Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hate My Heart chart updates

adam1995

i Agree most the male artist sound the same
Bailey Zimmerman, doesn't sing songs like the other male artists for the most part. His are deeper than beer and parties and trucks. Listen and you'll see, might not be for everyone, but clearly he isn't singing about bro tropes. New artists are allowed to succeed. And Carrie, 18 years in is still doing well. No need for everyone to run every artist down that may pass her.

CU4ever

Bailey Zimmerman, doesn't sing songs like the other male artists for the most part. His are deeper than beer and parties and trucks. Listen and you'll see, might not be for everyone, but clearly he isn't singing about bro tropes. New artists are allowed to succeed. And Carrie, 18 years in is still doing well. No need for everyone to run every artist down that may pass her.
Yeah. I agree. Bailey isn’t a bro country artist. And his new song is gigantic as it’s blown up on tiktok. He’s earned his success

FanSince04

You missed the point. .515 AI vs .85 is quite the major discrepancy. That’s the point and only that.

rcramer

Mediabase manipulation speaks for itself... LB from 6-1 looking at the chart on Pulse. And Zimmerman from 55 - 40... I'm perfectly fine with songs going past HMH, but dang, can't it be of natural progression. But that clearly just does not happen for the ladies, unless I am missing something.

adam1995

You missed the point. .515 AI vs .85 is quite the major discrepancy. That’s the point and only that.
I didn't quote a post about the AIs. Bailey is a hot new artist, so it isn't surprising he gained a ton with his new song. There were posts referencing that it's only because he's a guy (which I'm sure factors into it) and that every male singer sounds thee same and sings the same songs. I pointed out Bailey Zimmerman, as of now does not seem to be falling in line with what's typical. That's what I commented on, so I didn't miss any point, because I didn't comment on your point.

I agree, your post was strictly AIs and I didn't even mention that.

adam1995

Mediabase manipulation speaks for itself... LB from 6-1 looking at the chart on Pulse. And Zimmerman from 55 - 40... I'm perfectly fine with songs going past HMH, but dang, can't it be of natural progression. But that clearly just does not happen for the ladies, unless I am missing something.
6-1 is pretty blatant manipulation, but 55-40 doesn't really seem to be. There are large jumps in the lower parts of the chart often, I'd imagine if the newer song is quite the hit and it seems "Rock and A Hard Place" is quite the hit. So, as of now I wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman passing is natural.

FanSince04

I didn't quote a post about the AIs. Bailey is a hot new artist, so it isn't surprising he gained a ton with his new song. There were posts referencing that it's only because he's a guy (which I'm sure factors into it) and that every male singer sounds thee same and sings the same songs. I pointed out Bailey Zimmerman, as of now does not seem to be falling in line with what's typical. That's what I commented on, so I didn't miss any point, because I didn't comment on your point.

I agree, your post was strictly AIs and I didn't even mention that.
Fair.

CU4ever

Glad to see HMH picking up a bit more. I really believe Bailey’s song is so huge because it’s a viral hit and radio is trying to cash in on that

maddkat

Staff member
this weeks adds:
KJKE-FM
KJUG-FM
KMNB-FM
WAMZ-FM
WCOS-FM
WEZL-FM
WSSL-FM
WUSH-FM

HMH is #29 on the mediabase activator chart , also this week was the final weekly chart & adds , next one is Jan 3, adds resume Jan 9

HMH is passed by RAAHP (+182/+.637) but passes 'Everything She Ain't' (+4/-.010) to remain at #38 (+18/+.055)
38 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Hate My Heart 934 795 139 3.447

maddkat

Staff member
I've always found the 'this is a summer single/this is a winter single arguments so odd. A song is a song especially in today's world of steaming it just makes no difference when songs are released. They'll be successful or they won't.

countrymusicfan15

One thing I think Carrie’s team messed up is the order of the singles. HMH sounds so summery and should have been a single during the summer months, while Ghost Story would have been perfect to be introduced as an October single (during Halloween) and peaked in the winter months. It just makes more sense to me.
Agree on GS but I don’t really think HMH sounds too much like any season. CA though to me seems like the perfect summer single! Burn too because it mentions July and the beach