Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haley Reinhart Thread

I didnt watch much of idol this year, (but based off of the itunes clips Haley definitely seemed like my favorite) and I was wondering how was she edited or portrayed?

bigbluegrl23

I didnt watch much of idol this year, (but based off of the itunes clips Haley definitely seemed like my favorite) and I was wondering how was she edited or portrayed?

they just made her seem like a ***** who didnt care about the show. when in fact shes a really simple/chill girl who loves music and doesnt take herself seriously at all. shes awesome haha
becca T

diva101

they just made her seem like a ***** who didnt care about the show. when in fact shes a really simple/chill girl who loves music and doesnt take herself seriously at all. shes awesome haha
becca T

agree 100% and I feel like they made her look like that because they want to really push the Scotty vs. Lauren finale before (the goody two shoes). Cause Haley has massive talent and it gets in the way of what the producers wanted, and that is the Scotty -v- Lauren finale.

carebear7

Haley is a cool girl. i wanna be best friends with her haha. its really unfortunate how weird the show made her come off at first. thankfully, she performed her ass off so we could all really fall in love with her.
becca T

It really is unfortunate... she's got such a cool laid back personality.

It really sucks at how Haley was edited on the show. I love that Slezak compared J.Lo to Maleficent. So fitting! :)

Slezak is awesome. He's such a Haley fanboy it cracks me up. He did idoloonies (pretty much comments on the show and stuff) for each week of the season. You should watch some if you haven't already. They're pretty good.

ugh I don't even know where to begin. They pretty much gave her no back story at all, except that she comes from a musical family. And they really didn't show to much of her during Hollywood week. I honestly didn't remember who she was when they put her through to top 24. Once they got to the live shows, they started trying to portray her as having a bad attitude. They questioned her work ethic, her personality, her song choice, who she is as an artist. She would go out there and kill it almost every week and most of the time would get a fairly mild critic. I mean, yes, she got many standing ovations, but there were a few too many times (say Earth Song and You and I) when they critic she would get was just kinda ridiculous and not really even about her actual vocal. There were a few times when they would say things to her that really just seemed mean-spirited and completely unnecessary (particularly Randy's comments after round one of top 4 week). Needless to say she's got some tough skin on her. And the sad part is that a lot of people really bought into it. Almost no one I know really liked her very much. She was pretty portrayed as a *****.... That was a bit of a ramble haha :laugh: Anyways, I could go on forever about how wrongly portrayed she was lol. It was pretty much just a bad edit. She really is just a cool, laid-back girl who loves music and is incredibly passionate about it.

becca T

Yup, this is pretty much what I was trying to say in a lot less words haha

bigbluegrl23

Slezak is awesome. He's such a Haley fanboy it cracks me up. He did idoloonies (pretty much comments on the show and stuff) for each week of the season. You should watch some if you haven't already. They're pretty good.

ugh I don't even know where to begin. They pretty much gave her no back story at all, except that she comes from a musical family. And they really didn't show to much of her during Hollywood week. I honestly didn't remember who she was when they put her through to top 24. Once they got to the live shows, they started trying to portray her as having a bad attitude. They questioned her work ethic, her personality, her song choice, who she is as an artist. She would go out there and kill it almost every week and most of the time would get a fairly mild critic. I mean, yes, she got many standing ovations, but there were a few too many times (say Earth Song and You and I) when they critic she would get was just kinda ridiculous and not really even about her actual vocal. There were a few times when they would say things to her that really just seemed mean-spirited and completely unnecessary (particularly Randy's comments after round one of top 4 week). Needless to say she's got some tough skin on her. And the sad part is that a lot of people really bought into it. Almost no one I know really liked her very much. She was pretty portrayed as a *****.... That was a bit of a ramble haha :laugh: Anyways, I could go on forever about how wrongly portrayed she was lol. It was pretty much just a bad edit. She really is just a cool, laid-back girl who loves music and is incredibly passionate about it.

Yup, this is pretty much what I was trying to say in a lot less words haha

haha i liked your version too tho lol
becca T

carriecountrystar

I get what you're saying. I also got the impression that she had a "bad attitude" but then as I looked into her personality and how she was really working hard and just how everything was, I realized that it wasn't who she really is. they were trying to portray her in a way so it wouldn't attract america to her. it was almost as if they tried to put her in bad light by purposely singling her out for nothing...

well whatever, I <3 Haley. I still have "benny and the jets" stuck in my head. lol she's the first contestant ever that I've voted for. never bothered with all the other singers before. some were very good vocally but they just didn't struck a chord with me like Haley did. Usually the singers have that ONE "It" moment but Haley killed it every time at the top. She just came out with guns blazing. guess it just hit too hard for the judges that they were too stunned and delusionalized. lol good for steven tyler who still had a good head on.

