Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2

teesharky

Wow these are the best reviews Harry Potter has ever received! Amazing!

Maybe it will even be nominated for a Golden Globe or something! About freakin' time!

JB172

My wife and two oldest girls are going on Friday while I take the youngest one to see "Winnie The Pooh" :p

AIgrl06

^ I know Katie! And 96% on Rotten Tomatoes! Only 2 "negative" reviews so far by 2 people from the same website whose reviews can be considered as mixed. They gave positive reviews to critically panned movies which makes their opinion in my view irrelevant.

And I'm super excited! 10 hours left till I start watching the last Harry Potter movie! I really hope it gets some Oscar recognition!

I hate you! ;)

^ I know Katie! And 96% on Rotten Tomatoes! Only 2 "negative" reviews so far by 2 people from the same website whose reviews can be considered as mixed. They gave positive reviews to critically panned movies which makes their opinion in my view irrelevant.

And I'm super excited! 10 hours left till I start watching the last Harry Potter movie! I really hope it gets some Oscar recognition!
So have you gotten to see it yet? How was it?

AIgrl06

I'm so jealous of you, Elie! Ahhhh! I'm not reading your review until I see it, but I just got even MORE excited! What?!?!?

AIgrl06

How big is Alan Rickman's screentime in the film? I've been reading that he's excellent (some talk of a Supporting Actor nod) but I don't know about screentime. I want a spoiler-free answer here, Elie!

teesharky

I am so excited about this movie! The critics are giving it higher reviews then some Oscar winning movies got!

I hope Alan Rickman gets a nomination as he deserves one. I also hope Harry Potter finally gets some love, or even Hermione or Ron. lol

eliefares

How big is Alan Rickman's screentime in the film? I've been reading that he's excellent (some talk of a Supporting Actor nod) but I don't know about screentime. I want a spoiler-free answer here, Elie!

He has decent screentime. It's not very focused on him but there's a very important part about him, as you know. But yeah, his part shattered me into oblivion (as I said in my review).

mlawlor

I am so excited about this movie! The critics are giving it higher reviews then some Oscar winning movies got!

I hope Alan Rickman gets a nomination as he deserves one. I also hope Harry Potter finally gets some love, or even Hermione or Ron. lol

I've never gotten into HP at all (I'm one of the few...) but as for awards, I know the Academy will often not give awards all the time to early movies of similar sagas, but then nominate just about everything for the final film, almost out of respect. They did this for the Lord of the Rings.

bigbluegrl23

I've never gotten into HP at all (I'm one of the few...) but as for awards, I know the Academy will often not give awards all the time to early movies of similar sagas, but then nominate just about everything for the final film, almost out of respect. They did this for the Lord of the Rings.

i think people were surprised part 1 didnt get nominations bc it was also very good but i do think the voters wanted a whole movie. plus, with the absolute universal acclaim this movie is getting, with an added HUGGGE bonus of the amount of money this movie is about to make/already is making, were on the path for a possible HUGE Oscar sweep in nominations (who knows about wins, bc there will still be great movies out).
becca T

teesharky

Guys the Rotten Tomatoes score is holding strong at 97 with 159 reviews in! And the metacritic rating is holding STRONG at 87 with 37 reviews in or something like that. Even Rolling Stone Magazine gave it 3.5 stars our of 4 and LOVED it! So this is really looking good for a few Globe/Oscar noms! If so--- I will be freakin' STOKED come 2012 award season! I love when big blockbuster fan favorites FINALLY Get love from critics and industry voters. Sometimes the PUBLIC IS right, industry snobs. lol

Harry Potter is trending on twitter right now for the midnight showings in a few hours. It is starting to get insane. lol

I wish I could go tonight but it is sold out in every theater within 45 minutes of me. lol

So tomorrow it is. I plan to go to the 3D version first, and then the regular version later in the weekend to compare which one I liked better. lol

Last edited:

bigbluegrl23

Guys the Rotten Tomatoes score is holding strong and 97 with 159 reviews in! And the metacritic rating is holding STRONG at 87 with 37 reviews in or something like that. Even Rolling Stone Magazine gave it 3.5 stars our of 4 and LOVED it! So this is really looking good for a few Globe/Oscar noms! If so--- I will be freakin' STOKED come 2012 award season! I love when big blockbuster fan favorites FINALLY Get love from critics and industry voters. Sometimes the PUBLIC IS right, industry snobs. lol

Harry Potter is trending on twitter right now for the midnight showings in a few hours. It is starting to get insane. lol

I wish I could go tonight but it is sold out in every theater within 45 minutes of me. lol

So tomorrow it is. I plan to go to the 3D version first, and then the regular version later in the weekend to compare which one I liked better. lol

If this movie gets invited to the oscars (which is looking VERY much like a reality), i honestly think there will be record ratings. and i think the entire award season will be even more talked about then when Avatar was huge.
becca T

AIgrl06

Guys the Rotten Tomatoes score is holding strong and 97 with 159 reviews in! And the metacritic rating is holding STRONG at 87 with 37 reviews in or something like that. Even Rolling Stone Magazine gave it 3.5 stars our of 4 and LOVED it! So this is really looking good for a few Globe/Oscar noms! If so--- I will be freakin' STOKED come 2012 award season! I love when big blockbuster fan favorites FINALLY Get love from critics and industry voters. Sometimes the PUBLIC IS right, industry snobs. lol

Ughhh, same here! Unfortunately I won't be able to see this until Saturday night, but the wait will be soooo worth it! I'm catching it in 2D 'cause 3D likes to mess with my eyes and give me headaches, haha.

I think Harry Potter will get a Best Picture nomination next year. I mean, it's the last movie! It's kind of like when Lord of the Rings swept like ten years ago, they wanted to wait until the trilogy was complete before giving them every award possible. I doubt Harry Potter will win like Lord, but hey, nominations would suffice. :) Plus, if they got every actor/crew member in the series who's a member of the Academy to put the film at #1, they'd have the 5% needed to make Best Picture, lol.