will be 1AM here when it comes out but i'll keep myself awake by then... we need this video to be great so it can help increase sales and streams!
Same. I'm glad it at least looks nice with the different costumes and set pieces at least based on the snippets so far. But still not convinced yet it's not just another "stand around and sing, just even prettier this time," type of video.

FanSince04

Prediction…

Glamor shots of Carrie for the chorus (red and gold outfit) with the guy being the focal point during the verses. He will see reminders of Carrie (TBC photo on the phone) everywhere he goes. Carrie will be on the swing for the bridge of the song. I really like how this video is already showing higher quality than her last few videos. Based on the snippets of the video, I am reminded me of Before He Cheats and If I Didn’t Love You. I am very excited!

luxoricious

Well, I liked it! She looks gorgeous.
Wish there were more shots of her with the denim shorts, she looks so natural there, opposite to the opulent clothes she wears every other scene.
But I really really liked this.

Zach1998

Video was decent. Carrie looked stunning throughout it, especially in the air stream camper scene, but the video really didn't go anywhere. Still don't know who the producer is yet, but this gives Randee St Nicolas vibes.

simonplay

I would have liked to see her more happy and not kind of sad since he is the one missing her and she is over it.

So Carrie played herself and the guy is Mike if he ever dump her 🤣

Carrie_Hannah

I’m honestly already not impressed by the trailer… I’ll definitely watch with an opened mind but I feel like this song is not the song for a big theatrical “dress up” “circus” type performance. Was hoping for a simplistic storyline that showed haunting images of her being played over in his mind. This song just doesn’t scream “theatrical” to me in the sense of what the trailer shows. Definitely theatrical in the sense of a haunting movie scene. We shall see tomorrow…
My opinion didn’t change after watching it. It was too over the top for this song in my opinion. I feel like this budget and the visuals would have been better suited for the Church Bells video or if she would have released CCA as a single. Happy it was different than what we have recently gotten from her though!

I feel like a dark haunting video that served like a scene out of a horror film would have been adequate and fit the song vibe better.
Oh well… I am still waiting on a video of hers to absolutely wow me. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe the next one will

Last edited:

Zach1998

Yeah I'd say Carrie's best videos are

Two Black Cadillacs
Little Toy Guns
See You Again
Temporary Home
Just a Dream
Mama's Song

I'd love for to work with whoever made those. I know PR Brown is responsible for both Two Black Cadillacs and Little Toy Guns.

FanSince04

I loved the throwbacks. Yes, the video gives off Randee vibes; HOWEVER, much better than the past direction she took for videos. It felt like the guy chasing after her. He recalls the times they spent together and goes to the places in his mind. Carrie appears in her many different settings doing her thing not paying any kind to him. As far as production and quality, I’m happy with this video.

Constructive Criticism

The ending felt a little forced. It came off as promo for her Vegas Residency… which I guess isn’t terrible. Swinging from the ceiling with people clapping seemed out of place in this video.