Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story Music Video

FanSince04

Well, since the guy is lying in a bed, she could easily be haunting his dreams...definitely goes along the "all night memory" lyric in the song, in my opinion.
That’s the direction I see this video. Ever have an incoherent dream where it just seems so obscure, then as you replay the events of the day it begins to make sense. I believe this is a great res presentation of him thinking of her throughout the day and she comes to haunt his dreams after haunting his memories during the day.

Last edited:

FanSince04

Views for the video are not too bad for it being released 40 min. ago!

Currently views have increased to 1K per min. on YouTube and sit at 6,880.

Fb likely hasn’t updated since it’s listing 64 views after just being uploaded 6 min. ago.

Hil

One of her best videos to date. I LOVE how he was dreaming all vintage Carrie eras, which is why they used the pics they did on his phone. In that sense it feels like she'll be haunting country music forever too (my own personally little he he, doubt she meant that). Loved every single thing about it.

The Nanook

It was better than expected, but my expectations were pretty low given the director. If I had to guess the video was probably meant as a bit of an homage to, or at least somewhat inspired by, Carrie's Vegas residency. But I would have liked if Carrie was shown more living the life of a successful entertainer or something to show she's happy and occupied with her own life. That would have more effectively shown that Carrie has moved on while it's the guy who is stuck in the past. There was a non-zero number of shots of Carrie looking like she was the one reminiscing, which isn't how I imagine the narrator in the song feeling.

It was neat seeing references to previous eras but the literal images they used were rather in-your-face (putting a giant image of the Ghost Story single cover behind the bed was certainly a choice). Seeing Carrie on set of past music videos but from the guy's perspective and singing GS instead would have been cool for the "haunting" aspect and is where I thought they were kind of going but didn't. At least it gives it some replay value.

I still say Somethin' Bad is far and away the best looking and highest production music video Carrie's been on and will be waiting for the next MV that matches that. Even when it comes to purely glam music videos with little or no plot, I think GG is much more visually interesting than anything I've seen from RSN who seems to favor flat lighting in many shots. Would love to see Carrie move on from RSN like she finally did from Roman White.

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
So the past videos references:

Cry Pretty
Cowboy Casanova
Smoke Break
Wasted

Any other?
someone pointed out the bourbon he's drinking is the same as in the DA video
and of course the swing is not from a video but the CR tour

Reactions: Hil

jbrown

It was better than expected, but my expectations were pretty low given the director. If I had to guess the video was probably meant as a bit of an homage to, or at least somewhat inspired by, Carrie's Vegas residency. But I would have liked if Carrie was shown more living the life of a successful entertainer or something to show she's happy and occupied with her own life. That would have more effectively shown that Carrie has moved on while it's the guy who is stuck in the past. There was a non-zero number of shots of Carrie looking like she was the one reminiscing, which isn't how I imagine the narrator in the song feeling.

It was neat seeing references to previous eras but the literal images they used were rather in-your-face (putting a giant image of the Ghost Story single cover behind the bed was certainly a choice). Seeing Carrie on set of past music videos but from the guy's perspective and singing GS instead would have been cool for the "haunting" aspect and is where I thought they were kind of going but didn't. At least it gives it some replay value.

I still say Somethin' Bad is far and away the best looking and highest production music video Carrie's been on and will be waiting for the next MV that matches that. Even when it comes to purely glam music videos with little or no plot, I think GG is much more visually interesting than anything I've seen from RSN who seems to favor flat lighting in many shots. Would love to see Carrie move on from RSN like she finally did from Roman White.
It is a beautiful video, people will just have to
open their hearts and mind with positive thoughts and enjoy the video as it is, set aside any expectations and each one’s ideas of how it is supposed to be done then the video will be viewed at a different light or mindset. Enjoy the video, Carrie worked hard on it. Love and light everyone💜💜💜

Hil

someone pointed out the bourbon he's drinking is the same as in the DA video
and of course the swing is not from a video but the CR tour
didn't she also wear that black dress to sing Cry Pretty at the CMT awards?

simonplay

I’m still not seeing where these videos are referenced other than outfits being similar in certain scenes. Am I missing something or is that the connection people are making.
Wasted, The guy with the whiskey in the scenes in white and black
Crey Pretty, Carrie in front of the mirror with the lights
Smoke Break, Carrie in denim shorts touching her hair in the same way as Smoke Break before she goes to the stage.
Cowboy Casanova, the intro