Carrieflattsfan

I used to be one of those people who couldn't stand Hayley. But she won me over with "Bennie In The Jets," 'House of The Rising Sun" "Rolling In The Deep" & "I Who Have Nothing."
She didn't just continue to have one or two great performances, but she slayed it every week. Her stage moves bothered me at first, but after awhile I was able to really see the natural performer in her.
I'm still not big on her personality, but after seeing some videos, I just think she's her own person who doesn't give a crap what other people think. Nothing wrong with that, in my book.
I don't know if I'd buy an album from Hayley, but I can say she won me over, and I wish her much success. :)

judes

I watched the Slezak interviews and he really summed up Idols attitude about her - they really wanted her gone so they could have the country final - Thank goodness Steven put his two cents in to at least comment on the fact Haley has incredible vocals and this is a singing competition afterall - if Haley had been in Season 5 or 6 she may have won Idol - I think she has a great personality for performing-I think Idol decided at the outset they would crown performers in specific genres like Lauren and Scotty in country

Gator

I watched the Slezak interviews and he really summed up Idols attitude about her - they really wanted her gone so they could have the country final - Thank goodness Steven put his two cents in to at least comment on the fact Haley has incredible vocals and this is a singing competition afterall - if Haley had been in Season 5 or 6 she may have won Idol - I think she has a great personality for performing-I think Idol decided at the outset they would crown performers in specific genres like Lauren and Scotty in country

I totally agree. The Slezak videos were interesting. I agree that Idol picked who they wanted for the win early on. How often had we heard about their lives, and Lauren being "the one" and Scotty "the body"? Haley is an amazing performer with a great personality. Never, during the Idol season, did I notice any "bad attitude" or b*****ness as some mentioned. As much as her her nearly every move and nearly every song were criticized, and her trips to the bottom three, if such exsisted, everyone would have noticed it. I know everyone in my household were shocked to hear those comments about Haley. She took things with a grain of salt. That said, yes, she finally stood up for herself toward the end. Can you blame her?? Someone had to have her back, and Steven did some of the time. But, good for Haley to have the backbone to stand up for herself. She made it to the Top 3 and got her "homecoming". Good for her!

Haley has an amazing voice and I cannot wait to buy Haley's album!

carriecountrystar

found this great Haley interview and wanted to share :)

this is part 2 where she explains a lot on how she dealt with bottom three, judges' critics...etc.

highly recommend checking out all the parts! part 3 is pretty funny lol.

Haley is such a lay-back and chilled girl. She was wrongly criticized for that as "not in it to win it" nonsense.
She's so funny too. I love her mentality and mind set of giving it all and looking in the positive. She didn't let being in the bottom 3 set her back, instead she just played on :) Also, the fact that she didn't try to pick the "obvious" choice but would pick something that was true to herself even though it may have been less unfamiliar with audience gave me a lot of respect for her as an artist. took a ton of risks but it was worth it :D

judes

^^ Out of all the contestants I think Haley knows the most about herself as an artist - thanks for posting the video - that's why she was able to make that charge for the win and no other contestant was able to - Scotty and Lauren could have sung the phonebook with a twang and the judges would have applauded and their fans voted. But to come up with stellar musical moments - Haley was the winner with all her standing ovations she received and right into the finale with her duet with Tony Bennett

Gator

^^I love Haley's explanation how "Moanin'" came about. That was a standout performance in the competition. LOVED that performance with Haley and Casey, actually. Haley had so many stellar performances. I actually loved her "Earth Song" performance, which she got hammered on. And for Haley having performed with Tony Bennett must have been so sureal to her. Simply amazing.

Haley seems to have a good head on her shoulders and knows what is best for her voice and personality. She seems to have great instincts and look forward to what's next for this young artist.

carebear7

^^I love Haley's explanation how "Moanin'" came about. That was a standout performance in the competition. LOVED that performance with Haley and Casey, actually. Haley had so many stellar performances. I actually loved her "Earth Song" performance, which she got hammered on. And for Haley having performed with Tony Bennett must have been so sureal to her. Simply amazing.

Haley seems to have a good head on her shoulders and knows what is best for her voice and personality. She seems to have great instincts and look forward to what's next for this young artist.

Moanin was amazing :heart: I too loved hearing how it came about... I loved Earth Song too. I don't think I'll every understand why they didn't love it. I mean, I know they were trying to get their country final two, but it was amazing imo.

Cathie Wynkoop

carriecountrystar: Thanks so much for posting that video!! I watched all 5 of them!! Great stuff!!!!

One thing I always looked forward to every week was what Haley was going to come up with to sing. I knew Scotty and Lauren would be country, James would be rock, Casey would be....well, something Casey. But I knew Haley was unique, and she would sing something unexpected. I LOVED that about her! I wish her well, and I cannot wait until her cd comes out!

judes

So Haley is going to be managed by Red Light Management along with James and Pia. Red Light manages Tim McGraw and Alanis Morrissette - I wonder if that's why Idol had Haley sing Alanis's song? Maybe the song choice didn't come from the judges but from Nigel. Anyway good deal for Haley as those three are the only three from Season 10 picked up to be managed so far.

diva101

^^^ thanks for that!!!

oh gosh, I'm hearing a little Alanis in her!!!! I'm so gonna buy her album when it comes out!!!!!