Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hallelujah Music Video

JLO_Carrie

There’s a story within the song beyond just what was given. I’m not complaining; however, stating that I expected more and can’t understand the people fading, etc. all opinions welcome!

Agreed. The ending was a bit much. What storyline would you have liked?

PRGuy79

The art and set production, as well as the styling, are exquisite. The video is exceptionally well done and Carrie is absolutely beautiful. And the soft, faded images of the people represent the good days when we were able to fill the church pews and be together without fear of the pandemic. It shows that we are "holding on to hope" for a return of those beautiful, more simple times.

PRGuy79

I am so impressed by the video. The condition of the building represents the state of our world right now, I believe. We are looking back on good days before the pandemic separated us, when we could be together with filled pews without fear. Carrie and John are singing of better times, of "holding on to hope" for things to return. And in the meantime, we hold those who are closest to us near until we can all be together again. I think the haunting nature of the video fits our times and this song perfectly.

Josh

She definitely can. But, I think she deserves better for being the Queen of Country. Randee st Nicholas just gives a beautiful budget video. Which is great. But, I feel like someone as big as Carrie should have a more epic and amazing video. It is what it is, though. Still beautiful and at least it's something.

Josh

Maybe if there is a story behind it that I'm just not thinking of yet, then I could see it in a better light. If it's symbolic of different things, I'd love if Carrie would explain it sometime.

Josh

The art and set production, as well as the styling, are exquisite. The video is exceptionally well done and Carrie is absolutely beautiful. And the soft, faded images of the people represent the good days when we were able to fill the church pews and be together without fear of the pandemic. It shows that we are "holding on to hope" for a return of those beautiful, more simple times.

You could be right. That would give the video way more meaning. I need to see it a few more times and maybe the story and the meaning will sink in.

I really like this interpretation! The video has a good, relaxing vibe if that makes sense because of the styling!

FanSince04

THAT would make so much sense.

oldyfan

It is beautiful. I understand why John approached Carrie with the song, her range is amazing. Together they were Magical!

adam1995

Haven't watched yet. Not sure what to feel after these reactions?

Also, when I saw it was Randee St. Nicholas again, I was disappointed as well. Not sure why Carrie does not venture to other directors. She can always revisit Randee, but once in a while changing it up would be nice, especially since music videos drive streams, and Randee videos have almost no rematch value. She's too loyal sometimes.

sco

It is beautifully done. I actually wonder if they were in the same room at the same time or they filmed them separately and spliced it.

adam1995

Having now watched it, I like it. I do think it touches on hope as it's theme. It's a hopeful song, and Hallelujah is generally used for joyous celebrations in the Christian faith. I think it's a song and a video of hope of better days ahead. The decrepit church kind of adds to the hopeful message, oddly, it makes me feel like we can damaged now, but can get repaired.

I stand by what I said about Randee though.