Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I Didn't Love You chart updates

maddkat

Staff member
but why is my question. They're both just airplay charts that use different methods. Both as I said are easily manipulated ,as we see every week, so why is one seen as better then the other. Because Billboard/media have convinced people of that?

FanSince04

but why is my question. They're both just airplay charts that use different methods. Both as I said are easily manipulated ,as we see every week, so why is one seen as better then the other. Because Billboard/media have convinced people of that?
That’s the point I was making. BB is often referred to when talking stats. Yes, I agree both do the same job. If the public is going to prefer BB I’d like to see her get the #1 there over MB.

CU4ever

What’s disappointing is this could have gotten five weeks. The first week they took to give to My Boy. And then they pulled it last week and it just barely missed it - imagine if they still pushed it last week? It definitely would have gotten this week as a fourth week since with it being dropped it only missed it by .400K. And then it could have probably etched out a fifth week this week.

maddkat

Staff member
last daily update
IIDLY remains at #2 (-19/-.047)
2 JASON ALDEAN/CARRIE UNDERWOOD If I Didn't Love You 8273 8567 -294 39.825

FanSince04

You don’t think this will have staying power on radio? Maybe it won’t get back to #1 because labels and radio have agendas, but possibly remain Top 3 or Top 5 for some time to come?

adam1995

What’s disappointing is this could have gotten five weeks. The first week they took to give to My Boy. And then they pulled it last week and it just barely missed it - imagine if they still pushed it last week? It definitely would have gotten this week as a fourth week since with it being dropped it only missed it by .400K. And then it could have probably etched out a fifth week this week.
When you say that 4 weeks was pretty certain and possibly more, if all was fair. Man, I wish the charts weren't this influenced, especially with how the overall influence of radio is dropping. I mean the only reason FL is going to #1, let alone the the top 10 is because of Tiktok. Tiktok seems to be more influential than radio at this point.

CU4ever

When you say that 4 weeks was pretty certain and possibly more, if all was fair. Man, I wish the charts weren't this influenced, especially with how the overall influence of radio is dropping. I mean the only reason FL is going to #1, let alone the the top 10 is because of Tiktok. Tiktok seems to be more influential than radio at this point.
Yeah and I think that last part bothers me the most in the grand scheme of things. I mean FL never would have charted without TikTok and been a problem this week (it peaked higher on country than pop lol). With any luck Carrie will have a song next album blow up there

CU4ever

An amazing chart run. This was a genuine smash hit single. A multi week number one that has staying power. Here’s to hoping we have more of these next era!

maddkat

Staff member
IIDLY moved back to #1 on mediabase country today (-30/+.018)

it's barely falling so just wondering with the performance tonight if it can gain enough steam to maybe go back to #1 on BB this week.
There is an ott push going on for Chasing After You this week though (+279/+.746) today.So I guess we see what the rest of the week brings. FL is crashing.

CU4ever

I had thought that two weeks ago FL was doing bad just because of maybe it being held back for something, but it’s fall this week indicates radio was quite tired of it.

IIDLY is the song that won’t give up. It definitely could have spent over a month at the top. Let’s all hope it can maybe sneak in another week this week, at least on billboard!